Awesome Tsw Service Mode Runs

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by JustWentSouth, Dec 4, 2020.

1. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I really love stringing great runs together. Thanks for these recommendations!

Another fantastic timetable run on BML. Thank you so much for all the work you put into the timetable for this route. I will take this chance to remind everyone that you have also recommended 5B88 Lovers Walk to Selhurst, an ECS run with the 313.

I tried to put two runs together with the 101 on HRR, but beyond what has been already recommended, the best I could do is two runs which pass each other near Essen. Both deal with regionals running ahead and one has a platform wait. Two enjoyable runs with a great loco:
    HRR IC 2453 Duisburg - Bochum at 17:22 with the DB 101
    HRR IC 2152 Bochum - Duisburg at 17:27 with the DB 101

With that, we have another update. As always, gratitude goes out to LeadCatcher and Callum B. However, I would also like to express my gratitude to all of those who have contributed to finding and posting these runs. This represents a tremendous community effort to share more than 330 amazing TSW2 experiences.

Recommended Service Runs as of 7/14/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing
    Chaos Runs as of 7/14/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

Last edited: Jul 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 5
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

IC2543 - DBBR101 - Duisburg-Bochum HBF

This run is at night in the rain, looks quite interesting, if you time it right at the beginning you can have some parallel running with the RB33 Essen. Encounter a red stoppage to let it past again. Really enjoyed this one.

Just realised I may have post the same as above.

• Like Like x 2
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

04:43 Meissen to Dresden Hbf. Unusual service because you have a 146.2 and DB BR143. This is available on the Journey Mode Chapter 5 first one.
    You must leave Meissen around 04:45-05:15 in order to get an RE50 Cross in front of you at Radebul Ost. From that station cruise at 40-60 kmh from Dresden Pieschen to Dresden Mitte. That way you race an RE50 which is the 04:45 Riesa to Dresden Trip to Dresden Mitte from Dresden Neustadt. At Dresden Mitte you can time your departure with RE50. That service overtakes you between Dresden Mitte and Dresden Freiberger Strasse. Since you stop at Dresden Freiburger Strasse

• Like Like x 1
  4. JustWentSouth

A very interesting configuration that you get to bring into service. It starts in the 143, but you switch ends at Meissen and drive the 146 to Dresden. I couldn't get the brake key out of the 143 (Any help? I had the reverser out and the brakes in full service.) when time came to switch ends, so I restarted the service and walked to the 146 at the beginning so that I backed down into the start of the run at Meissen.

It was fun to see the route wake up and see empty platforms slowly fill with people as it got later and I got closer to Dresden. I didn't see the RE50 at Radebul Ost; not sure I timed it correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

not by any chance a handle off setting needed

6. driverwoods#1787

To time RE50 crossing in front correctly you must be 15-20 min late from Meissen or Coswig because that RE50 is due at Radebul Ost at 05:28. To get the RE50 crossing in front of you arrive at Radebul Ost at 05:25 from Coswig and Messen by running late. Normal time for 04:43 S1 Meissen to Bad Schandau/Schona via Dresden at Radebul Ost is 05:12.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

There’s a handle off position between running and minimal reduction. Unless the brake lever is in that position, you won’t be able to remove the key.

• Like Like x 3
  8. JustWentSouth

I went back to some old favorites. However, I drove these two runs today and they are both clean with no extra PZB action and no adverse signals. Is this true for other players? Did something happen to these timetables?

Many of the good DRA freight runs are hit with the instant derail bug, even if you spawn on foot and take them over.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  9. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I didn't retest the IC service, I will try to do it again in the next few days.
    For the derailments, I realised that the services and scenarios with loaded Laaers wagons derail very often :
    Tharandter Rampe :
    Nahverkehr Dresde :
    09:36
    Main-Spessart Bahn :
    Scenario "Auto Runner".
    I don't know if DTG team has taken the point. At worst, I'll open a ticket to tell them what services and scenarios are going wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  10. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

AFAIK DTG is working actively on the issue and identified the buffers of the Laaers to be the root cause of the problem

• Like Like x 4
  11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Route: Rhein-Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal - Hagen
    Mode: Service
    Engine: DB G-6 from TSG
    Activity: Hiberneal Heaven

