Is Tsw2 Dead In The Water?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by dangerousdave, Aug 2, 2022.

1. Is tsw2 dead? Its seems dtg don't have much love for it anymore? I mean how long ago was sos released? A couple of months. There was a update today which addressed one issue out of many! But hasn't really fixed anything.

I have a lot of other games and the developers tend to roll back updates that cause problems, until they find a fix. This usually takes no more than a couple of days.

So what are dtg doing? Should it really take months to address the problems?
    Or years regarding the other issues!

Can anyone at dtg shed some light on this? Please.

• Like Like x 4
  2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It certainly feels similar to the end of TSW2020 when that happened. The difference is we found out about that in the June before the release of TSW2 in August and this time it is already August and not a peep out of DTG. I get the feeling that when the focus of the Pres Crew changed from doing deep dives on routes to fix them to updating all the routes with new features quickly (it hasn’t ended up being quick) that it was as an exercise for tying up loose ends in TSW2. It may be because the Pres Crew routes (routes from TSW2020) won’t be made compatible with TSW3. I have no idea if that will be the case because we are all in the dark and my crystal ball has been very busy this past month with its wild notions. I don’t hold much hope for many old issues being fixed even if all the content stays current, We saw with NEC New York that old content can be dropped completely but new versions of the loco content can be brought back later on. Maybe that’s the plan going forwards.

• Like Like x 5
  3. juliplus#6089

juliplus#6089 Active Member

I dont get it.
    If dlcs are being released (,, StOP rElEASinG dLcS fIx tHe GaMe inSteAd‘‘)
    If dtg is fixing the Game (,,iS tHe gAmE deAd?‘‘)
    TSW2 isnt dead they are only doing what the majority of the community wanted them to do :D
    As the game is full of bugs it is taking its time
    Most of the Publishers arent releasing so many dlcs as well so its hard to compare dtg to other Companys

• Like Like x 21
  4. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Just wonder... if TSW2 is dead..., why DTG made the launch of a large and very important project for them - considering new developments and challenges - ...as Steam locomotives and the route, being released at the end of May?.
    So just 2 months ago.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

I feel like this community just needs a break, or another hobby. Just something to focus on when it gets quiet around the game. The stress, the discussions, the speculation, the "I hope they do / will get angry if they don't do" doesn't help anyone.

• Like Like x 15
  6. Commiee

Commiee Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's "dead" - it would depend on how one would define that - but I think it's been clear for some time that each year the sim very quickly reaches a point where it becomes stale, repetitive and unimaginative in its content. And that's not surprising, because perceptions are defined by potential. DtG created expectations with the launch of the TSW project by announcing intentions for major things like multiplayer, and the history of the diverse representation of routes from across the world in TSC also created an expectation in many people that TSW would continue that, even if you consider the obstacle of licensing, no editor etc.

So when one thinks about what TSW could be - a global sim having social features like multiplayer that keep games and their communities alive and active for many years, a sim representing railways from across the world and thus drawing continuous interest of people who are interested in more than simply having routes next to their homes to play with, and a sim with an editor to showcase, encourage and foster both creative and improvement modding from the playerbase - and then you look at how much of that potential is not being used each year, as the sim just places a new number next to its title while only going on another cycle of adding the same dozen routes from the same Holy Trinity countries, before resetting and doing the same again the following year, it is not surprising to see the frustration and resignation about this stagnant, unimaginative, unambitious condition from many people.

This could be solvable by enabling a route editor, doing away with the licensing requirement for routes, rolling stock and other things in TSW3, and finally starting work on multiplayer. Third-party devs and community will release routes to keep the sim expanding in content, while DtG's focus will partly switch to MP, with all the benefits that will bring. That will make TSW a notable, important, impactful sim with social elements and longevity, instead of the current state of the annual stop-start cycle that repeatedly and repetitively builds and rebuilds the same structure.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 7
  7. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It would certainly be nice for DTG to engage with the community. The silence is really quite deafening.

• Like Like x 13
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

They just released an update today so I don't see how the game is dead. Im glad that they aren't rushing to released buggy dlcs. Better to fix tsw2 up to be honest

• Like Like x 2
  9. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

They are hard at work fixing problems that will in turn create new problems. It's DTG's favourite loop.

