Train Sim World 3 Q&a - Tuesday 16th August

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DTG JD, Aug 10, 2022.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

No, it was definitely a thing. Had it confirmed the timetable is much more accurate with plenty of setup time too.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I noticed that immediately on the stream we got on Tuesday. They look more like UK pylons.

• Like Like x 1
  3. feard

feard Member

Any chance of a train on platform 3 in Sittingbourne as they use a London train “class 375” which is about every half/full hour

4. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

So, I have a question about the AI-only trains on Kassel-Würzburg (Br 146.2, Dostos and BR442).
    Will we be able to drive them using the Scenario Designer? Or are they completely AI only.
    Some time ago, Matt said in a stream, that AI-only trains would not make sense in TSW, as the trains need to be configuered completely, as you can get near them, and even on them, so it would make no sense, to do 99% of a driveable train.
    So, are we all in all getting AI-only trains, or not?
    If you think this question is better suited for the route preview, please feel free, to use it there, but I think this question might be interesting for TSW in a whole.

5. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Hmm. I’ve seem people come 3 mins early. Like me once i came 1-2 mins later

6. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Tell us more about Approach Control please : D?TSW3 is looking fantastic!!!!

7. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

So far they have said that only the two new routes, SEHS and SOS will have the new features, and others will only have dynamic weather.

8. samuelbrookes1

"The Classic Lines are also fully fleshed out, with more trains between Rochester and Faversham, including peak expresses to Cannon Street. Services which terminated in Gillingham now run to Dover, and rush hour splitting/joining of Class 375s at Faversham also feature. You can expect to see Sheerness Branch AI at Sittingbourne, as well as Medway Valley Line AI at Strood."
    This was in the first roadmap article.

9. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Is the dynamic weather random or just a coded event happening every 20mins
    Does dynamic just mean it cycles dry wet dry or wet dry wet

10. feard

feard Member

If I see this correctly (I’m on the sittingbourne train station) i think they got the track to sheerness on the wrong side. The 2 tracks should be switched around and be pointed to faversham. Nvm I just checked google maps and I am dumb

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  11. feard

feard Member

A mission type I would like to see more (if they isn’t any atm) is where you have to catch a train to another station and then grab yours or even where you have to jump from one train service, hitch a ride to finish another

• Like Like x 1
  12. chieflongshin

Was Tsw3 a genuine leak by JD or good advertising? (Will HR let you say without repercussions :D?)

13. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

With revisiting the UI and menus, will certain buggy aspects of the system, some of which require toggling on a route-by-route basis in TSW2, like stop markers, others which do not remember your setting between play sessions, like motion blur off, be getting addressed?

And further to that, as an accessibility thing for those of us with photosensitive issues, migraine triggers, etc. will some of the new lighting features like the light adaptation have an off toggle the way many UE games have for motion blur, chromatic abberation, depth of field, and the like?

• Like Like x 1
  14. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

Will the memory problem be solved for 8th gen consoles so that we can get all the layers on Hauotstrecke München Augsburg etc.?

15. chieflongshin

Will there still be dioramas?
    What will night lighting be like?
    Will there be a new map?

most importantly…..

Are diggers now animated and will construction sites have something moving?

• Like Like x 1
  16. da.virus

da.virus Member

TSW3_11-08-22_Kassel_Watermarked_Screenshots_8.jpg In the roadmap from yesterday it says:

"When the ICE 3 first made its appearance in Train Sim World 2, players requested that an additional screen that shows the driver what’s happening with the brake systems on the train be added.  There’s a lot of information and it’s helpful to the driver to really know what’s happening along the length of the train at any given moment, so the team have worked hard to get that implemented for Train Sim World 3. "

However, on the Screenshot for the ICE 1 on todays roadmap, this excellent feautre is missing (2nd display from the left)?
    Will it be added until release?

• Like Like x 1
  17. SonicScott91

SonicScott91 Well-Known Member

Is the Spirit of Steam manual firing update coming with TSW3 at launch?

18. trombonemike#6967

trombonemike#6967 New Member

Will my purchased TSW 2 routes (Peninsula Corridor, Harlem Line, etc.) be playable on TSW 3 after purchasing the new game?

19. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

is there any chance that licenses could be obtained at some point for japanese shinkansen routes, I would love to run a japanese high speed route

20. glob4l_dee

glob4l_dee New Member

A question I have is when will there be a US Subway Route?

21. Tomatotrain

Tomatotrain New Member

So if you own SEHS and the EMU dlc for it and you buy the standart or deluxe pack you basically lost 45€ same with because you get it free if you buy German or US bundle. Am i right?

22. traincloud

traincloud Member

This has been really bugging me too - after travelling by Nightjet this summer I'd love to know although I'm already bracing for the "it's an IC that just travels at night and stop for ages". Can I ask if it at least contains car transporters attached? This would be a nice compromise without new art needed.

In addition:

Although I'm aware that the team are looking into complex fixes for the save features on legacy routes, is there any way that saves will work seperately for these completely new routes? Maybe they won't have the inbuilt issues of the past?
    Just asking because this will literally make or break the purchase of Cajon Pass for many people (me included) who simply don't have the time for a full run in one go on almost any given day, especially with the fun weather.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
  23. Pokesomi

Pokesomi New Member

is raildriver going to be supported and made a bit more sensible or are we going to have to make our own legend sheets as one thing that annoys me about it, is that i have to change the legends so often like for example several brittish locos have aws reset as a button on the button rows and others dont have it even though there is a dedicated alerter button that could have been used.

24. mattchester#9176

mattchester#9176 Well-Known Member

"So, whilst TSW Compatible content will not receive the new PBL lighting system, the new system will now detect various types of light and automatically adjust them to fit the lighting system they’re running in. While this will not always result in the perfect lights it will mean that the entire collection is cross-compatible on day 1."

With regards to the above from the roadmap, does this mean the lighting may actually be worse in TSW3 for TSW2 DLC?

I'd hate to lose the great night lighting from NDR for example. Is there a risk that deteriation of lighting in older DLC will be the new "broken audio of the TSW2020 DLC in TSW2"?

• Like Like x 3
  25. peterpan#8483

peterpan#8483 New Member

Any plans on implementing "EBuLa" for german trains? would really enhance the experience when driving timetable hud-less.

• Like Like x 2
  26. traincloud

traincloud Member

Is the dynamic weather coming to legacy TSW routes going to include the new lightning effects?

Thanks. :)

27. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Will we for Cajon Pass and Scenerio Planner be able to route trains on and off the Palmdale cutoff via the crossover track at Silverwood?
    11990X.jpg

28. Cash

Cash Well-Known Member

In the preview screenshots, we have seen that the 465 has a new font for the front destination screen, however this this inaccurate and doesn’t look like it should in real life. Do you plan on reverting it back to how it was in TSW2, as that version was much more accurate.

29. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

First and foremost Hello DTG, I would like to know if What features are coming to The train Sim World 2 compatible routes With train Sim World 3 Can you guys better Clarify What we can expect?? From what I gather If I were to purchase train Sim World 3 And play something like the Harlem line All I get as a feature is dynamic Weather?? Also Will we get sparks And Umbrellas Or is that only for the Train Sim World 3 Routes? I Happen to Just now finished reading the article And it seems that you Guys leaked an Additional 2 routes Purposely, So Would it be safe to assume We will hear something about this Next Tuesday?

30. Ceesare35

Ceesare35 New Member

Will there be Italian routes in the future?

31. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

On the stream today, MP said it is random, but there is a " list " of options which the game can choose, depending on factors that you select ( locale, season, temperature etc. to start ). At least that's what I remember.

32. Adamgrant3

Adamgrant3 Active Member

With Train Sim world 3. Will the Livery editor have new shapes / fonts etc

33. RailFan97

RailFan97 Active Member

Thanks for sarcastic response, but Matt previously acknowledged there was an issue with the automatic timetable that was generated for this route, so I don’t think it is just a ‘me’ problem.

34. samuelbrookes1

On the stream tonight, there were AI services on the ECML. But none of the current trains in TSW run on the ECML. upload_2022-8-11_22-26-54.png

35. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

Will the new ICE 1 sub onto any of the previous German routes? I seem to recall discussion of ICE 1 on Hamburg Lubeck?

