Xbox What A Great Next Gen Experience! (not)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by StrikeEagle78, Oct 6, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

I made a ticket a few days ago Cracks On Audio In Tsw3
    There is even a topic about the audio issues

2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Good to know, many thanks AC.

3. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Does anybody happen to know what the number below the FPS counter refers to? The number has an ms suffix which I would think is miliseconds. From what I've noticed, this number is generally around 16 when things are going well and smooth, but spikes to around 22 briefly when the micro stutters happen. Feels almost like a scenery block is loading where you get the micro pause and then things start moving well again. I just tested this on the Kassel route in clear weather. I'll have to look at this number further on SEHS where the stuttering background scenery is more prevalent.

4. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

One other very easy way to reproduce the missing wagons/rendering/pop in problem is the Lonely Road scenario in Kassel - Wurzburg. In the beginning there is an ICE 3 right in front of you but only the power cars are visible on each end until you get very close to it. Then the middle cars render one by one :( Xbox Series X.

20221029_211354.jpg 20221029_211408.jpg 20221029_211434.jpg

Sorry cant upload the video because its too big.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Just upload your video to the Xbox network from your console and share a link through a 3rd party site like GamerDvr.com or similar.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

So it's a triple-lonely road! (Yes I know ICE3 is entirely integrated)

7. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Been trying to share a few clips, but everything I try is not working, how are you able to get the share link to XB clips, I would appreciate your assistance.

8. StrikeEagle78

I copied these steps from the Xbox support site:
    1. Launch the Xbox mobile app. When notifications are on, the app will alert you when new captures are shareable.
    2. At the bottom of the screen, select My Library  > Captures.
    3. Select a game clip or screenshot.
    4. Select Copy link to paste the link in a social media account, or Share and choose a destination.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Thanks much, I will give it a go and hopefully things work out.

10. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Thank you, I appreciate your assistance. I appreciate it very much. I followed your directions word for word and sure enough I was able to get the shareable links from my Xbox profile that I believe will work here. I have six videos the reason being is they’re from TSW2 and TSW3 and the reason for that is because I was able to reproduce what is in the videos; at least the derail of the Loco at least six times I was able to reproduce between TSW2 and TSW3. Both of them are the same exact route, same scenario and a few others that I added in there because I was having a hard time figuring out how to share these videos I had done on my Xbox One X.

But, there are several videos I had done over the course of several weeks. I’m also having problems with my computer so that’s another reason why I’m posting this many videos at one time. That another issue but this is directly recorded with my Xbox at 1080p SDR at 2 minute clips and I trim them down as needed. Some of these are not related to the popping in and out of the rail cars there is another video I have to do yet about that and that just blew my mind when I saw that. However I’ll get to that later in another post. Anyway, these are the videos that I did, collected, edited.

I tried not to make them too long, I adjusted the camera view specifically the way I did for a reason. So, when looking at it you can see where and when things are happening. I know the naming of the videos Is a little wacky but that’s just me. The most important part is what's in the video. I hope this can assist anyone else and dovetail. See below attached videos:

The Fault Is In The Rail switch?. = Derailed
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/SQULS5QR

Spidey Artifacts
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/AVDTCFTV

Time Warp Wart Bug Glitchy Thingy
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/P9GQAS65

Camera fell through the map
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/6G76CWYD

Steam Loco Derailed_Top Down View
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/CYGTANCV

Success Made It Without A Derail_Repeatable
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/JM8UTYMJ

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. gobig#1834

gobig#1834 Member

Looks like our XBox issues didn't make the road map. These issues really need their own line item. I also got the sense that they were indicating that things are running as designed. If that's the case, I'm gone.

• Like Like x 4
  12. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

Yes, really disappointing. I have played TSW games since day 1 on Xbox (First Xbox one and now Series X) and I really love this game. I love this game so much that I have bought every DLC and want to support the devs. The game has taken nice steps forwards in many ways but I'm getting really frustrated with these issues. I know DTG is pretty small team and doesn't have the recources like bigger gaming studios and train sims may not be the easiest games to develop. I just feel sad that almost every time there comes new version of the game or DLC it introduces new bugs and while some of them are fixed many are still there even years after release and/or are not being fixed. Now I just don't want to play the game almost at all and was waiting the roadmap if it mentions something about these. Maybe next month or... :(

• Like Like x 2
  13. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Another example from Series X on DRA:

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/H3UGCDJU

Yesterday I noticed it on RRO with the middle cars of the 422 but yeah... basically noticable everywhere regardless of route, service or scenario. It even tempts to have a look at the map when passing by an empty yard or station to check whether there should be something visible there...

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  14. StrikeEagle78

Hmm.. intesresting that they mentioned in the roadmap stream that old routes were working exactly as they did in TSW2 and they could not reproduce any of the suggested bugs. Clearly by your video above, this is a TSW3 distance bug that is universal across old and new routes.