Seriously now, I think they have almost 200 employees and have been beefing up their staff recently, I don't think they're all in their chairs looking up at the ceiling and whistling happily while twiddling their thumbs.
    It's pretty clear they're immersed in the tsw3 project, whatever that is. Another theory is that they might be working on a new IP but DTG has invested too much time, money and effort into TSW to let it die. What sense would that make?

Yes, it's true that it's too quiet but it's just the calm before the storm.

• Like Like x 6
  10. bakedpotatos.jm

bakedpotatos.jm Well-Known Member

I don't think its dead I think they will continue to support and and improve it for the next couple of years. And routes released on TSW3 will be released for TSW2 as well. It will be only for 8th gen consoles though as TSW3 maybe 9th gen and PC only.

But financially it would not make sense for DTG to stop support as there is still a pretty big chunk on 8th gen still.

• Like Like x 1
  11. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

There isn’t much from the big players at the company lately. I guess it is holiday season and kids are now on august release from prison but it’s definitely quiet. I really do hope ,Matt, Sam, Jd and Adam come out swinging on next weeks roadmap with some big punches. With all the rumour and chatter here I think if they come out and say we have a new uk electrostar route and nothing else I may have to step away to snow runner or Valhalla again

I don’t personally think it will be tsw3 unless the silence is marketing getting a 4 week launch campaign set up but I could be wrong

• Like Like x 4
  12. SJA

SJA Active Member

It does make me somewhat glad that I'm a PC user with a huge selection of TS Classic content from down the years. I'm finally thinking of touching it up with some shaders and/or RWE Enhancer 2 for the graphics. It beats waiting forever for underwhelming TSW2 routes that will never live up to the standard set by the BML and maybe one or two others. Trickier for console-only users, obviously.

Plus it's turning into quite a nice summer (after the big heat wave) for a lot of us in the northern hemisphere right now, and after covid it won't hurt folks to get out to the odd BBQ or take time away from the sim in other ways :)

Things seem to kick off later in the summer anyway, from what I have observed.

• Like Like x 4
  13. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

DTG have never announced intention to make MP, they've always listed it as a "nice to have, but not being worked on". This is good because there are many for whom MP would wreck the game
    DTG have also not produced content from around the world. There is such on TSC because 2nd and 3rd parties create that content, especially for Japan and America
    There IS an editor for TSW of course, but it's not a public one (for DTGs own reasons) and obviously there's the issue of all publishing channels being via / through DTG so the cost per sale is higher than a lot of current "direct sales" DLC is.

With regards to the OP. Depends on what you mean by "dead"...
    Is there going to be further development of the game? No idea, but I continue to get decent drives in the sim as it is, and in the end train simulation isn't about being the biggest flashest most interesting thing in the world... Driving trains is repetitive, almost monotonous when things go well, the same as just about any "driving job" and the interest is in the variation and things that are "outside the norm", so maybe in the case of TSW rather than looking for the next major trunk route with 15 different types of trains all doing the same thing we should be looking at what is actually done WITH those trains.

• Like Like x 2
  14. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

That was an emergency update to fix the derailment bug specifically, nothing more - essentially a hotfix.

But as to the rest, the current silence is rather concerning especially after the possible accidental reveal of TSW3. Even if TSW3 turns out to be a red herring, a period of hiatus doesn’t mean virtually all contact with the community and userbase should be cut off. For me personally after playing TSW vs TSC on and off the last couple of weeks, I wouldn’t overly grieve if TSW was laid to rest and resources refocused on breathing new life and features into TSC.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Jpantera

Jpantera Well-Known Member

If they gave TSC a timetable mode and a better dispatcher/signaller (needed for timetable mode) then I wouldn't complain but I suspect something is cooking for TSW but they don't wish to reveal for reasons unknown.

• Like Like x 5
  16. OldVern

That was my thought and the only real frustration with TSC, that you are tied to whatever the route author concocted or you have to spend time yourself in the scenario editor crafting each run.

Part of me still wonders if the lack of any news or much input is because TSW and its team have been put on final warning after SoS released with its various bugs and missing features. Whether it’s downtime to sort the core game or indeed to work on TSW3, any PR department worth its salt would be keeping the pilot light on, with announcements along the lines of, “Some really cool fixes and updates coming”, or “Stay tuned for some great news in xxx weeks time.” But there’s nothing like that at all, it’s just flaccid, hanging like a limp… bit of washing on a breezeless day. All I can think is their PR is about as good as the sound and lighting department for TSW!

