PC West Cornwall Local: Penzance - St. Austell & St Ives - The Definitive Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by chieflongshin, Oct 15, 2021.

1. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

Moving brake/throttle or using AWS button won't cancel the alarm if it's already sounding, only the pedal will do that. It resets the timer if it isn't already sounding though.

2. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

Yes, and if you're braking for 60 seconds for some reason, it'll still go off.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

if(control-change-timer<>60){alarm=yes;}
    where control-change-timer doesn't check that all brakes are off

4. ghawk2005

ghawk2005 Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant moving the brake lever should reset the 60 second cycle so the alarm shouldn’t even sound to begin with

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. martschuffing

martschuffing Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Rivet actually took on board anything posted in this or other threads, they are only a small team, however, saying that Maik is a one or two-man band and he/they can smash a model technically compared to Rivet apparently.

• Like Like x 1
  6. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Well i dont want to point with the finger in rivets direction because they were not capable of creating a pro addon out of the class 150. Im sure they are good software programmers, and its just impossible to have in deepth knowlegde about trains to the same time.

I just recommend rivet to work with somebody knows the train or has actually driven the real version of it of what they develope, so they get feedback before the product is released.

Just trains has advanced addons selling them for 50 euro. Railjet for example. Im not expecting everything for free. Rivet could sell a class 150 Pro dlc, which includes advanced features, so people who like just to drive for fun have the version as it is now, and those who like the sim aspect get advanced features for additional 10 euros.

I like many things rivet does, like the superb visual design of trains. Also the wcl route i actually enjoy. So i really hope they can create something nice out of the community feedback.

The uk classic stock like the tvl 37, cl 20 , cl08 is heavy detailed, just dont get the point why rivet is happy with the state of the 150. Almost like a step back.

Im sure for people who like advanced features on trains, the product of tsg will be interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

What's tsg please? Is this a train sim world developer or train simulator?

8. Clumsy Pacer

Train-Sim Germany, making the G6, 420 and [something else] for TSW.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. martschuffing

That'll be a BR232 Ludmilla too. I expect a lot from Maik, but if his TS offerings are anything to go by then we are in for a treat.

10. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

On a positive note, whilst the unit accelerates too fast, the same can’t be said of its deceleration, as my SPAD at St Erth today proves!

11. warriorofrovac

warriorofrovac New Member

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but in the timetable mode is it possible to swap out the 101 with the 150 on Northern TransPennine/Tees Valley? I don't care much for the 101 so I don't play those routes often, but I probably would if I could use the 150 instead.

12. chieflongshin

I’d expect very little, they’re only just sorting a 1 year old dlc now in Arosa

13. Clumsy Pacer

That'd be a Dovetail job.

It'd be very unlikely. The 150 is too new for Northern TransPennine, and wouldn't be area appropriate for Tees Valley (I don't thin they've ever ran up here - they're completely banned on a lot of lines in the area, so there'd be little point operating them here when there are trains like the pacer or 156 which can go everywhere).

14. ghawk2005

Why are the 150’s banned?

15. Clumsy Pacer

OK, I've looked it up again, and saying they're banned on a lot of lines is a bit much, however they are effectively banned from most routes up here because of how the service runs.

It seems it's to do with clearance and the Tyne and Wear Metro, which would mean they can't be used on the Durham Coast Line, most Tyne Valley Line services (trains from the Durham Coast Line run straight onto the Tyne Valley Line in most cases) and most Esk Valley Line services (which were recently extended to Hexham). So theyd only be usable on the Tees Valley Line and the ECML locals in Northumberland - it'd be pointless allocating 150s to Geaton becuase 142s, 156s and 158s are all cleared for all routes from Heaton.

Why the restriction specifically affects the 150 and not, say, the 142s which are of similar car length - don't know. Network Rail's track assessment 150, the Class 950, is restricted to 40mph between Monkwearmouth (presumably the old station, and not the new one at St Peter's) and East Boldon. Below is the only mention of it in the sectional appendix, the clearance idea has come from other people:
    upload_2021-11-30_23-9-54.png

Bluntly, to run 150s on most services round here, you'd have to downgrade the service (from a connections perspective anyway) and then you could use it in most places. It's simply not worth it when other types can do the job well enough.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  16. rat7_mobile

rat7_mobile Well-Known Member

Because the sound is wrong

• Like Like x 2
  17. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

I don't have the route, but I've just seen this image on Rivet's facebook page. And I think those snow piles at the end of the platforms are a really great touch!
    [​IMG]

We bash Rivet a lot because their add-ons always have many quality issues, but they have a good eye for small details like this, we've got to give them that. Like these snow piles, or the snowmen and chirstmas threes in the new Arose Line update.

