Tharandtrampe: Dresden - Chemnitz Wishlist

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by jolojonasgames, Oct 20, 2021.

1. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Hi all, there's a new German route on the roadmap, and like last time I'd like to make a 'wishlist' for it. It's a list of features in no specific order that could help give the developers an idea of what players would like. Some of these wishes are more important than others, but again, they're not listed in a specific order, and the way people value these features is very subjective. Feel free to let me know below if there's anything you'd like to see added to the list :). Also note that this wishlist is written assuming the route will be set pre-2013 (due to the inclusion of the BR 612 which stopped operating the line in 2013 as far as I know).

• Correctly modeled, and realistic GNT: This safety system deals with the higher speed limits tilting trains like the BR 612 included with this route are allowed to drive. It is essential for getting the gameplay on this route right.
    • The new lighting from Dresden - Riesa: This system is a huge improvement, and because the difficult work around Dresden has already been done, we're hoping to see the system, or at least the reflective signage, etc. on this route aswell.
    • The correct level crossings: To my knowledge there aren't a lot of level crossings on the route, but those that are there should be the correct ones and types. (check out a thread about them here, Jo_Kim made a good comment on them)
    • BR 363 & BR 204 layers: again, it would be great to see the BR 363 (both versions) and the BR 204 in action on this route. Especially the East-German BR 204 that currently is unique to MSB would be a great fit for this route. Shunting services could be possible around Chemnitz, Freiberg and Dresden, and perhaps some smaller industrial connections. It would also be great to see something like one daily trip with the BR 204 up the gradient with a short goods train.
    • Moving scenery trams in Dresden: Currently, RRO in game features moving scenery in the form of the Wuppertal Schwebebahn. That is a really nice feature that adds life to the area, and it would be nice to see in Dresden in the form of trams, which Dresden has a lot of.
    • A focus on good distant scenery: due to the hilly nature of the route, at some points quite a bit of distant scenery is visible in real life. I hope that there will be plenty of trees (both distant and close to the track) and buildings where this is appropriate. The route really has a forest feel like Clinchfield, so I hope that gets reflected in the in-game final product.
    • Functional tilting for the BR 612: I don't think DTG won't do this, but it's still important so I'll list it nonetheless.
    • A new Dosto (cab car): Back in 2013, when the route is probably set, older type Dostos were operated on many RB and RE services. The most important new Dosto in this regard it the Dosto 762 cab car, pictured below. I really hope we'll get a new Dosto for this route, as the modern ones just would not look, feel or be right. The older Dosto cab car could also provide interesting new layers to future (and current) routes. The S-bahn Dosto's also didn't have a VVO livery back then, unlike the VVO Dostsos currently in-game with Riesa - Dresden
    [​IMG]

• Correct bridge models: the route has a few large bridges. Seeing correct purpose-made models here instead of generic 'looks close enough' ones would be great as it helps bring home the feel of the route and improves authenticity by a lot.
    • Preparation for future railtour layers: The Tharandter Rampe has a lot of railtours on it, due to the precense of railway museums on the line in both Chemnitz (Sächsisches Eisenbahnmuseum) and Dresden (Eisenbahnmuseum Dresden). The one in Dreden organizes a lot of them. Currently no historic German rolling stock for railtours is in game but with 'spirit of steam' coming closer, there will be in the future. I hope that a space for one or two railtours can be reserved in the timetable so these railtours can be added in later.
    • Freight layers: There isn't that much freight on this line in real life, but I'm sure players wouldn't mind their being at least a good number of interesting services (i.e. more than just A-B if possible).
    • BR 155 + Coal Wagons freight layers: I've already mentioned freight layers, but especially the BR 155 is important, with this onceagain being an East-German route. It would be great to see it haul some of the heavy coal wagons this DLC came with up the Tharandtrampe, especially as the coal wagons have seen no use outside of RSN. Just a few daily return trips with the BR 155 and coal wagons would be absolutely great!
    • Correct modelling of landmarks: Sparmi has listed a few important landmarks and pictures of them in the comment immediately below. These could help bring the feel of the route home and would add authenticity to the route.
    • Acces to the Paper mills at Weißenborn with the BR 204: In real life back in 2013 the paper mills at Weißenborn still used their railway acces, with a V100 sometimes picking up some freight their. It would be fun to see this small branch with a few sidings represented as a playing ground for the BR 204 (or alternatively the BR 363).
    • New 'Small' one-line PIS screens for platforms: Many smaller stations on this route use a smaller type of PIS screen on platforms, as pictured below. DTG should be able to get all the information for these screens from the community, as photos and videos have been supplied to my knowledge
    [​IMG]

