Dovetail We Have A Problem

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by doomedcookie, Jan 13, 2022.

1. doomedcookie

doomedcookie Active Member

We have a problem and it's Dresden. The Out Of Memory is back.
    Looks like Dresden is the problem and not the game. Sam said 2/3rd of TSW gamers are on Console. Some of us can't go out and just buy a PC one it's almost £3grand for a decent gaming PC.
    So according to Roadmap the Memory use is On going. How close is there to a fix or even a patch. Can't keep spending 25quid on a route and see the Out Of Memory.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tuxcatazuma

tuxcatazuma Active Member

Would be great to hear some real action taken on this now. Both Dresden routes and BML are suffering from this. The new Dresden route is beautiful, I just wish I could enjoy it without all the crashing.

3. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

What xbox are you on I haven't had a crash but the Dresden area does run at 50fps.

I'm on series x

4. tuxcatazuma

Series S, although I did get the same crash running the br 101 on DRA using Xbox Cloud, which I believe are running Series X's in the backend now?

5. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

The game fell on PS5. The frame rate falls near the city of Dresden. The problem will definitely not be in RAM. I believe that this DLC is badly tuned on the console, because 9th generation consoles also have a problem with the game.

6. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Sounds like testing on consoles was once again very exhaustive. Glad I haven’t bought the route. I was going to go against my better judgement and buy on day one, thankfully I decided not too.

This is completely unacceptable now. DTG needs to get a grip. All of the reassuring words we are getting mean absolutely nothing. They’re just a waste of breath.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

It seems that DTG have lost sight of building efficiently. For example, Matt explained recently in a stream that the people building the new cars for Sherman Hill built them in an inefficient manner, which causes them use 10 times more ram than they should. Wouldn‘t surprise me if such bad practices have started creeping in all over the place.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

Now I have to ask myself, how powerful a computer do I need TSW2 to work properly? The 9th generation of consoles is very powerful and still has problems. It's a bug in the software itself.

9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

If you have experienced a game crash please can you contact player support so it can be properly investigated. If you can provide them with as much detail as possible about what you were playing, what device you are playing on, and any screenshots or videos would be extremely helpful.

https://dovetailgames.freshdesk.com/support/home

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. tuxcatazuma

Thank you. I have logged a ticket (#44932) with as much detail as possible, but happy to supply more if required.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

I wonder again if that cooling tower / chimney scenery asset is doing anything to worsen things; On both routes featuring Dresden, I'm getting many crashes in the area of it, whilst its smoke particle effects just tank the frame rate. (Xbox 1S, All DLC)

12. tuxcatazuma

With regret, I've decided to request a refund from Microsoft and with even more regret, I have decided to wait for further patches that resolve all these out of resources errors before buying any more content for TSW2.

• Like Like x 3
  13. doomedcookie

Series S

14. doomedcookie

I went pass there and there is a frame drop to a point of where "oh no"

• Like Like x 1
  15. doomedcookie

All other routes are fine it's just London Commuter and the Dresden Routes. PS Gamers have got it worse at the moment. Shame Matt can't give us a date of a fix but this fix is going to big for both PS and Xbox.

• Like Like x 1
  16. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

Played London Commuter for the first time yesterday. Got the Out of Memory Error just as the route completed and I was in the Start Screen to exit the scenario. Series S. Sigh.

17. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

18. Lightspeed

Lightspeed Well-Known Member

I was doing a IC service the DB NR 101 and the Out of Memory Error message popped up just as I was near Dresden Mitte. I switched to HD resolution when I stopped at Neustadt station as well and still crashed! I’m having no problems on Dresden - Chemnitz. Mostly. Although I did have a couple of crashes on journey mode, when I get to a random station and then black screen and then I was back to the Xbox dashboard.

London Commuter performs alright with just the 377 and 387 layers but, frame rate becomes sluggish at London Victoria with the extra layers activated. Out of Memory messages appear if you have all layers running and near London Victoria station. Series S

• Like Like x 1
  19. nockwurst

nockwurst Well-Known Member

It’s annoying. I threw extra money at our new TV to get one of the best gaming TVs on the market, and the solution to bugs like this (which should have been addressed and fixed), is to be advised to deliberately reduce the quality from 4K to HD. Brutal.

20. tuxcatazuma

I keep seeing this advice to reduce from 4K to HD and I'm pleased it is working for some, but it does not prevent any of the crashes on my Series S on either London/Brigton or Reisa/Dresden :(

• Like Like x 1
  21. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

Restart the game between each drive and tell me if that fixes it - I particularly want to know anywhere it doesn't. We are looking into potential memory leaks that means a second run on busy routes like london brighton and dresden riesa can cause an OOM (I see them on my Series S) - however by restarting the game each time i haven't had a problem so far.

No, I am not saying that is an acceptable "solution", but knowing its a memory leak vs a flat out error helps focus the dev teams in the right place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  22. doomedcookie

Sorry Matt you lost me at memory leaks.
    What is it and why is it happening. Epsically on the Xbox Series X and S

23. LeXXuz

LeXXuz Member

I only encounter the out of memory message sometimes and always when using an exterior camera. With the cockpit camera I never came across this problem. Playing on a Series S.