Road Map Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 11/01/2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Natster, Jan 11, 2022.

1. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

MicrosoftTeams-image (32).jpg Welcome to the first Roadmap of 2022, all change.

Read the article here.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 25
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

Firstly, I'd like to say the changes to the roadmap are an improvement.
    Secondly, it's a shame livery designer and scenario planner 2.0 have been suspended.
    Also, it's intriguing to see the code XBD-E6-01 [Expansion Pack] on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

So funny...
    Have you ever read those codes yourself? Tharandter Rampe for example is still wrong, the BR612 is not an electric train, not even diesel-electric...

The previous versions of the roadmap have become more and more boring, this is the next level now and going in the completely wrong direction, awesome (not)

• Like Like x 10
  4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

- Creators Club will be a free core upgrade to Train Sim World 2, which everyone who owns the base game will have access to.
    YAY!

• Like Like x 11
  5. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

I find the new format very confusing. 'If it ain't broke don't fix it' comes to mind. Was hoping for confirmation of the new UK route.

• Like Like x 16
  6. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

Sort of disappointed the new UK route wasn’t announced, since it appears to be coming soon.. but oh well!

• Like Like x 13
  7. schorni

schorni Well-Known Member

What happened to the BR 232 from TSG? It is no longer on the roadmap.

• Like Like x 22
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  8. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I thought this revamped roadmap was supposed to be more transparent, yet I find it's even less than before?

• Like Like x 22
  9. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

I'm glad they have made that change, and it's now not combined with the Expansion pack for the 3 base routes.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Ben132465798

Ben132465798 Well-Known Member

TSGs BR 232 is disappeared

• Like Like x 7
  11. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

awful Roadmap, Nothing new

• Like Like x 7
  12. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

"We’ll also list out projects that are still lacking final details or scope; if we know we’re making a US route set in the early 2000s we’ll add it to the Roadmap, but may well keep the identity of that route vague until it has been announced more fully."

Yes that's great, but isn't that mutually exclusive with this:

"This last point is an important one. The Roadmap will no longer be the place to find out the new routes that we’re developing. Instead each new add-on will be announced independently so that it doesn’t simply get buried among everything else we’re working on."

Where else will we hear about a future 2000s US route before it goes the roamap? I'm guessing not in a Dovetail live article, and neither on stream since those are not supposed to be required. So what did I miss? And in fact if that's true why isn't the UK route Matt mentioned in the Q&A not there yet?

Also what about TSG's BR232?

EDIT:
    Another thing, am the only one who finds this new setup a bit too "scattered"? I would much rather have this:

Preservation Crew
    • East Coastway upgrade
    • Great Western Express upgrade
    • Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr upgrade
      etc...
    DTG Releases
    • [DBB-R7 08] Tharandter Rampe: Dresden - Chemnitz with DB BR 612 and DB BR 143
    • ACS-64 Amtrak 50th Anniversary Livery
    • [XBD-E6 01] Expansion Pack
    • [NCC-R7 02] Harlem Line: Grand Central Terminal - White Plains with M3A and M7A
    • [GAA-R5 01] Spirit of Steam
    etc...

It was much easier to quickly scan the roadmap and notice movements and new additions (also thanks to the symbols), now it's pretty unconvienent having to scroll and at some points have 1/4 of the screen covered by an image.

EDIT 2:
    Since when was a new release buried behind anything? Look at how many people are already mentioning the BR232 disappearing, I'm guessing people pay a lot of attention to the roadmap.

• Like Like x 17
  13. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

This new format isn’t very good . It doesn’t feel organised . Also it would be better if we found out about routes if they were on the roadmap for a while , not a few weeks in advance

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Interesting note regarding how Spirit of Steam is listed on the roadmap
    • [GAA-R5 01] Spirit of Steam
    If you go look at the codes for each release, the G stands for Great Britain, the two A's are for steam, R is a route and the 5 is for the timeframe. between 1950 & 1990. This pretty much confirms that the first steam release will be a UK route (I did get a feeling it would be) it's now just finding out what that route is.

Also, TSG's BR 232 for Ruhr-Sieg Nord is nowhere to be seen on this roadmap. Is there any update as to whether that's intentional, or whether it should be there and it's been left out by mistake?

