Simulator Games On Ps4!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by matthewbguilford, Feb 26, 2020.

1. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

There's nout much call for complex medical procedures when you're in the midst of pollicital intrique. ;)

Jokes aside, you have me interested in those two. I don't suppose there is any chance that they have had a physical release?

2. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Not that I am aware... but if you didn't get these games in the last sale, then I would wait for them to appear again (and bundled in a sale) - they are just for a tiny bit of fun......
    ---------------------------

But.............. Dreams is something that I have started to look into .... and wow..... it is amazing...... what follows is the most serious game developer simulator that I have seen for a while, and here is an example with a Toy Train Set under development (which I am sure will be freely shared, when it is released.......):

The above video (starting at 3:30) shows a rail network implemented with:

- a working Editor for you to play with;
    - an easy way to apply logic (motion, control, physics, collisions, lighting, textures, etc.) to the project artefacts;
    - weighted wagons/carriages with decent physics;
    - wheel-slip..... ;-)
    - working cranes, lift-bridges, loop-the-loop, etc.....

The above video is compelling viewing (in my opinion)... and my copy of Dreams for PS4 (at £26) will be ordered today.... and it should arrive just in time for the VR version of the Editor to be released as a free update...... And..... the Dreams editor is (currently) only avalable on PS4, because presumably most PCs can't cope with complex content creation/sharing like this..... ;-)

There are already thousands of games (some of extremely high quality), including more train-related games.... racing games, science fiction (stuff on Blade Runner and Alien), versions of Portal and Fallout 4..... Even the free demo of Dreams gives you access to about a dozen games... including some very complete games......

Dreams just shows what you can do on PS4...... with a properly designed Editor.........

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  3. TheCadManFan

Microsoft Flight Simulator Pre-Order Launch Trailer

• Like Like x 2
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

Microsoft Flight Simulator預購
    [QUOTE =“ TheCadManFan,文章:152783,成員:8330”] Microsoft Flight Simulator預訂啟動預告片
    [MEDIA = youtube] TYqJALPVn0Y [/ MEDIA]
    [/ QUOTE]
    why tsw2 not Pre-Order

5. TheCadManFan

Looks like Flight Simulator isn't coming to XBox just yet.

6. Tay95

Tay95 Well-Known Member

Flight Simulator 2020 looks unreal. Shame its not on PS4 but hey ho. Do I make the switch to XBOX?!

7. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

I was thinking about Remodelling Underground trains in a custom railway on dreams

Bus Simulator is great. They added some bus packs recently
    Gran Turismo Sport is really good aswell
    But Dreams has potential. If I’m not wrong I think that toy train set level is already out.
    And Dreams is on a Sale till the 17th....

Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
  8. UnlimitedMagic

UnlimitedMagic Well-Known Member

Just got bus sim PS4
    Seems to be working fine but the steering wheel on the Setra 416 LE isn't centered

9. Alex_m30x#7297

Alex_m30x#7297 Well-Known Member

Firstly please do not use that term, it is deemed offensive and unkind, Secondly as per the rule please do not 'thread bump', this thread hadn't been posted in since August 2020, so I had 'died', therefore there is no reason to repost in it. In future please make a new thread, and use kinder, more inclusive language.
    Have a good Easter.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  10. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

[removed by Protagonist]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2022
  11. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

12. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

There's no need to lock this thread as the bump was a continuation of a timeless topic. Keep it on topic and there's no problem.

• Like Like x 3
  13. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

PS4 has access to Densha De Go Japanese Arcade train Simulator. It has a dedicated controller

here's a 2nd video of it

14. highland beastie

highland beastie Well-Known Member

Tourist bus simulator has recently been announced to be coming to console, I hope they bring fernbus and the bus to console eventually.

15. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

I do look forward to this one, seems like it’s being pushed to next gen only, so I’m hopeful it will be better than previous similar sims on console.

Also, Road Maintenance simulator has recently released, looks a little too boring for my taste, but I think it will scratch a niche market.

16. TheCadManFan

I have Road Maintenance Simulator, haven't tried it yet though. I'm a sucker for these sim games, so I had to grab myself a copy. There has also been a Taxi Driving Simulator, which looks very poorly done, going by what I have seen. Tourist Bus Simulator is current gen only, isn't it?

17. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen Tourist bus simulator on the PS5 store only and I’ve checked the PS4 one and I didn’t found it. The same while looking on Amazon and other retailers but what’s weird is that it won’t be for Series X. The release date is May 12

18. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah looking at Aerosoft’s upcoming titles, they seem to be moving away from last gen.

Not sure about Xbox though.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Weird to be an exclusivity for the PS5 in console. My thought on why it’ll be for the current gen and not last one is for stability and they want to exploit the console market, I know the PS5 is quite difficult to get but they want to focus on it as their main customers are on PC and I don’t think they have the ressources and time to work on both PS4 and PS5. I heard on a video by then that they want to bring more games to console such as “The Bus” and even “Tram Simulator” someday

20. sdc

sdc Member

Tourist Bus Simulator is coming out on Xbox Series X/S on the 12 May 2022 there are early access gameplay on YouTube. Please note these are not my videos I found these by searching for "tourist bus simulator xbox series x" on YouTube.