Even Matt himself had admitted that they've never used the snowpile feature yet on any route, even though it's implemented in the game. And yeah, other than the basic snow overlay, I've never seen anything special on their routes with winter setting either. It's a shame, because there are many hidden potantials in these, like clearly shown here by Rivet.

Again, I don't have this route, as I'm not really interested in british stuff, but small touches like these are really nice!

• Like Like x 1
  18. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

I have the route

19. chieflongshin

I don't want to be a dream killer but they are concrete blocks I believe which are painted white. I have the route and they are still there in the summer.

20. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

There may well be blocks, but I don't think they're that shape when "not snowed"

I have had drives where those snow shapes are there with no other snow in sight...

21. Dinosbacsi

That's a bit lame, but I suppose a limitation of the game. If the snow setting is on, then these special snow models can appear, even if the temperature or lack of snowfall doesn't generate snow on the landscape.

• Like Like x 1
  22. chieflongshin

I might be wrong but I’m not convinced their snow piles. I don’t know why but I had it (and could well be wrong) these are just lumps of concrete painted white to mark end of a stations platform

23. Dinosbacsi

So they look like this even in non-snowy weather?

24. chieflongshin

I’m not entirely sure. I’m sure I’ve seen something like this before BUT Ive been looking, can’t see any similar pics so I’m questioning myself now

25. Dinosbacsi

Could someone who has the route screenshot this location is summer weather, please? lol

26. chieflongshin

I apologise, it's definitely a snow drift.

Screenshot (52).png Screenshot (53).png

• Like Like x 3
  27. Dinosbacsi

Nice! Small details like this make the winter weather shine in the game, while otherwise it would be just white layered over everything. But unique assets and textures make a beautiful winter in the game that is worth driving in.

• Like Like x 1
  28. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

A small nit-pick, but it would be nice to retain some snow on the platform after its been snowing, instead of it being totally clear.

• Like Like x 1
  29. Dinosbacsi

Yeah, that would also help a lot. Fortunatelly many routes do that quite well, though not this one.

30. chieflongshin

Which is odd as Matt picked up they are using a snow function DTG aren't on the last Arosa stream which was linked to drifts I believe.

31. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

Played the Slow Ride scenario today and encountered this same issue at St Erth in the up direction. Colour-light distant was off (although I got an AWS horn instead of bell!), first two stop signals were off but the third (the platform starter) was on (as expected). So that's a wrong-side failure with that distant. For me, as a professional railwayman, that's immersion breaking.

• Like Like x 2
  32. ghawk2005

Cannot believe the 150 physics and errors have still not been fixed. What’s wrong with them?

• Like Like x 2
  33. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I doubt they’ll ever be fixed. I’m certainly not expecting a fix.

• Like Like x 2
  34. martschuffing

Don't expect a sale then.

• Like Like x 2
  35. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

We need the gaurds pannel to work. The fact that that doesn't work just makes the train a disappointment for me

• Like Like x 1
  36. chieflongshin

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  37. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

• Like Like x 3
  38. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I mean... it's the exact same reaction to the BR204 which is in a very similar state.

• Like Like x 3
  39. chieflongshin

Well I hope whatever the new dlc is people reference the current “off the rails” lack of fixes they make. It’s loathsome to be honest.
    • Iow, did it ever get fixed?
    • Arosa, it got tweaked to help sell a dlc
    • WCL…..Consistency is king
    • Lurzee, I didn’t buy because of above.
    • New train….. well, whose stepping up for paid testing and hollow comments next.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  40. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Me too. Rivet’s policy is disgusting and their route design is more fictional thanreality which is disgraceful. I will only buy from Rivet if the price is justified, like 70% off their route prices.

Rivet seem loathe to do anything about improving their errors and just ignore the criticism. I would really love it, if Rivet took on board the criticism and improved their products starting with the West Cornwall route and the 150. But we all know that may never happen.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  41. Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2022
  42. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's better to not buy from them at all

• Like Like x 2
  43. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well now they have admitted they are doing a remake of the IOW, maybe they will turn their attention to WCL next.

• Like Like x 2
  44. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Just look at that pathetic fictional livery for the 484 they just previewed.

• Like Like x 3
  45. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It is pathetic. I really don't understand why DTG are talking this up and giving it airtime in tonight's stream.

• Like Like x 1
  46. Look on the bright side. The 484 can be modded to look like the d stock. Layered into gwe to make it look more realistic. When I get to grips with the unofficial editor we might even be able to make it run up and down the district line in the background.

• Like Like x 1
  47. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

Some improvements to the physics of the 150 announced on the roadmap stream tonight which was a pleasant surprise.

• Like Like x 6
  48. IsambardKingdomBrunel

IsambardKingdomBrunel Well-Known Member

Because it is DTG.............. :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  49. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hmmm i wonder what made them change their minds.....

• Like Like x 1
  50. chieflongshin

Needing to sell a new dlc

• Like Like x 2