• Like Like x 4
  17. Commiee

Multiplayer is listed in the FAQ on the official main page of TSW as:

"We want to bring Multiplayer to Train Sim World, and we now have a design that we think will give a great social experience. It’s been crucial to design based on the experience of the mode, bringing the right roles and communication to our online experience. Multiplayer is not part of Train Sim World 2, but it is something we want to create".

And was confirmed by Sam last year as still being in future plans: https://i.imgur.com/zRl4HDQ.png

Nobody has suggested it is being worked on, that is irrelevant.

Yes, and I was suggesting it should be made into a public one, like there is one for TSC, for the outcomes indicated.

• Like Like x 4
  18. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

DTG said they would take a break on DLCs and fix issues over the summer as that is what people wanted (me included) so, no, it’s not dead.

However…. a little comms to that effect would be lovely

• Like Like x 5
  19. ARuscoe

That's the relevant part, the rest is comment.

Along with many others. It's very unlikely to be

20. Commiee

Yes, saying "X is something we want to create" and "we have a design that will make multiplayer succeed" = intention to create it in the future. And the "comments" are reinforcing that intention by saying DtG plan to make it appear on the roadmap one day.
    Not the point.

• Like Like x 2
  21. I'm not concerned about the lack of new dlc, that's not why I'm asking if the game is dead.

My main concern is the current state of the game. Mainly derailments and ai spads and getting stuck at red signals randomly. These problems come with sos 2 months ago and have not been fixed.

Some one mentioned dtg having close to 200 employees? Is this a fact? If so why are we still waiting for a fix! Or are the 200 employees focusing their attention on something other than tsw2? At a guess if we had access to the editor a Modder would have found and fixed the issues weeks ago! How these major problems were missed before launch is beyond me!

And if as mentioned they are focusing on tsw3 then dtg need to sort there priorities out, like fixing tsw2 before moving thier attention to tsw3.

Other developers roll out dlc on the same capacity as dtg! I admit sometimes with issues but they fix the issues promptly and engage with the users on their forums promptly, keeping them in the loop and informed of what they are doing. They don't just ignore their customers.

• Like Like x 1
  22. ARuscoe

A fix for many of these was issued yesterday
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/train-sim-world-2-update-notes-2nd-august-2022.56961/

Not saying all of them are fixed but they say they've caught a lot of them

Employees doesn't mean TSW devs, and TSW devs doesn't mean engineers working on the buffer problem. For all we know they have 20 people working in HR

That they do. DTG have seriously gone backwards in the last few months since Sam and then Nat went and did other duties when it comes to communication, and there seems to be an awful lot of time spent testing and testing to get things working (which means that it wasn't properly set up in the first place)

• Like Like x 2
  23. thundergaming11

thundergaming11 Well-Known Member

Imo it just looks like history repeating itself. We know there's a leak of TSW3 or whatever they'll name it, coming before the end of the year, so to expect them to fix bugs in TSW 2 and focus on whatever new stuff they got going on is a big ask. DTG from my understanding is still relatively small, unless they've had a large successful recruitment campaign. I have this feeling TSW2 will be left to fade with preservation crew finishing what they had already planned. Time will tell.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Jpantera

Not just gone backwards but pretty much gone. I still think it's entirely possible that the whole franchise could be finished. Not many think this but do not rule it out. Don't get confused with me saying that there is no more DTG product on the horizon and the fact that TSW3 has been seen on screens means nothing. Microsoft pulled MSTS 2 without a thought back in the day....

• Like Like x 3
  25. ARuscoe

I tend to rule nothing IN or OUT until it's announced...

• Like Like x 2
  26. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

Jumping in the thread because I do want to say that from DTG's side we are still here and listening. I notice some worry between how we communicate to players and I'd like to ask you all - what communication would you like to see being broadened?

As I am personally focused more on Train Sim World 2 comms, I'd like to hear specifically any requests you find other companies doing that we could also be learning from too?