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

It's a disgrace that DTG being a UK company haven't been working on (according to the roadmap) anything UK based since the release of the 313 in October. They seem to now be focusing exclusively on US and German content. Have they completely abandoned the UK scene?

• Like Like x 6
  16. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Question for the stream: at what point do you plan on announcing the different upcoming routes? 2 weeks before launch? When it goes into testing? What will be the trigger for announcing a route?

• Like Like x 9
  17. Choo choo

Choo choo Well-Known Member

Quit crying, it's not like the UK is the only country in the world with good stuff to offer.

• Like Like x 29
  18. bart2day

I agree, especially considering Matt said in the last roadmap stream that Scenario Planner 2.0 lacks functionality and is a high priority for him.

• Like Like x 3
  19. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 3
  20. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I assume Sam‘s wish has been granted to remove the 232 until it‘s closer to release. Still, would be good to have Maik Goltz confirm if anything‘s changed.

• Like Like x 5
  21. Subway

Subway New Member

Sucks that you guys chose to change this and not announce the new UK route

• Like Like x 3
  22. bart2day

Are Germany and the US the only two countries with good content to offer then? Every other country can get stuffed?

• Like Like x 6
  23. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I thought that was the point of the new roadmap as well, but now they've even removed the Ludmilla. Very confusing and definitely not a step in the right direction.

• Like Like x 2
  24. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Perhaps the post DTG reference to explain the codes should be updated since I don't believe XBD-E6-01 can be adequately explained using that post.

• Like Like x 3
  25. ethanafro#1375

ethanafro#1375 Active Member

I can't be the only one to notice that we have been waiting since OCTOBER 2021 for anything to do with the UK. Why is the UK getting no mention yet there have been several US & German releases since October?

• Like Like x 3
  26. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

So what's happening now to Scenario planner 2.0 and Livery Designer 2.0?
    Bearing in mind livery designer on the PS5 is STILL broken

"This last point is an important one. The Roadmap will no longer be the place to find out the new routes that we’re developing. Instead each new add-on will be announced independently so that it doesn’t simply get buried among everything else we’re working on."

Announced where?
    Births, Deaths and Marriges column in the Times?
    Little board and Easel stand out side of Buckingham Palace?
    Town Cryer?

A bit more clarity
    Hentis

Edit all was explained in the road map but it could have been stated earlier in a follow up post on the forum.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 16
  27. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

Read my post above.

28. kenobi#1878

kenobi#1878 Well-Known Member

I don’t like this new format. As others have said ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’

• Like Like x 5
  29. bart2day

100% this. You're not the only one.

• Like Like x 4
  30. ethanafro#1375

I save up money for TSW2 routes, the original format was great. even though i knew the routes wouldn't release for over a month, it gave me the chance to start saving up for the route

• Like Like x 4
  31. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

I'm thinking because it says expansion pack, it is referencing the expansion pack with 3 liveries and some scenarios for the 3 core routes as mentioned previously.

32. ethanafro#1375

bit ridiculous isn't it. so many US & German releases since October yet nothing for the UK. Screams reliability doesn't it

• Like Like x 3
  33. james64

james64 Well-Known Member

This whole new format feels a lot more scattered than the previous one. The previous format had flaws, but you at least knew where you were with it and it was pretty easy to skim through.

There aren't even vague timeframes with this one, hope they go back to the old format.

I'm disappointed there's nothing new on there, doubly so seeing as there's still no news on the next UK route, which I think we should be due by now. Especially as it's apparently already been announced unofficially. It's not my main issue with the roadmap though.

• Like Like x 8
  34. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Matt has stated that they are working on a new UK route which might even be out before the next USA one. And even if we didn't know that I would be very surprised if they were not working on some UK content. It looks like Spirit of Steam will be UK based so that is probably two things.

However, I don't think this new roadmap is an improvement. Personally, one of the first things I always looked for on a new roadmap was what new content was on the horizon, even a distant horizon. Even the vaguest of hints wouldn't go amiss.