Here are the links:

Tourist Bus Simulator - Xbox Series X gameplay:

Tourist Bus Simulator - Xbox Series S gameplay:

On Xbox Series X and Series S it is only coming out digitally.
    What is shown on the videos is early access and bugs maybe present. There is a day one patch due for release.

Last edited: May 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  21. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I think I'll get Tourist Bus Sim once feedback comes in. Bus Simulator 21 really needs some competition. I am hoping that The Bus will come to console eventually as well

• Like Like x 1
  22. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Tourist bus is out, it’s great for the moment I just tested the game for 15 minutes and didn’t encountered any bugs and glitches, I hope they will add wheel support soon

23. highland beastie

Slightly disappointing it doesn't have wheel support, I don't think I'll be buying it untill they add it.

24. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yep for the moment but they said on their FB page that they’re working on adding wheel support but not every model ( mostly the common one such as the G29 or the T300 etc )

25. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

It’s in the game, just needs enabling and I think they hope that the patch containing that fix goes out today

• Like Like x 1
  26. highland beastie

Ah, good to now how they add it soon.

27. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

So the opinion on Tourist Bus is positive then? It's in my wishlist already together with Bus Sim, they both seem a bit too arcade-y to me to buy at full price.

28. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah Tourist Bus seems like the island version of Bus Sim.

If you’re looking for realism you won’t find it with these titles.

• Like Like x 1
  29. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Worth noting also, as this thread is simulation games on the PS4, Tourist Bus Sim only works on next gen consoles

30. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I know, but at half price I think I could still get some enjoyment out of them.

Just a question, I saw some videos of tourist bus simulator and the map seems pretty small, with just an airport and a city? Is that actually it or did the guy in the video just do a small trip? Same for bus sim 2021

31. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Bus Sim 21 comes with 2 maps, and they’re quite well sized, if you select the ‘ping pong’ option when you create a route, this makes it so that you drive to your destination & then back again, which means you can easily have routes that last 30-60 minutes.

There is also a decent amount of busses to play with too, so the content you get is pretty decent for the price.

My biggest issue with Bus Sim really are that it uses a lot of generic sounds, and these are usually cut and pasted over busses, also, there are no premade routes or AI busses until you create them yourself, which is the way the game imposes the ‘management’ aspect into the game.

Overall if you like busses then yeah, go for it, there’s no real issue with the game outside of it being very gamey, but it does what it says on the tin, you can drive licensed busses, something you can’t get elsewhere on console.

As for tourist bus sim, after a lot of investigation and YT, I’ve not bought it, I’m always weary of Aerosoft titles, they do offer you stuff that nobody else does, but it’s usually a poor experience. Tourist bus also has the management aspect to it, basically making it Bus Sim, but with coaches, on a smaller map and with worse graphics. A shame considering it’s next gen exclusivity.

I may pick it up if it ends up on sale at a decent price, I did the same with Bus Driver Simulator.

Overall the only bus sim game I’ve found myself coming back to on console is the Bus Simulator franchise, it’s just the fullest title you can get, whereas Aerosoft’s titles are more mini projects that are quickly abandoned after a few Bus DLC’s.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  32. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Hah. I had no idea this was a thing, it could be interesting if it's in-depth where you have to take into account demand and population density, kind of like building transit lines in Cities: Skyline or even Transport Fever. But for some reason I think it's not that kind of experience.

[OT: I would love a game focused on building transit in cities, Tranport Fever is a bit too broad in scope for my liking (although it's an excellent game), and Cities:Skyline is a bit too simplistic (obviously it's a game about cities not transit - still an excellent title).]

But it's great to know that bus sim 2021 has a lot content, it seems better than what I expected.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  33. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah I’d like a Transport Fever style game too, although the issue with games like that and Cities: Skylines is that they tend to be far better with mods, which whilst possible on console, it’s rare we get such support.

As for the demand management on Bus Sim, there are a couple of things you need to look at, the first is route balance; stops will either have an ‘on or off’ designation which tells you weather people prefer to alight or board at said stops. Personally I don’t really like that system and would prefer that each stop just has a demand for service.

The second demand objective is how busy the route is, if a route goes through higher density areas, or services and area with no or little bus services, you will have to increase the amount of busses on that route. You can do this methodically too, you could say have a service demand of 3, you can meet this by having 3 smaller 30ft busses, or 1 double decker. You may be inclined to go with the 3 busses over 1 for the sake of seeing other busses, however eventually when you have a lot of routes, it does get ridiculous having such an insane amount of busses everywhere, and eventually you’ll end up clogging bus stops with lines of busses.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I see, it's not amazing but still better than I expected TBH. It looks like a much nicer purchase now, thanks for your feedback.

I agree with mod support but even if they remain vanilla those games can be fun, but yeah mods take it to the next level, just thinking about traffic manager and being able to use more squares in C:S for example.

35. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Yeah the idea of starting a new save on C:S often comes to me, in reality though it becomes and absolute chore as soon as you reach the actual density of a city.

I have been wanting to build a city around a rail system lately, but not sure I have the energy for the inevitable cluster it will become.

Maybe I’ll just go and watch Sam build his own cluster on TF2 instead.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1