This is a run that couldn't be completed when this engine first became available, but it has been fixed.
    You start off with a pair of DB G-6 shunters that have to be set up as Slave and Master. The next order of business is to drive a goodly distance before coupling to a long-ish, disabled freight train. Your next task involves quite a bit of moving among three engines to reverse the slave/master relationship of the G-6s and release the brakes of the failed engine.
    And this is where the challenge really takes hold as you now have to haul the failed train back to your starting point over some steep up and down grades using this engines multiple and somewhat tricky throttle/brake controls.
    Just to make the run more even more interesting, saving and restarting is practically futile while driving this engine; for me, this is the only serious drawback of an otherwise excellent product.

TSW2_TAPper_1658145473_00.jpg
    This image shows the end of the run -- note that instead of DTG's standard arrival path, TSG provides much more elegant and much less intrusive colored rails.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

The lack of rainbow guide at the last stop happens only when the next service or next instruction has a reversal. The "within" condition which shows the rainbow will consider anywhere you stop on the marker to be a success.

So if you were allowed to do that and your next instruction is to reverse, you may have stopped short, fouling the points. Some players may get confused and AI will most definitely become off path. The AI issue would happen if its the final stop and the player was allowed to stop short. Then gives up the service for the AI to take over, but the AI can no longer see a way to get from A-B on that instruction anymore.

So the stops without rainbows are always on an instruction before a reversal. This condition will not accept you stopping anywhere "within" but will wait until your train is "overlapping" the exact point on the track that the timetable dev has authored, ensuring that the train is stopped in the correct place for the next task.

• Like Like x 4
  13. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

So the rainbow guide showing where all the individual cars on a train need to be is just a suggestion as anywhere within that will do, whereas when a train needs to stop in an exact location for a reversal there is no such guide, where it would be the most useful? Seems very much like a DTG way of doing things to me!

14. Cael

Cael Well-Known Member

Most definitely not, while shunting you need to be as close as you can get within the marker. Last time I played CRR I overshot by about 100 meters with a fully loaded train and could not complete the next shunting move.
    It required me to uncouple the caboose, then run back on the other track, but since I overshot (parts of the train were still within the rainbow marker, so it counted), the whole train cleared the points and there was no way for me to go back.

15. JustWentSouth

My TSW2 Service Mode GOATS - Greatest of All Time

So hard to narrow it down to just three, but here they are by region:

US: Harlem Line 670 Southeast to GCT at 17:18 with the M7A - A safety system tutorial that culminates with multiple trains in the same block waiting for clearance. Watch out for straight reds as well on this "express" run. Such goodness!

Germany: SKA Expansion Pack Timetable IC 1941 Berlin to Köln/Stuttgart at 20:54 with the 101 - It's 101s top and tail and you start the run with plenty of time to set that up. (The procedure is posted here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/awesome-tsw2-service-mode-runs.32010/page-16#post-501716.)
    Then it's a moonlit ride to Köln with some interesting AI. You also get to enjoy navigating a great loco through PZB and LZB action with a direct transition between the two. German safety systems are so engaging! You will likely be early to Köln; to complete the run, wait until the arrival time and close the doors.

UK: BML 5B88 Lover's Walk to Selhurst at 11:34 with the 313 - An ECS run through the wonderful chaos that is the BML timetable and you get to do it in the 313. The 313 AWS alert is very distinctive and, after this run, you won't forget it!

There are many great runs I left out and I am sure others have differing opinions about which ones are the GOATS. I would love to see other lists posted.

(Edit: 670 is not an ECS run)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  16. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Ooh cool, filtering the best of the best out is a great initiative! I'll try your GOATS by the course of this week, JustWentSouth

For my best of I need some time to think since I ran ... so much ...

• Like Like x 1
  17. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

If you like the G6, I recommend the S6-Sh19 service (displacement of 4 BR185.5 MRCE, towed by 2 G6).
    Great service with very interesting signage, sneaking into S-Bahn traffic (You have to know how to wait in Gevelsberg West), etc. I did it 2 times, and I got it for 1:45-2:00 (indicative time: 1:07).
    For me, one of my favorite services in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Harlem 670 is TSW at its best IMO. Just ran it again and it's so much fun. Hope to get to the other 2 this weekend as well.

