Train Sim World 2 - Roadmap Update 7th June 2022

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by DTG Jamie, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Mitchellman151

Mitchellman151 Member

Agreed, when routes come out quickly people moan how bad they are and how many bugs come with them and yet when dtg slow down in order to produce better and less buggy routes and focus on long needed updates you see people complaining about the lack of new routes, people need to understand they cant have it both ways

• Like Like x 6
  2. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

I don't think many users would complain about a slow down to fix bugs if that is what they are doing. The lack of any information is probably nearer the mark for some. People like something to look forward to and the information coming out of DTG is so vague it is just tiresome now, imo. I'd like something interesting to come out of DTG as I'm struggling, I always used to watch their streams but the last one which was a 4UP challenge I turned off after 10 minutes as I just couldn't hold any interest and the GWE is my favourite route.

DTG seems to want to distance themselves away from the community, not taking part in popular threads or even dedicating 10 minute of questions from the community once per month. I'm starting to think if they cannot be bothered why should I?

• Like Like x 4
  3. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I don't mind a new route appearing on the RM as a "German route" or a "USA route" the first time it appears. But surely by month 2 they could expand slightly and say "a Northern German route", "a German route set in the 1980s", " US freight oriented route" or similar. Drip feed us at least then the forums can get a thread going on theories etc. Beats the usually XYZ is broken

• Like Like x 5
  4. Mich

Mich Well-Known Member

I would have to imagine that they've got at least one location and loco narrowed down at this point. I think it would be great if we could get something like "A route featuring Pennsylvania Station and a PRR GG1." That would tell plenty about the route, while not over committing to stuff they aren't sure about yet.

• Like Like x 4
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Where did you hear that? Not doubting you, I'd just be interested. My understanding is that DTG as the publisher is responsible for handling licensing, and of course DTG have the GWR license.

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've seen the "Rivet couldn't get a license for backdated GWR content" line as well, and we know DTG can't either, hence no blue GWR HSTs (officially) so it makes sense either way
    "of course DTG have the GWR license"
    Of course DTG have A GWR license, for the content that has been released, that doesn't mean they can make any content for GWR ever, only what's written in the license

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2008bmw525d

2008bmw525d Member

I would agree to have something modern for UK loco like many suggestions in the past few years - class 387 is the only one we have right now and it is more of an "upgraded" version from class 377, and class 395 is over 10 years. I would love to see a class 700 (which many of the reply suggested in this thread) or a class 800 in GWE (which is more unlikely given the route era).

8. dhekelian

dhekelian Well-Known Member

Class 800? Cracking train that, :D:D:D:D:D:D

9. TimothyArnold

TimothyArnold New Member

Yes, I agreed with you.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 1