• Like Like x 1
  15. StrikeEagle78

I gave SEHS another go tonight post patch. I thought things were looking good. I tried the Riders On The Thames scenario and was seeing a mosly solid 60 fps. Granted this scenario stars in full sun. But then things started to go downhill approaching Swanscombe. Frame rates started to drop / fluctuate and the scenery started to stutter. I'm curious if this has something to do with the new clouds / dynamic weather feature as it started raining shortly thereafter.

I took this clip approaching the station: https://www.xbox.com/play/media/USEY3PEGB5

I will look at other areas like the Training Centre to see if I notice any improvements.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

I'm curious, how did you get the FPS on your game to show or is that built into the series X ?

17. StrikeEagle78

If you hook up a keyboard to your Series X you can use the same controls as on PC. In the case of the FPS counter you hit the F3 button to toggle it on and off.

• Like Like x 1
  18. StrikeEagle78

I've been doing a bit more testing tonight using the Training Center. Others may wish to confirm my findings, but after running the introductory trainings for the 465 and the ICE1 I have noticed the frame rates were nearly always 60FPS when viewing the route from inside the cab. A significant improvement from before this latest patch. Where I did see stuttering scenery is when in the outside view simply panning around a bit. Below are a couple of example videos:

https://www.xbox.com/play/media/VU72BS9C3V
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/TXK8YZ9T76

This third video clip just shows a blip of yellow to the FPS counter. Perhaps this is a momentary scenery block load. However you can see in between how fluid and smooth the FPS are here on this route:
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/B5465GWLLC

I guess some complaints may be the scenery detail pop in that we see in the background scenery, however this is no different than TSW2 and I have personally gotten used to it.

How about anybody else? Are you seeing the improvements as I see thus far in the Training Center? Perhaps DTG is on the right track with performance improvements if this is a first step?

19. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

thanks much will check it out, I did a few other vids will be putting on YT, a bit long to get it on XB and clip. but I have noticed other items of note that have appeared since the update.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dath Vater 208

Looks like TSW3 is getting better and better

21. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

22. Dath Vater 208

Wow! This thread keeps growing! The scale of problem is huge! TSW3 is certaintly not ready yet.

23. StrikeEagle78

Yes like most modern video games, the first 6 to 8 months is the paid beta test period by early adopters. If you're already paying for GamePass then no big deal to try it out. That's why I usually wait about a year before buying a video game that I really want. You usually get a much more properly built game and often at a deep discount on sale.

• Like Like x 2
  24. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Agreed and also not exclusive to X-Box.... I am having the same issue on PS5

• Like Like x 1
  25. Dath Vater 208

In the past years I waited until the time around Christmas. I hope TSW3 will work well on Xbox One (normal, not S/X)

26. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

The issue with TSW2 now is that they seem to have basically given up on patching it. Bugs fixed on TSW3 back in September are still present in TSW2. Not to mention from what I understand they still haven’t gotten the last round of preservation crew updates.

• Like Like x 2
  27. Dath Vater 208

"Transfer" periods of TSW life are always the worst. Bugs annoying fixed in newer version work as a way to lure the old players, even if it's not intended mechanism.

28. StrikeEagle78

The new route previewed today does look nice, but even when they are presumably running it on a high end PC you could notice the stuttering scenery on occasion and the micro pauses as scenery blocks load. So again with everything else TSW3 this will be a pass until the core is fixed. Seems like they may be on the right track with the last patch, but lots more work needs to be done. We'll see what the new year brings.

• Like Like x 1
  29. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

It does look good indeed. Looks better than the TSW3 routes we have already. But I'm sticking to German only DLC. I hope the next German route released is polished because Kassel felt like it was rushed.

30. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

You can also run the FPS meter on your display side by side with it which can be useful with the stutters as they show up quite noticeably on the FPS graph my monitor displays, which the ingame FPS tracker does not have.

31. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I just found out the same keyboard/F3 thing works on PS5. I haven’t had much time to check my FPS but a quick look yesterday and I noticed some interesting things:

Generally in most situations, even TSW3 SEHS, the PS5 seems to be pushing out 50-60fps. BUT every once in a while it does a very quick drop (like 1-2 seconds) down to 30ish. Those are what I noticed before as the “microstutters” that seem to be related to assets or sounds loading. I’ve noticed those same microstutters in online streams from PCs (including DTGs own streams) and Xbox Series X. Seems like the micro-stutters affect all platforms. So overall in general running the FPS are high but have noticeable stutters.

Busy stations is where I sometimes feel like FPS themselves are consistently lower. Loading into an area I know feels like it is roughest on FPS, London Victoria during morning rush hour, the counter shows my PS5 seems to be hovering in the 25-30 range. Which is actually better than I thought.