Hoping to play

• Like Like x 1
  19. driverwoods#1787

I have another Ruhr-Sieg Nord run it's the continuation of an earlier Rush Hour run DB84501 Hagen to Werdohl. That service is 14:00 DB84502 Werdohl to Kreuztal via Finnentrop.
    You must wait for 10 minutes because an RE16 13:33 Hagen to Finnentrop goes ahead of you at Werdohl. After that in Werdohl you will get clear signal then PZB with Red/Yellow lights action all the way to Finnentrop from Werdohl. I did this in Journey Mode Chapter 1. Traffic there will be comprised of Riesa-Dresden 143s.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Switches3

Switches3 Well-Known Member

Route: London Underground Bakerloo Line

Train: 1938 Stock

Service: 240-10 Queen’s Park - Elephant & Castle 13:14

Alot of train action while waiting in shed, follow another train with yellows & reds to E&C

• Like Like x 1
  21. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

All I can say is, you're absolutely wrong. None of the conditions you've described occurred.

22. JustWentSouth

Thanks for getting me back in the G6. What a great loco and I enjoyed these two runs. Nice to get a little wrong line running with S6-Sh19 service to refresh my Ne1 and Ne2 board knowledge.

I need to flesh out the G6 timetable more in RRO. It is nice how services are strung together.

I couldn't agree more. I am partial to the German content on TSW2; there are so many excellent locos and runs. However, if I had to pick just one TSW2 run as a favorite, it would be Harlem 670.

Another update, with gratitude to the usual suspects:

Recommended Service Runs as of 7/27/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14YgilvnKZFc7TJXyqftRJ0I5yTMlMf81/view?usp=sharing
    Chaos Runs as of 7/27/22:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cMKrwNA2OmZz8tVEQo1_FZnRZXpNT463/view?usp=sharing

• Like Like x 1
  23. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

Here's a couple of TVL runs that are a bit busier than the norm:

Class 37, 6M03: Held at red aspect when leaving Redcar Ore to wait for a Class 31-hauled passenger service, then follow service through Middlesbrough, with some resulting adverse signals.

Class 37, 6M07: Now you are held at South Bank waiting for a Class 101 to depart. You will follow this service all the way to Eaglescliffe, with adverse signals including SPAD potential.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I finally found one - an awesome SoS run! :D

Route: SoS Liverpool - Crewe
    Loco: LMS Jubilee
    Service: London Euston - Liverpool Lime Street at 14:59

Try this one with no HUD for full immersion.

All I’ll say is: Watch those signals and keep your spotter book ready :)

The run starts out as usual but things quickly get interesting when you reach Runcorn. There, you’ll be catching up to a stopping service and I was held at a red just before Runcorn for a few minutes. From there on out, you’re chasing yellows until you reach Speke, where the stopping service leaves the fast line. You get a nice good look at it while overtaking it until you close in on Edge Hill, where the dispatcher gave the stopping service priority over me. A questionable decision, no doubt, but it added to the fun. Throughout the entire run, the lines were packed with AI trains (for SoS standards). I think I saw more AI trains in this single run than in all my other runs combined. I also ran with no HUD, so I had to guess my speed at all times and had to rely on route knowledge for signal locations and my eyes for signal indications, which further added to the fun. Seriously, run SoS without the HUD if you still don’t.

• Like Like x 5
  25. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

It's time for some more London Commuter recommendations!

Last night I finally played the service 1F96 - London Victoria to Seaford & Ore - 17:43 - which I've seen recommended quite a few times... and wow - this goes into my GOAT list! This is highly recommended to everyone, see why below:

This was just awesome. Immediately, as you close doors for departure with your 12-car 1F96 service at Victoria, the signal remains red as you wait for a 4-car AI Class 377 to arrive on the adjacent platform. Once finally underway, you race a Southeastern Class 465 all the way to Battersea, and later, as you head down towards Clapham Junction, you have a northbound Class 66 freight service which passes quickly below you if you can see it in time.

Once you finish at Clapham Junction and head towards East Croydon, with it being rush hour, note the amount of AI trains, it seems even busier than normal, which is epic! The arrival into East Croydon is another highlight, this 1F96 services uses the rare platform 2 at the station, so makes a nice change. Here, during your wait, watch and you'll see a fast 12-car Gatwick Express 387 pass through on neighbouring platform 3.