36. jack travers

Ice doesn’t go to lubeck

37. jack travers

Didn’t mean it to be sarcastic just sometimes i get there 2-3 mins early

38. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

There was a brief section about sounds, however this only really touched on the topic of pitter patter rain sounds on umbrellas, as well as train horn sounds.

Are there going to be any genuine improvements to environmental sounds? Station ambience, station announcements, reverb in tunnels, clatter over bridges etc. These are some of the things which have been missing from TSW for years now and it really does spoil the immersion.

39. cjheron

cjheron Member

Has the repeating sounds been fixed.

What I mean is with the sound of rain, on the PlayStation at least, you can hear the point where the sound sample repeats itself. takes you out of the realism. It’s the same with heavy wind sound sample.

• Like Like x 1
  40. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

Something I noticed on the roadmap. It says only for TSW3. So this must mean that the route HMA is getting full TSW3 treatment with all the effects? Maybe a fully upgraded line? Otherwise why release a Loco DLC for only TSW3 to run on a route that's not had the full TSW3 treatment?
    • [TSW3] [DBB-L5 01] DB BR 420 Electric Multiple Unit (Hauptstrecke München-Augsburg) - Developed by TSG

41. stevewa

stevewa New Member

Really need to see a Southwest Chief addon for Cajon.

• Like Like x 2
  42. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

• It’s good that players can now first select a train iso a route to play, but please tell me I can still first select a route in timetable mode and then choose from the available train for that route
    • While making the all new UI, I hope you remembered to cap the fps on the menu screens this time around. Gen8 console fans wil thank you

43. DigiTMCN

DigiTMCN Member

They have stated that you can also select a route then train. There appears to be 2x different screens of home page. This shows it would have been better to present a real time display of the menu UI in action.
    tsw3.png

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  44. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

If this is about the new German route, they put in local trains as AI only because there's nowhere for them to be driven TO once you get off the main route. So they're there to add "flavour" to the end point stations. Otherwise you'd have ICE1 and ICE3 and that's it

They did say there would be sheerness branch as AI only. I think IRL these lines have 375/3 which we don't have in game so likely to be either a 465 or a 375/9 in game

Approach control keeps the signal at red until the train has slowed down sufficiently to cross a junction and enter a slow speed line (such as a depot). This is done by monitoring the speed between two fixed points on the track and making sure a certain amount of time is taken between the two. When that time lapses the signal clears (main or shunt signal) and the train can proceed. As a given example on the stream last night, the line at Hoo Junction is 70mph, but the entry to Hoo yard is 10 or even 5mph, so to make sure an approaching train wouldn't just blast into the yard the junction stays set at "main line" and the signal at danger until the above is satisfied, so any overrunning train would sail straight on rather than derailling and fouling the main lines and yard entrance

They will continue to be playable on TSW2 forever, and you will get TSW3 licenses for all TSW2 content when you purchase that game. In other words "Yes"

No. If you had never bought the SEHS route for TSW2 you wouldn't get it free with TSW3. The only "loss" per se is if you bought the 465 in TSW2 as you would get this in TSW3 anyway

45. Eicartestfile

Eicartestfile New Member

What will happen to the previous upcoming dlc’s for tsw2 like the BR 420?

46. ARuscoe

47. JesseBlue

JesseBlue Active Member

I still think that it's not a nice move, after waiting for ages for the BR 420 to release for TSW2 they decide to withheld it and force you to buy TSW3 instead to be able to get it..
    But the route you buy it for is only a TSW2 route which will not be upgraded to TSW3 standards.
    So why force players to buy TSW3 then if the BR 420 is for a TSW2 route not getting TSW3 treatment?
    Because I highly doubt they will give München - Augsburg any treatment.
    Not nice at all!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  48. ARuscoe

Oh I'm sure it's a pain, unfortunately TSG are working within the framework of what DTG say they have to

I'm sure it'll work on other German routes too

49. klukcz#4971

klukcz#4971 New Member

Will it be possible to play TWS2 routes purchased on let's say Epic Games Store if I pre-ordered my TSW3 copy on Steam?

50. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.