One thing I will say, is that the conversation we do have is usually whenever we can. There are of course things we can't discuss which will close up certain areas of discussion, but if the community would like a greater level of communication I'd like to know what you think that looks like, if there are examples from other companies and I can see about ways we could improve how we handle it here at DTG :)

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Commiee

Thank you for the post. I can bring one example I have mentioned a few times, about a one-time clarification from DtG that would help a lot when it comes to people's expectations on future routes: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/the-death-of-the-suggestions-forum.56093/page-4#post-503011

• Like Like x 2
  28. ARuscoe

Fixes - what's known to be wrong, some form of update on "where they are". Realise this is included in the roadmap, but even something brief inbetween
    New stuff - Yes I know there's two routes on the roadmap, but a year ago there were routes, locos, fixes etc every fortnight with SOMETHING to chew on
    Streams - Used to be at least three per week. Now getting two generally, three when we're lucky. Even pointing to a content creator who will live stream TSW content (maybe with some tidbit or link to creators club) would be good
    AOB - We know that DTG has a lot going on and we know you're all busy and not just with TSW, so why not put out an equivalent of a TSW newsletter in between the roadmaps. Not just about TSW but anything else that's going on, hot topics on the forums, discord, youtube, facebook... Basically anything DTG that you want to put out there

In other words the silence is deafening, and sometimes it's better to have noise to filter out rather than naff all to listen to

• Like Like x 6
  29. DTG Alex

This is a very interesting point you've raised, because since joining a couple months ago I have already started peeking into what happens behind the scenes when it comes to selecting routes, how we can bring the community voice into the picture more publically, and what the team has to balance when it comes to these decisions.
    The only answer I can give for now is simply the obvious, that choosing new routes isn't just a matter of what the current vocal players want but rather how marketable the DLC would be to the entire audience, and if it's something that can feasibly be done well at all. We wouldn't want to take a huge risk in a new location, do it poorly and ruin the opportunity to take TSW further afield.

We are hoping to connect to our 3rd party devs to start find new locations as they'll have more access to doing it right, recording real sounds and getting it to the quality we'd aiming for. But there's nothing to announce, this is all I've found out about this situation for now.

I'd love to create an article diving into the BTS of how this entire process works, if that is something you'd like to see I'll push more effort into it again.

• Like Like x 8
  30. Commiee

I think that would definitely be something a lot of people would find informative - while you were typing your response, I replaced the link in my reply with a more recent one, and in that thread there are other people asking for information on essentially what you just mentioned.

• Like Like x 2
  31. DTG Alex

I definitely hear you on a few of these points, but I will preface this by saying that I see how much the team, espeically comms but everyone put in to try be more vocal, and it is alot of work trying to organise how to communicate everything we're doing. It's hurtful to hear that the perception of this is "silence" but rather I'd say we're doing okay, and there's more to improve on.

Fixes - This is difficult, because we have a list of 1000s of various fixes, and the approach we take to fixes isn't always as straight forward as the highest priority always first, because that would also mean Low-Medium will never be fixed, as there is always going to be high priority work. It's also hard to say "this problem is being worked on" because it sets an expectaion of releasing a fix soon, when it might be a much bigger rooted issue. It's something we can try to improve on, and I can look into ways we can share updates on issues more frequently in a consistent manner.

New Stuff - It's always the best part players want to learn about and the company has to stay silent on. I'd appreciate seeing exmaples of what more you'd like us doing here.

Streams - I know it's a part of our jobs being community focused, but streaming on top of long work days can be a lot of exra work and there may be times that there is less happening, but that being said the only news I can share here is that I can hoping to start a new series that fits with my skills in 3D modelling! Nothing to announce, but hopefully soon :)

Newsletters - We're actually reworking these I believe, but you're right that maybe more can be done on a weekly catch-up with DTG. I'll take a look into some exmaples and see about pitching the ideas around.

As with everything, this stuff takes time and will always end up eating that same time out of other projects, so there's a balance to be had. I'm happy to explore what we can do to shift that balance and I'm grateful to hear your feedback.

• Like Like x 5
  32. DTG Alex

Wondeful - as I mentioned I did already begin plans for what this might look like, and every week we have some scheduled time to develop personal projects so I can start taking some strides into seeing this into a reality. It does come hand in hand with an upgrade to the suggestions forum I brought up a month or so ago, it's been a very busy start for me learning everything so I'm trying to find time to push these forward but it may be a little while before any proper updates.