The next stage of the service gets even more interesting! You'll be making an actual stop at Horley for a change - and look out for the passing GWR Class 166 around this time! Once you depart Horley, the next station strangely is Haywards Heath, so you'll pass through fast at Gatwick's platform 5!

Finally, once nearing the end of the journey, at Haywards Heath, during the wait, a very fast 4-car 387 passes through heading northbound - pretty cool! Then, continue to Wivelsfield - with a stopping AI 377 arriving at the same time too - and that concludes this epic journey...

But, wait! Those with East Coastway can drive the remaining service between Lewes and Seaford thanks to 2C96 - London Victoria (Lewes) to Seaford - 18:59.

As this was quite a long suggestion, have two further service recommendations below.

• Like Like x 7
  26. cloudyskies21

Now I really enjoyed these Gatwick Express services:

Firstly, this suggestion I'll recommend is somewhat unique to a majority of the services. This is 5U17/1U17 - Brighton to Gatwick (ECS) Gatwick to London Victoria - 19:18 (these are combined as just one service as you'll see from the timetable list).

The service begins as a 12-car 387 service at Brighton. Thus, as part of the 5U17 ECS move, you then become a 4-car, while the remaining 8-car forms its own passenger service later. Once you depart Brighton, as mentioned above, this is an ECS move, which means you'll be going non-stop all the way to Gatwick and, during this service, I was briefly following a Littlehampton to Victoria service, which brought some single and double yellows.

Once arriving at Gatwick, you've got just under a ten minute wait here - recommend watching the AI trains come and go, as this includes an arriving Class 166! Eventually, you depart as 1U17 and operate non-stop to Victoria, the final highlight being around Clapham Junction. When I passed through fast at 60mph, a GWR Class 43 also passed through Clapham Junction fast in the opposite direction, really cool!

My final London Commuter recommendation today is another Gatwick Express service.

This is 1M11 - Brighton to London Victoria - 18:44 (make sure it's this one, as I note there are two 1M11 services in the timetable, the other being from the morning).

Recommend weather settings for this one being selected as August, with about 70% cloud, which creates some nice lighting as the evening goes in during the service.

Highlights of this service (which is formed of 12 cars) starts at Gatwick. You'll have about a 7-8-minute wait here. What I thought was very interesting was watching a northbound AI Class 377 that uses Gatwick's platform 1, which then eventually departs ahead of our service.

Other highlights of this 1M11 service include a lot of adverse signals towards the end of the journey. With it being busy into Victoria, this service eventually is held at a red signal at Grosvenor Bridge for quite a bit of time, but provides some absolutely stunning views of Chelsea Bridge in the fading evening light, plus there's lots of other services to watch come in and out of the station while waiting, so not too bad.

Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 4
  27. driverwoods#1787

For that service provided you own Class 313 DLC you follow 2C54 Brighton to Newhaven Marine down to Newhaven Harbour then split to Seaford. Where it terminates then becomes 2C60 Seaford Brighton. That service cause 5C54 ECS Newhaven marine Brighton class 313 to stop between Brighton London Road and Moulsecombe.

28. dagger#3513

dagger#3513 Member

If you delay your departure from Hamburck Hbf by cca 5 minutes, the freight 89407 train gets ahead of you. The sequence changes to
    1. stopping service,
    2. freight service,
    3. your IC.

Both slow services then use side tracks at Ahrensburg staition to let you, faster train, go ahead.

upload_2022-7-31_20-11-1.png

This adds some realistic variability to the only eastbound IC service on the route.

• Like Like x 4
  29. raretrack

raretrack Well-Known Member

I rate this as an Awesome run ....
    SKA ICE11 Frankurt(Main) - BR406 - starts 0740 at Aachen (departs 0742).
    (I did this using the New Journeys Expansion timetable. Also in the original timetable, but I don't know if you'll get the awesomeness still doing it that way.)
    Normal clear run until you approach the greater Köln area, then a lot of LZB braking action including several yellows and one red. Plus some PZB override action approaching Köln Hbf.

I was pleased to get through this without any penalty brake applications!