I hope all of you can find some important things in this wishlist and broadly agree on it. If you have any requests, comment them and I'll add them to the list! :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 31
    • Helpful Helpful x 4
  2. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...did some research for interesting landmarks and found them!

Landmarks Coschütz.jpg

Landmarks Freital.jpg

Landmarks Chemnitz.jpg

• Like Like x 13
  3. jolojonasgames

Really interesting, all of these landmarks could be really interesting if the route gets properly modelled. Hope DTG takes a look at it. Will include correct modelling of landmarks in the wishlist!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Very interesting, thanks for this overview.
    One comment on the rainbow chimney: While it would be nice to have that, it was only painted in 2013 (around the same time the 612 disappeared from this route), so depending on when the route is set it might pre-date the colourful chimney. So chimney yes, but maybe not as colourful :o

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Sparmi

Sparmi Well-Known Member

...actually wanted to do a seperate thread refering to landmarks for the new route, but it fits in here perfectly! I guess DTG's route builders will see it and in the end we'll get a convincing result, like with the "Meißen" branch. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tanglebones

Tanglebones Well-Known Member

I really like this prospective collaboration between players and devs, us passing to the them things we find important before they get too far along. It's in cooperation like this that will make for highly popular routes, I'd expect. Hopefully devs can factor it in or, worst case, let us know early so we can manage expectations. That too is critical, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  7. jolojonasgames

Last time they actually decided to bring in the BR 363 to Riesa - Dresden because the community showed a demand for more shunting, so I'm hopeful that they'll at least look at what they can do!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jinoss17

Jinoss17 Well-Known Member

I would like to point out also the quality of sounds of the DMU, especially because it's a diesel train.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I have a sneaking suspicion concerning who may be involved in bringing this train to live considering how quiet it‘s been around the G6. I might very well be wrong though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Cramnor

I REALLY hope that TSG will be involved in the 612! I'm hoping for good sounds, that would be probably the best way to get them (and a good train in general) :)

• Like Like x 7
  11. jolojonasgames

Honestly the fact that everyone thinks 'TSG = Good' is a testament to TSG's skill. I definetely also hope he's involved with the BR 612!

• Like Like x 5
  12. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Sam yesterday started the talk about 612 with the words "tilting action", so I think (hope) tilting is a safe bet.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Building the 612 without tilting would be like building an IET without a pantograph/electric mode.

• Like Like x 2
  14. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Which, again, is a powerful hint that the Acela, ICE-T and/or Pendolino are in the cards.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

They always were. Matt has always maintained that the team know what to do when implementing tilting trains, it was more a question of "when we get round to it".

• Like Like x 2
  16. Cramnor

I think the tilting is safe, what is more a concern for me personally is whether the safety system NGT needed to make use of the tilting is implemented and working :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

This route definitely needs East German locomotives like DB BR 228 DR BR118 this one is mentioned on my suggestion Riesa Chemnitz (Karl Marx Stadt). Followed by the Romanian Built DB BR219 DR BR 119 which then open the possibility of a new downloadable content called Legends of East Germany DR BR250 211 243 119 V100 DR BR118

• Like Like x 1
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Correctly modeled, and realistic GNT (Safety system which works in conjunction with PZB to increase speeds for tilting trains) is fundamental for me to buy this route.

