Train Sim World - Roadmap Update 16/11/2021

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Nov 16, 2021.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (2).jpg Read the article here.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 15
  2. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

Wow, that quick. Now I really can't wait to see this route in action.

• Like Like x 2
  3. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Arosa timetable finallly on the roadmap! Finally, after almost a year of complaining!

• Like Like x 6
  4. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

Arosa line Timetable update looks interesting.
    Mike.:)

5. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

"Also added to the Roadmap this week is that Rivet Games are working on upgrades to the Arosa Linie timetable. This is in direct response to feedback received from players."

DIRECT response. You guys are funny sometimes.

Would have been nicer something like: "Rivet Games is finally working on the fix for the broken timetable since release. We are sorry that it took so long. We will make sure this will not happen again in the future".

• Like Like x 22
  6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Eager to hear what Matt will tell us about the PS5 fixes. Interestingly, it’s mentioned that Rivet Games is improving the Arosa Timetable based on feedback. But what about all the IoW feedback - including timetable issues on that route? Is it just being left to rot in the salty sea air?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Nice to see that Sherman Hill is probably coming in the next several weeks. Looking forward to its release and then Horseshoe Curve maybe in December?

8. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Again no addition of the next UK route :(

• Like Like x 7
  9. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Sherman Hill 11.25 day

10. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Don’t be so sad, it’s probably the steam route that’s in planning.

• Like Like x 2
  11. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Not much moving up it seems.

12. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Tonight’s stream is going to be essential viewing. The first PS5 limit fix explanation and Arosa timetable fix explanation and no doubt some more bits and bobs explained.

• Like Like x 1
  13. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

Let me correct you. Rivet is not improving the timetable. They have to fix it because is broken beyond repair now. It isn't going to be an upgrade, but a very late day one patch.

Moreover, I hope they also fix the jumping train.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I stand corrected. It’s mad it’s taken them so long to address it. Rivet’s after care is almost non-existent.

• Like Like x 5
  15. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Questions for tonight's stream:

1. When will you release additional (separate) timetables with the missing layers on gen8 consoles for HMA and London Commuter. We've been waiting for more than a year now in the case of HMA.
    2. Matt once mentioned DTG is looking into a system of mounting/unmounting DLC's. If this were to be implemented, please make sure to construct the UI in such a manner that, when one mounts a certain route, the system automatically selects all other (available) DLC needed to unlock all layers on said route.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Nice to see Sherman Hill in next arrival. However, that does probably mean a Thanksgiving release date...

17. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Unless performance is dramatically improved on the PS5, I can’t see how the older consoles could ever possibly run the added layers for those routes missing them. The PS5 can’t even run the Rush Hour routes without stuttering and crashing and that has double the RAM and way more processing power than the PS4 Pro, not to mention the standard PS4. There is also a lot of stuttering on non-Rush Hour routes in the PS5 version of the game, which suggests it is badly optimised for the platform to say the least.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Funny how we keep on getting American releases on Thanksgiving. I’m completely fine with that, as that gives me a longer weekend to enjoy the route. Because heck yeah, it’s Sherman Hill!

Horseshoe Curve moving down is a smart choice. No need to release two American freight routes so close together, perhaps give it a spot after the Chemnitz route.

And the Arosalinie timetable… finally. If they fix that and the jumping loco physics, maybe I’ll actually consider getting the route.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Well, looks like Sherman Hill sped thru the roadmap pretty fast.

Yet. Still no new loco DLCs in the pipeline.

If there is one question I would like to see answered on the roadmap stream, is why the red side stripe, and not the post 2005 FRA mandated yellow striping on the SD70ACe.

20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm looking forward to hearing what's happening and what's planned. While I haven't had to delete anything yet, I never downloaded BML despite owning it (via season ticket) simply because I didn't want to add to my DLC size.

• Like Like x 2
  21. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

Finally the Arosa timetable is going to be fixed! It's good that they're finally going to do it, I had little hope.
    I would like Rivet to fix the broken sounds on that route as well, for example:
    -Wipers volume absurdly high.
    -The horn is heard at the same volume a metre or a kilometre away from the train.
    -Same volume with the windows open or closed.
    -The absence of ambient sounds.
    -The sound of the locomotive is not heard, only the sound of the carriages.
    And others that I don't even remember because I haven't played this route for months due to the large number of errors.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to finally know the remedy for the Ps5 limit, I'm glad to see that the preservation updates for my beloved RSN are near. And also the PC ones, I think it will be time to revisit this route and buy the Baby Bullet, which also looks like it will have a life in Oakville.

No word on the release of the G6, I hope it doesn't get delayed too much because I can't wait to enjoy it.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Don’t get excited until you see what they’ve done to fix it. They might well fail to do so, or even introduce new issues.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Snek

Snek Well-Known Member

Sadly still no new DTG loco add-ons in sight, even tho no new ones have been added since the very first roadmap. Looks like DTG prefers to just pump out new routes every month instead. :(

• Like Like x 2
  24. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the PS5 DLC limit information. Sadly I have played a lot less recently due to not having everything available

• Like Like x 3
  25. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

Wow. Not a single piece of UK DLC on the roadmap for the first time ever. Shame on you Dovetail being a UK developer.

• Like Like x 5
  26. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

There is more to the world than the UK

• Like Like x 27
  27. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Probably when Microsoft/Sony upgrade everyone's hardware for free to Gen 9 spec. There's no point in having separate timetables because they would have to remove the existing trains from these timetables which defeats the object.

28. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

Nothing for the UK in planning or Production, Ah well, it'll be a while till my wallet opens again lol.