• Like Like x 2
  33. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Alex, this is a quandary to me because ECML and WCML have consistently for several years (I understand and believe) come up on roadmaps yet as yet there has never been a sniff of acknowledgement about their creation, or the complexity in doing so. The suggestions forum is awash of posts about it. What snapshots of it could be done, the trains, the freight opportunities etc. Most of the assets must be created in the bank for it already in some guise.

Considering all of this - it seems to be covered only in the sense of "if it's not on the roadmap....."

I find it intriguing when we are asked to vote for routes and suggestions that your two (again I believe) most requested are the elephants in the room.

It would be interesting to know
    Are they being scoped?
    Is it the secret UK route?
    Is 80 miles of dev time longer than the bean counters will allow?
    Are modular routes any closer (Matt spoke about their complexity a few streams back) and could this help create your most requested routes?

Thank you

NB - in the suggestions forum there was a 5th july stream post with loads of unanswered questions still, are they carrying over to next week?

• Like Like x 2
  34. ARuscoe

OK, I will say that you're the first person I've seen in a couple of weeks directly addressing the community in anything more than a "one shot" fashion, and given there is little other communication that's all I can base it on. Unfortunately the streams are now uninformative or not aimed at what I would consider "constructive matters" being a let's play or TSC stream.

Maybe this is one of those things that is a balance to achieve, but something to be struck. DTG HAVE been putting out fixes of late for things like the buffer collisions, but there are other major things (like the DLC issue on PS5, sounds on Xbox, lighting and so on) where a more active discussion COULD be held and where feedback from the community could be addressed. I know it usually ends up in "We do what we can and cannot promise anything" but when community members can do things like the lighting mod LondonMidland's been working on it does lead people to wonder why DTG cannot do the same (or employ LM for two weeks to do it properly in house)

I think you've kind of done this in having "German route" on the RM rather than anything specific, but I guess what people really want to know is whether there's anything that WE can feed into and actually see. Having a "community route" would be fabulous, especially if it was a directly chosen route and people fed back into the suggestions and development... Would certainly shut a few people up (and maybe give us a break from how can we upgrade GWE this week?)
    In other words, people like to feel involved, so if for example you know the Germam route is around Munich, release "SE Germany" and let people go from there...

Hence saying you could use 3rd parties. We know DTG employees want time off after work, so give it to others to fill the void. It used to be Matt, Sam and Nat doing vids week after week and I'm sure they need a break, but there ARE people out there doing good PR work that DTG could put in, similar to what you did for the railfan events

Yep, I hear you. I work in admin and know how getting info collated and accurate and reviewed etc takes time, but in the end the forum and other social media makes sure that your users (and customers) stay interested, and if interest wanes your customer base shrinks...
    A 1 page "Hey, this is what we've done this week, this is what's; coming up in the next month" would at least give people some chatter to chew on (even if it is only how JD "exposed himself" this week)

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Lots of words and all well intentioned, I'm sure, but, after reading all four DTG posts, I'm none the wiser. I guess I was looking for something a little more concrete, weren't you-all?

• Like Like x 5
  36. DTG Alex

Well that's because there isn't anything I *can* give you right now - I jumped into this thread simply to ask for suggestions to what we can currently change about our communications so I can feed them forward, but there's nothing I can announce.

I am currently taking in the feedback you have mentioned above, learning about what we can use and I will be trying to take that forward and hopefully we can see some further improvements to what we manage on the communications side :)

• Like Like x 1
  37. OldVern

And those of us who paid our early access £19.99 for FSW neither forgive or forget either… :o:o

38. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

If TSW goes multiplayer, I would immediately lose all interest, and I wouldn't by any means be alone.

• Like Like x 13
  39. OldVern

And the elephant in the room also not touched and the most important point of all:-
    Is TSW3 actually a thing or is it all a misunderstanding caused by a carelessly named desktop icon?
    If the answer to the above is no or no comment, then Followed by:- Does TSW actually have a future or is it now on life support as a product, because that’s the concern being generated by the current silence?

• Like Like x 6
  40. tallboy7648

TSC having a timetable would be amazing honestly

• Like Like x 1
  41. solicitr

Well, as a baseline, just more or less regular postings (here or as articles) covering "what we're working on now." Supposedly DTG is on a DLC-development hiatus while "fixing things," but absolutely no word has trickled out as to what that means. Since SoS dropped, DTG have not breathed word one about what any of their staff are actually doing, and that has led to speculations like the OP. Field trips to heritage railways are nice and all, but pretty darn peripheral to what the player base really want to know.