Geschwindigkeitsüberwachung Neigetechnik, this route uses the ZUB262 system

Also, O/T, but is there any freight in this route IRL?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  19. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Can you link your suggestion again? ^^

20. driverwoods#1787

Well said also for Riesa Dresden ICE-T line 50 to Flughafen Frankfurt if it comes as DLC. Basically Dresden Karl Marx Stadt (Chemnitz) Werdau railway serves the prototype of DTG adding Tilting Trains to TSW2 paving the way for WCML Class 390 NEC Acela and Avelia Liberty. For freight trains, you're looking at DB BR232 assuming Ruhr Sieg Nord is owned as seen on this video

Another version is DB BR185 or DB BR152 with Zags lpg wagon or Roos-t with steel coils

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. cadeshr6s

Hopefully they can create the small German led PIS at the stations.

jolojonasgames mabye you can this to on the wishlist :)

[​IMG]

Here are some videos:

The one above shows the most informations and how they are displayed.

In the appendix there is a domument, where the functionality and the structure is explained. Is it possible to implement them? TrainSim-Matt
    Sorry for tagging you so often and if you need more information just tell me;)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Post it here
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-passenger-information-screen-thread.43095/#post-393958

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  23. cadeshr6s

• Like Like x 1
  24. driverwoods#1787

It is done and click on my signature for that route.

25. cadeshr6s

I'm on my mobile phone, there I can not see signature ^^

26. driverwoods#1787

On the mobile phone, the signature is seen when you put it sideways landscape. Otherwise direct link to Riesa-Chemnitz is my suggestion and is if that route is built then combined with Tharandtrampe then DB BR156 DR BR252 can run both routes. Diesel DB BR228 DR BR118 Now you have an East German Rush Hour scene.

• Like Like x 1
  27. jolojonasgames

Both taken care of now :)

• Like Like x 2
  28. driverwoods#1787

For Diesel locomotive, DB BR232 RSN can work here because it's the DR BR 132

29. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

I would love to see the siding paper industry in weissenborn for local freight trains with BR204 or BR363 and H-wagons freiberg-weissenborn.
    And one branch line into the ore mountains to holzhau (RB83 from Freiberg) or to Olbernhau/Annaberg-Buchholz from Flöha.

Imagine narrow gauge steam freital-kipsdorf :love:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  30. OpenMinded

OpenMinded Well-Known Member

I would love to see the night lighting introduced with DRA. Has there been a word if that is going to be the new standard?

I basically agree with all which was said above, but my main drivers would be GNT and fright incl shunting. I loved the variety on DRA!

• Like Like x 4
  31. jolojonasgames

To me the Weißenborn paper sidings seem pretty unused, I'm not sure about them.

32. jolojonasgames

Added to the list :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

That could possibly happen, they'll definitely use the Dresden tile, which already has it, so it is a good start.

• Like Like x 2
  34. Schuppenheizer

Schuppenheizer Member

yes, it is shut down today, but when the BR 612 was still running, it was in operation.
    https://flic.kr/p/PXHGkt until 2014/2015

• Like Like x 1
  35. jolojonasgames

Added that one in aswell then :). Thanks for the info!

• Like Like x 1
  36. KoeleKoen

KoeleKoen Well-Known Member

Count me in for shunting services, we need more of those, 204 and 363 need to stretch their legs some more, ideally in combination with freight like on rsn (although i have no idea if this is realistic) they missed that opportunity with the chemical plant on dra, hope it gets implemented here since whoever did that shunt/freight timetable on rsn deserves a medal

• Like Like x 7
  37. driverwoods#1787

I agree but this is the former GDR German Democratic Republic which means the default Shunter is the 204 because before the 1990 German reunification it was called Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR V100

• Like Like x 2
  38. turnipgaming97

turnipgaming97 Member

D
    Does the DB BR406 ICE 3 run on or passes through this route to get to Frankfurt Hbf or to Aachen Hbf ??

39. jolojonasgames

To be short, no.

The ICE3(m) doesn't run near Dresden in real life at all. On Dresden - Riesa it's only there to substitute for the BR 411 ICE-T. This one doesn't run on Dresden - Chemnitz either, but some very rare occasions where the line between Riesa and Dresden was closed have caused ICE-T services to be diverted over theTharandter Rampe. This is a very rare occasion though, and doesn't justify ICE 3m services for this route (except for AI at Dresden Hbf).

I did however once suggest a new timetable with diverted ICE and IC services over Gemünden for Main-Spessart-Bahn (where diversions are a little more common and would finally provide some long requested ICE and IC services for that route). I therefore also am not entirely opposed to adding diverted services in an alternate timetable.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021