Too Much Dlc?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by johnmsaylor, Feb 13, 2022.

1. johnmsaylor

johnmsaylor New Member

I see a lot of comments/complaints about routes crashing and service problems and all kinds of other problems and I am just wondering if having too much content affects any of that? I only have 7 routes and no dlc locos and haven't really had too many issues aside from a crash or 2 on Peninsula Corridor and the CN Oakville tutorial bug. I see people talking about having all the dlc they can so it's made me curious if it makes a difference.

I don't know too much about how ram and all that works so please excuse my ignorance if that's not something that could be an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  2. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's been said a few times on livestreams that the company makes money only from creating and selling DLC's, if they don't make them, They don't make any money and so any patches/upgrades etc would cease.

3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I would imagine that certain DLC may cause certain issues, but "having all of them" only causes issues on machines where there's a limit to such things (PS5 has a built in limit imposed by Sony that says only 64Gb of DLC are allowed to be loaded at any one time)
    Other than that, there shouldn't be much "crossover interference" by having lots of DLC in your collection, indeed DTG are working on a way to dynamically load and unload DLC as they're required, so in future only the ones you're using right now will be in memory

• Like Like x 1
  4. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Been asking me the same question. Dresden - Riesa was the first route I played except from the basegame and it ran very smoothly. People complained a lot about it but for me it went very smoothly. When I returned to Dresden Riesa after buying and playing a lot of German routes. The route didn't run as smoothly as it did before. Dresden Riesa gathers a lot of content of other routes so you might be correct. I hope this new system where you can choose what content will be loaded on to the route comes soon. I think that might improve things

5. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

no, no es cierto, tengo una playstation del 2016 y no me va peor con 48 DLC que con 9 o 10.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1