• Like Like x 11
  35. ethanafro#1375

I loved the original version of the roadmap. Gave you a chance to look and see how routes were progressing. Like you'd see a route 'In Planning' the next roadmap 'In Production' ect. This new one basically throws us in the dark

• Like Like x 5
  36. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

If you check the 4th cloud from the right at approximately 40 degrees southwest of the Sun and then count the bird chirps you will find the code for the route which doesnt even line up with our own guide on reading the codes.

• Like Like x 4
  37. Scorpion71

Scorpion71 Well-Known Member

Quite a let down to be honest and not happy about the suspension of the Livery and Scenario 2.0, hopefully it is just a suspension and a short one at that!

• Like Like x 6
  38. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Ill watch the stream today, i have the feeling dtg has a little surprise. Also from rivet there is nothing.

But maybe im wrong :)

Dont worry about the br232, maiks ambitionous projects dont disappear randomly.

• Like Like x 3
  39. speedy2972

speedy2972 Active Member

Should the roadmap be renamed to the fortnightly essay? We don't want paragraphs of bla bla bla, show us what's coming, with a BRIEF paragraph with headline updates that's fairly self explanatory, not that twoddle on there.
    And that's before we get on to expected dates, missing items from previous roadmaps etc.

• Like Like x 4
  40. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

You mean other than making the first steam route for the game, which clearly will be british? Have some patience, my man. This "DTG is a british company so it must constanly produce british contant to satisfy me" approach is really annoying.

Regarding the roadmap change, I'm neither satisfied or dissatisfied with it, I just feel like there are not enough things on it. I personally really liked the old way, way back when even bugfixes were on the list, as I was always looking forward to bugfixes and things like that. Though I understand that a roadmap is not an OPL, so it makes sense to not list bugs on it.

• Like Like x 14
  41. ethanafro#1375

So if they are working a new UK route, where the hell is it?

Been waiting since October for a new UK route.

If steam was to be a UK route, i'd hope we get one steam route and one regular route cause quite frankly i don't want steam. I know some people are interested in it but i personally am not

• Like Like x 9
  42. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Same here . This is my main problem with the new format

• Like Like x 2
  43. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Does this mean that routes will be announced like before the roadmap? like 2 weeks before release? And the announcement Of loco DLCs?

• Like Like x 1
  44. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Was just about to post the same. Frankly I would rather Maik worked on that than the 420.

Very disappointing news about Scenario Planner 2.0. I think this requires a bit more of an explanation as to why? Are the improvements cutting too close to having to distribute the UE4 tools along with the bespoke editor? Has it gone back to the drawing board to give us something better. All most of us want is a consist editor and a bit more freedom as to placing/spawning trains, maybe the ability to set up a mini timetable.

With all the anticipation brewing over the new UK route and Spirit Of Steam, we need something a bit more tangible to whet our appetites.

• Like Like x 6
  45. ethanafro#1375

highly likely

46. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

The timeframe is a bit vague, it starts from pre-modernisation plan where steam reigned supreme in the UK and there was little thought of modernisation through the end of steam, and the burgeoning years of preservation. I imagine it will be a pre-preservation period route.

A lot happened on the railways between 1950 and 1990 I think the era/timeframe details need fine tuning.

• Like Like x 5
  47. clemenstrain Nr. 9036

clemenstrain Nr. 9036 Member

In 2021 there were 4 UK routes and 3 Locos. For Germany there were 2 routes and 3 locos. There were the most add-ons for the UK in 2021 and they are still complaining. We in Germany also want routes

• Like Like x 15
  48. isaac47593

isaac47593 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of this new format. For me personally at least, the entire purpose of the roadmap was to let us know what new developments were happening in regards to the game and how things are progressing. Now it’ll just be a list of things we’ll already know in a jumbled order, since routes are going to be announced outside of the roadmap. Not really much point to the roadmap anymore in my opinion :(

• Like Like x 6
  49. BR125

BR125 Well-Known Member

Id rather just have a "upcoming routes" "upcoming locos" "upcoming fixes" section - people want to read about new things, they dont care for paragraphs of excuses and/or filler

• Like Like x 17
  50. ethanafro#1375

I will be honest, we have been waiting 4 MONTHS for a new UK route to be announced. I don't know which country you are from but i'm pretty sure you would get annoyed after 4 months with no new route announced for your country

• Like Like x 5