I will leave that running on my PS5 because I’ve always been curious what my actual FPS are.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. Nicolás train sim

Nicolás train sim Member

Hi, I play on xbox series S and tsw2 would run very good, but tsw 3 audio is really bad quality since release, and you can easily hear this in the door open/close sounds of the trains, I spent my money on this game hoping it to be good and this bad audio quality just kills the game in my oppinion

• Like Like x 3
  33. StrikeEagle78

I guess we need no further evidence that TSW3 has introduced issues with TSW2 routes than DTG's own live stream going on right now. London Commuter... stutter, micro pause, stutter, micro pause. This route does have lower FPS in some places in TSW2, but at least those lowered FPS areas are still smooth running, not stuttery. Hopefully the new program DTG is running to identify such areas will be used on older TSW2 routes as well as work is clearly needed there too.

• Like Like x 2
  34. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

@StrikeEagle78
    I ask you now before posting more of what I have come across, being that you are the OP of this thread, I don't want to seem like a Hijacker of threads. I did find plenty on XB1X.

35. StrikeEagle78

Post away. The more evidence the better. DTG clearly needs the help from the community at large to see what's going on with their game outside of the lab environment.

36. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

Thank you for getting back to me. I'll work on it and try to get some more today, tomorrow and before and after the holiday.

37. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

I don't want it to look like I'm dogpiling because of the amount of stuff I'm posting. My computer is more of a sack of potatoes (see my signature of the more info on my computer) so everything I do is off my Xbox One X. But these are the issues I've come across unintentionally and some I did look for and did not expect to find. Some scenarios below have multiple videos because I was trying to show each time I was trying to do the action I was expected to do, and each video does show something different.

This is post one of three of issues found.

The Tables Have Turned- Loco- Jubilee
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/YM6QVP7Z5B

60100 Stuttgart Hafen- Hamburg Billwerder
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/JZXX44KF6W

Boston Providence Route Introduction- Loco- ACS-64 V AMTK Boston Sprinter
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/play/media/KUT3EJBDF9

--------------------------------------------
    (Both videos are from the same scenario)
    Class465/9 SEW London-Faversham Scenario Riders on the Thames
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/Q2555TXK8E
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/BQX4CGR4CC
    --------------------------------------------

LMS Jubilee Spirit of Steam: Liverpool-Crewe Scenario- The Tables have Turned
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/2WHHKNHJBC

38. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

39. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

This is post three of three of issues found.

Scenario: A Helping Hand Route: CSX Heavy Haul Loco: CSX SD40-2
    Independent & Auto Breaking at Full Application + Emergency Breaking Engaged.
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/R68WXAKPQ7

Really Reliable Rescue- Loco- LMS Stanier 8F- Spirit of Steam- Liverpool-Crewe
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/G5Q332JVZY
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/EG4XYHZWY9

There is another video that I will have to edit properly before I post it due to the way the scenario started.

40. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

I have also gathered some more video footage of the issue I posted earlier - all of which happening on a custom scenario on MSB, originally I wanted to make some screenshots for possible upload on CC, but well:

146 + Dostos pop up:
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/YMXYZTWJN7
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/UREZDBLY8C

143 in ghost mode:
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/H2YPRTE5M6

It looks like some sort of memory issue as both locomotives (and Dostos) are shown correctly on other occasions, esp. at the start of a service so the models' LODs should be fine..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  41. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

Due to this problem I dont want to play TSW3 (Series X) at all :( Waiting for updates to fix this problem...

• Like Like x 1
  42. JonnE

JonnE Well-Known Member

Yeaaah then this one isn't helpful on that occasion either:
    https://www.xbox.com/play/media/NMAVBYGRHV

If you pause the video at the right Moment you can notice on of the ICE 3s middle cars disappearing as well...
    I'm planning to upload the scenario for the opportunity of a replayability but since this happens regardless of service, route or scenario it really should be easy to replicate..

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  43. jiroo#5329

jiroo#5329 Member

Yes this bug is very easy to reproduce like you said :|

44. Dustysideboard

Dustysideboard Member

If you go back far enough through the forum, you will see the exact same issue when WSR came out and you had to turn the 47 during a scenario

45. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

So, it would seem this is an issue that still creeps in with new content and or versions.

46. StrikeEagle78

New patch, same old mess. Tried SEHS again today with the scenario Morning Storm. Couldn't make it past the first few minutes. Still a stuttering mess of a game. I'll patiently await the next patch to see if DTG can turn things around.

47. SGTDRE

SGTDRE Well-Known Member

No updates / Patches on my end yet, but yes here is hoping.

48. Dath Vater 208

4th page of this thread will probably appear soon

• Like Like x 1
  49. StrikeEagle78

Just keeping the issues front and centre for all until fixed :D

• Like Like x 2
  50. stevenwalker1985

stevenwalker1985 Well-Known Member

Agree. Lets all keep it gong.

• Like Like x 2