• Like Like x 2
  29. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Ah, but is there? I reckon ( with no evidence whatsoever :D ) that Spirit of Steam could be hiding one.

• Like Like x 4
  30. bart2day

There is more to the world than the US or Germany but they still have DLC on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 4
  31. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Putting two and two together and getting two two, which sounds like choo choo, I arrive at the following conclusion…

no UK content + no loco DLC = first steam release is the next UK route, rammed with locos and rolling stock.

• Like Like x 4
  32. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Still no Dutch route in planning. This far worse than the omission of the next UK route. You got one two weeks ago.

• Like Like x 13
  33. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

And if DTG had been a US developer what do you think the backlash would be if they had not released any US routes? DTG go out there way for foreign routes albeit from the same countries isn't reasonable that as a UK developer there shouldn't be some indication of UK stuff?

Questions for tonight stream:

Adam said last week that he and his team have fixed/updated all but 6 routes for the preserved routes and all the information we get is 'still ongoing', isn't it about time we got some sort of timeframe for these releases?

I'm still waiting for RD support on the GWE and with DTG saying it is 'straight forward to add RD support' it makes it all frustrating. I like many other people have invested loads in TSW2 when do the older routes get their fixes for older routes?

You said in the stream that the Xbox got a texture update, and rightly so, so you can push out these 'fixes' when you want so what is the excuse this time? If you are not going to release anything for the older preserved routes please say so and I will gladly move on to something else.

• Like Like x 2
  34. bart2day

Spot on. If DTG was a US developer we'd only be getting US routes.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

[Loco Add-On] DGG-L6 02 - G6 (Rhein-Ruhr Osten) - Developed by TSG
    • [Loco Add-On] DBB-L5 01 - DB BR 420 Electric Multiple Unit (Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg) - Developed by TSG
    • [Loco Add-On] DDD-L5 01 - DB BR 232 Diesel Locomotive (Ruhr-Sieg Nord) - Developed by TSG

36. Challenger3985

Challenger3985 Well-Known Member

What he meant was US loco DLCs. There's already enough UK and German Loco add-ons (especially in the Roadmap) so far. US locos, not so much lately.

• Like Like x 1
  37. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

You had four UK releases 2, 3, 5 and 6 weeks ago. Quality of some aside UK has been the most spammed country in the last two months, so give them some breather, UK fans. The world is not going to implode with a UK DLC-missing roadmap.

• Like Like x 7
  38. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Does DTG still utter the line "if it's not on the road map it's not being worked on"? If so, that's a complete lie as Sherman Hill is in "Next Arrival"...

• Like Like x 2
  39. dhekelian

In your opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  40. antwerpcentral

Why the bellybutton staring? The game is called Train Sim World. It's not called Train Sim UK. DTG is located on planet Earth so we don't need more UK routes, we need more routes that justify the word "world" in their brand name.

• Like Like x 3
  41. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

Seems like a pretty good update,

Pros:
    1. PS5 DLC Fix hopefully coming soon (even if it is only part one)!
    2. Arosa finally getting much needed attention
    3. New route coming out soon!
    Cons:
    1. Seems to still be taking ages to get preservation updates out.
    2. Less focus on Rush Hour fixes, particually BML crashes / poor frame rates.
    3. No talk of the many 4.26 issues with broken scenario's and timetables runs due to red signals in older routes.

• Like Like x 1
  42. dhekelian

Belly button what? hahahha. No-one is suggesting there shouldn't be more routes from different countries it just would of been nice to hear something in the planning stage. Again if DTG had been a US or Germany company I doubt the UK would get a look in. Look at transport fever the title does not come into it.

Saying that all I want is the GWE to be updated with RD support and if we got that you can have North Korea routes for all I care.

• Like Like x 1
  43. ScottN

ScottN Active Member

When will we get the preservation update for Peninsula Corridor?

• Like Like x 2
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

The top bulk of text above the list of roadmap specifics...
    "The upgrade to Unreal Engine 4.26 has not been without its difficulties. We are continuing to resolve problems that have come up not least of all with regard to overall performance. ... Meanwhile, we are continuing to work on improving frame rate and performance."

It seems they're lumping it all in that morass

• Like Like x 1
  45. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Jesus, some of you need to take a step back and realize another 2 weeks without the knowledge of something being worked on is not the end of the world......

• Like Like x 11
  46. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in that, but hopefully the long wait means it gets tested properly and it actually worths the wait.

47. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

Disappointed to see there's still no news of a new UK route. I assume the next one is Spirit of Steam, which means it'll probably be a very long time until there's a modern British route I'll actually be excited for as I have little interest in driving steam.

I find it very hard to get excited for roadmaps when there are no add ons that interest me. I'll probably tune in to the stream though just to see what to expect from these PS5 fixes.

• Like Like x 3
  48. yambam#1598

yambam#1598 Member

Isn't the issues with other countries routes and loco licensed related or research related? To get a Dutch route you'll need an abellio licenses?

I would like to see another french route!

Also we don't know what's deep in production or in the planning as Sam said on average a route takes 9 months to complete

49. wxtr7

wxtr7 Well-Known Member

Also curious about the Penn Corridor update release. Will it release like previous preserved crew updates or is it getting wrapped into how the preserved crew is refocusing how they work?

Also, why are you planning a big US route release on a major US holiday for the second year in a row? (Going by it being in next arrival, not coming this week, and next roadmap is the 30th, leaving only Thanksgiving week).

50. antwerpcentral

Sure a UK route would be nice but claiming a German or US company would not put UK routes in is BS. There probably would be less, but there probably would have been more international routes.