• Like Like x 1
  30. driverwoods#1787

With that service, you can get around the derailment by spawning a DB BR155. Since you stop at Dresden Mitte to let the 09:33 freight go first the Procedure to get it moving is to lower the traction selector to 50-70% apply sand taps 0-10 then once you are able to move the taps from 10-30 traction force selector 70-130%.

• Like Like x 1
  31. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

Going to recommend service 1R60 (About 20:10) Class 377 service from London Victoria to Reigate

even better if you have all layers

-Spoilers Ahead-Don’t read if you don’t want to know what it’s like-

departing on time, I recommend not exceeding 40mph until around Clapham otherwise you may miss the 66 on the under tracks just after crossing the Thames. You will then be brought to a red light whilst a class 43 passes. from here you will witness a a busy timetable of Class 377s (Nice services pattern running whilst waiting in Clapham with the 377) and decent 387 service pattern throughout . Further along at east Croydon you will witness your first class 375 heading southbound later on you will witness another northbound. When finally turning onto the Reigate branch a 166 awaits round the corner.

At the point of the route just after departing east Croydon be aware you need to reduce to 20mph not too far away

Several red lights and Yellow throughout so attention is needed, pretty much needed throughout. or SPAD is not a thing anywhere near complicated on this service to do

Last edited: Aug 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  32. JustWentSouth

We have what looks to be some really cool stuff releasing in September, including some interesting timetable gameplay according to the preview video. In the meantime I have updated the spreadsheets that LeadCatcher started and Callum B formatted:

Recommended Service Runs as of 8/9/22:
    Chaos Runs as of 8/9/22:

The GOAT nominees are in bold on the Recommended Services.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  33. JustWentSouth

My nominee for
    Greatest of All Time: 20 Minutes or Less Category:
    HMA S3 Depot Move with the 423 at 12:23

Be sure to turn on PZB and LZB. Following LZB curves without AFB is an enjoyable challenge and this will test your driving skills. I love driving the 423.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Arpadiam

Arpadiam Active Member

wow i just found out this thread by sheer luck and tried this HRR IC 2453 and was really awesome

this thread should be pinned

• Like Like x 1
  35. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

It is pinned :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  36. JustWentSouth

My nominee for:
    Greatest of All Time: Scenario
    Limited Power with the F7 on Clinchfield

This is an excellent mix of switching/shunting and line running, but you can also find that in other scenarios. What makes Limited Power stand out for me is the insight it provides into historical operations on the Clinchfield and the challenges of mid 20th century US coal operations.

• Like Like x 2
  37. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

I’d second that absolutely. Having to gradually add more power as you load more coal on the gradient is great.
    Just pay attention to where the game actually wants you to go otherwise you can end up missing checkpoints or being in the wrong siding.
    It’s a bit unforgiving, probably due to the nearby ai locomotive.

• Like Like x 1
  38. cloudyskies21

Time for another suggestion - this time from the original (TSW 2 version) Southeastern High Speed Route.

This service I suggest is, for me, the GOAT on SEHS - if you have the 465, then it's absolutely a must, see below.

1B91 - Ramsgate to London Cannon Street - 17:50 - Select the 465 if you own that loco DLC (otherwise it's operated by the 375)

So, in part 1 of the latest roadmap for the upcoming TSW 3 version of SEHS, it mentions the new timetable features peak expresses to Cannon Street. However, in the original TSW 2 SEHS there's actually a couple (maybe just two services I think?) of these already there. Thus, 1B91 is one of these unique services. Why is it unique you ask? Well, it allows you to drive the 465 all the way from Faversham to Gravesend plus I don't think I've encountered as many adverse signals for a service outside London Commuter.

What really makes this service a challenge is that with the 465's max speed at 75mph, you really have to keep to time. The first part of the journey starts out pretty relaxing, passing a couple AI trains. However, once you approach Gillingham, this is where it gets interesting. You encounter adverse signals here as a Gillingham service terminates on platform 1 and, as you arrive at the station, a 395 departs from platform 3.

Continuing on with the journey, as you near Chatham you'll be getting mostly double and single yellows and you'll eventually get more red signals around Rochester and Strood in particular. By now, you'll be following a slow 8-car service - in particular, you'll encounter a few adverse signals in the tunnel before Higham which are quite challenging.

On the final part of the service, I don't recall seeing hardly any green signals between Hoo Junction and Gravesend.