• Supposedly the QA system is being overhauled- but aside from hiring a new manager, no word.
    • Supposedly the remainder of the Preserved Team updates are being readied- but so far no word.
    • Supposedly two new routes are at some stage of production- but so far no word. I understand the problems caused by too much detail too early on routes like DRA, but at the very least something as vague as "mixed-use route in west-central Germany in the 1970s" wouldn't run any risk of overpromising.
    • TSW3 is out of the bag, and there's little point now not talking in at least general terms about what and when.

• Like Like x 4
  42. Jpantera

WCML is already out in SoS, its not modern day nor whole or much of for that matter but technically Weaver Jcn to Crewe is 100% pure West Coast Mainline. Weaver to Liverpool a WCML branch off.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

I would try to ignore it, as I have done with other frippery, such as Teacher's gold stars, achievements and children's fluffy toys etc. But, if that were not possible, I, too, would look for alternatives, such as TSC, for which I have a huge library.

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

I bet there will be some sort of summer update or something. Considering the amount of money dtg has bade off this franchise, I wouldn't think it would be on life support

• Like Like x 1
  45. fakenham

fakenham Well-Known Member

Not sure why there's a bit of hate towards a potential multiplayer, surely it would add another dimension to the sim? There would always be the timetable/scenarios available for those who don't want to use it.
    Also, still a bit perplexed as to why we don't have a sniff about the next routes, a teaser of some sort would help improve the mood around here....

• Like Like x 2
  46. solicitr

In my experience with multiplayer games, they are awash with idiots and griefers. And it would only take just one of either to completely bollix an entire route's timetable- also, mind you, we have a dispatcher routine so fragile it can't handle a 15-second delay by an AI train without frying.

• Like Like x 6
  47. OldVern

Already described my experience with Run 8 MP - it was a cliquish chat room for the "boys", added nothing to the driving experience. In fact now Run 8 has an automated despatcher no one was even fulfilling that role. When I parked my train up in the yard at Bakersfield intending to resume later some kind soul had deleted it. So the idea of running a train (eventually) through from Fresno to Seligman with other live players on the route evaporated in a moment.

• Like Like x 2
  48. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

It’s not ‘dead’ but the constant bugs and problems that never get fixed are really damaging the game. It’s a terrible business practice and if they carry on they are going to have serious problems. There are a lot of people unhappy with the game right now and they need to do something about that.

• Like Like x 5
  49. Calidore266

Calidore266 Well-Known Member

I think this is important for us to keep in mind. Alex has also been dropped in during a shift in focus from releasing new DLCs to getting updates and fixes released, plus Sam has also taken a new position and thus might not be available for the same level of hands-on mentorship that he could give Nat (though would hopefully still be able to offer advice, which I would encourage Alex to seek out). It's always harder to find your footing on a shifting surface than a firm one.

One thought for Alex: Normally, we'd see hype and write-ups on new routes, but as I mentioned above, that focus has shifted to updates and fixes. Therefore, how about making that the focus of your community interactions instead? Get and pass along what info you can on the status of the remaining PC updates and major ongoing bugfixes and improvements. I don't mean expected release dates or timeframes, which is a minefield, but just updates on activity and maybe writeups on the domino chains making up the problems or the various processes involved in fixing them. Matt has occasionally gone into detail in streams about how one problem in one area was actually unexpectedly caused by a change somewhere else. That kind of thing can be pretty interesting, as well as the info giving us some understanding of what the devs and QA are actually dealing with.

And a suggestion for Alex, if I may: Streams. Watch the archived ones and participate in current ones as often as you can make (not just find) time. Even if you don't think you'll have much to say, try to be a head on-screen anyway, both for the serious roadmap discussions and the frivolous 4Up challenges. Nothing will help you become more comfortable with the community, your co-workers, and the interactions between them than by simply being there as much as possible.

• Like Like x 3
  50. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

To be honest Alex even someone coming on here, and saying yes it is a bit quiet atm but that is because there is something quite big coming, but we can't talk about it yet. It would at least confirm the silence is not due to nothing much happening. It would give people something to look forward to.

Would also be nice to get an ETA for the next batch of preserved crew updates/fixes as we haven't had anything release for a while now.

• Like Like x 6