Like I said earlier, keeping to time is already quite difficult, plus with the all the adverse signals too. I ended up arriving into Gravesend at 18:33 - two minutes late, but still just about achieved a gold.

This my greatest of all time (GOAT) service for SEHS, and perhaps one of my favourites of all time! Just to add, I'm really looking forward to the extension on the TSW 3 version to Dartford for more 465 action - just wish they extended more of the classic lines instead of another high-speed section.

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 3
  39. JustWentSouth

A worthy GOAT indeed!
    At the end of the run, I returned to free roam and got taken on a very interesting cab ride out of Gravesend.

We have a good set of GOATS now across a variety of routes. However, I feel like DRA deserves one. That timetable is so full of good runs, it is hard to pick out one as the best. Anyone have a nominee?

• Like Like x 1
  40. Haribo112

Haribo112 Well-Known Member

Strange, I don't have this service available in game? I do own the 465 DLC, but 1B91 doesn't show up, nor does anything else at 17:50 ...

EDIT: it does show up for the 375 though. Very odd!

Last edited: Aug 19, 2022
  41. Felix Costa

Felix Costa Member

Same for me!

42. JustWentSouth

I had to select an alternate 465 livery in the menu to get it to show up. Try the “second choice” livery - IIRC; not at my PC right now.

• Like Like x 2
  43. cloudyskies21

As stated by JustWentSouth when you click on the 465, there's different timetable lists - I can't remember exactly, but I believe there's a 4-car and 8-car 465 timetable lists. I'll double-check next time I play TSW. Let me know if you can both find the 465 1B91 service eventually.

44. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

I played this one but I was given the road straightaway, no red signal at Victoria but by the time I could depart at 17:45 the 465 had already raced off to Battersea. Might have to try playing it again and see if anything happens differently or not.

• Like Like x 1
  45. cloudyskies21

Here is how to find that service:

For anyone struggling to find the aforementioned 1B91 - Ramsgate to London Cannon Street - 17:50 service operated by the Class 465 on the original TSW 2 version of SESH, see below:

- When selecting trains on the route, choose the 465.
    - There is two timetable lists for the 465. One consists of 51 services (the default setting) which are all 4-car 465 examples. The other list has 85 services (consisting of 8-car).
    - You you can select through both lists the same way you change the livery for your train.
    - As 1B91 is an 8-car train, it's only available via the list with 85 services. For those interested, there's a very similar service to 1B91, and that's the 1B93 at 18:50.

Hope that makes sense. I do wish the menu made it clear of the 465 having separate 4- and 8-car services.

Indeed, might be worth it. Try to depart exactly on time to keep up with the 465.

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  46. BeastyBill88

BeastyBill88 Well-Known Member

Hmm weird, I did depart at 17:45 on the dot as the timetable said but the 465 was already way ahead so not sure what I'm doing wrong. Also the 4 coach 377 coming into Victoria was held at the signal waiting for me to leave instead of coming in before me.

47. JustWentSouth

Just a brief update with GOAT nominees in bold on the spreadsheet.

The current spreadsheet is getting rather cumbersome at over 300 runs. So, it is now renamed Awesome TSW Compatible Service Mode Runs and will be updated as more runs come in for these routes. I will start a new spreadsheet for TSW3 runs. Also, I slightly tweaked the thread title.

So, here are updates as of 8/20/22:

TSW Compatible Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet..._wzt7qTCooxSTBW8pGAwYLs_ohsdDOcQOuZ4A/pubhtml

Chaos Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...yCTbHVZrwBSBUUkPiiJGlTWfRXexfPn7kBVDw/pubhtml

I look forward to seeing the community fill in the new spreadsheet:
    TSW3 Recommended Service Runs:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4lUuBrw-k2_y7FxuzH6mZ1m3Qu4YTfLViTfxQ/pubhtml

I also changed the links to Google sheets Publish to Web.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  48. Sgt Salt

Sgt Salt New Member

So there isn't a cab car? Why is there a 143 at one end and a 146 at the other?

49. JustWentSouth

It is an unusual configuration with locos at both ends, likely having something to do with restaging motive power at the start of the day.

50. Sgt Salt

Sgt Salt New Member

Interesting, does it come from the sidings or a portal? If so there might be a service at the end of the day to couple it up