Tsw: Power Up The Pennines

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Dec 3, 2018.

1. JT_29O5

JT_29O5 New Member

Hi Steve, I wondered if you had got any info from the team on this while we’re still (just) ahead of release? Thanks.

2. TrainSim-Steve

TrainSim-Steve Senior Producer Staff Member

Hi JT_29O5,

Sorry it's taken a bit of time to get back to you on this but the update from the team is that they are still working on the technical solution and it's unlikely to make it to NTP. It's something we all want to happen but it's just going to take a bit more time to get right - and when it lands, I'm confident you will all really love what our plans are for it :)

Best, Steve

3. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

Am I safe to assume that any such technical solution will only apply to future DLC and will not be backported to existing DLC?

• Like Like x 3
  4. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Its already in GWE, so Im a bit perplexed why its suddenly so difficult.. unless consoles ehem cough cough..

5. TrainSim-Steve

Not at all - in fact a key topic of our discussions around this has been about how we backport to existing add-ons.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 6
  6. Spacedeck

Spacedeck New Member

I bought TSW just so I could play this DLC. Being from Huddersfield myself, it saddens me that Train Simulator doesn't feature any official DLC routes for us.

How detailed will the train stations be? Do you try replicate the real thing?

7. JT_29O5

JT_29O5 New Member

I’m grateful for the reply Steve. Obviously the best news would have been to hear road traffic would make TPE so Leeds and Manchester are not so lifeless, but all the same I’m really enthused to hear a good solution is in the works, and in particular that it will hopefully be portable to pre-release DLCs. I’m certain it will make a big difference in bringing the environments more alive and therefore add to the overall immersion. Keep up the good work.

8. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

They usually do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

I'm sure they will try, but, the route is set in 1983, how many of the development team were around then and have done sufficient research to replicate everything on this route, to capture the ''dark satanic mills' of Yorkshire and Lancashire will take some doing, but, we need to be confident on what they portray, however, without much local knowledge and backdating everything to over 35 year's ago won't be easy, I'm sure.

And I hope that DTG have included Manchester Red Bank Sidings on the map, as the Newspaper Industry was one of the largest in the area for Newsprint, and plenty of GUV newspaper traffic was despatched several times a day 7 days a week, which surely screams out for a few scenarios utilising the locomotives included, and some new tatty BR Blue GUV stock in the proposed Wagon Pack DLC from DTG in future, would be very welcome.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

It seems a bit quiet on NTP lately. Is it still planned for release tomorrow? Thanks.

11. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

Its being released and theres a dev stream playthtough on twitch 19:30 gmt

12. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thanks Rob, glad I asked. But tuning into Matt's stream, the TSW release they're looking at is TSW: Ruhr-Sieg Nord on the PS4. Will there be anything about the Pennine route?
    edit: Oh, did you mean 19:30 tomorrow for the dev stream on the new route?

13. hightower

hightower Guest

It’s out tomorrow and many many people have pre-ordered it. Fear not. They’ve been trailing it daily for the last week...have you not seen it?!

There are two devstreams tomorrow, one at 1800GMT for NPL and then a second one after it by Matt who will be showing progress with the editor.

14. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Thanks Hightower. I've preordered it as well, about 20 minutes after I got the email about it. Really looking forward to it. As luck would have it I'm also on holiday tomorrow afternoon and all day Friday. So if it does come out at some time tomorrow that would be quite convenient for me.
    Wasn't trying to have a pop at DTG, just concerned that I hadn't seen any more articles about it after the pre-order one, or trailing of it. Maybe I'd been looking in the wrong place though. Thanks.

15. hightower

hightower Guest

They’ve been counting down daily on their social media channels so it’s all good. Normally Steam release these DLC between 1700-1800GMT...shame it’s not earlier.

Bit of a bummer you’re away...like a kid at Christmas ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  16. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

Not away, just not working ;)
    Guess I'll need to find something else to do before 6pm...

• Like Like x 1
  17. tbaac

tbaac Well-Known Member

I had a look on their twitter feed, some interesting screenshots in there.
    And I was just watching Alan Thomson's youtube video on the updates to the Class 66, so maybe I can give GWE another look tomorrow afternoon :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

And the 43.

19. hightower

hightower Guest

It’ll pass the time :) I misread your post that you were away on holiday. Sorry!

20. TheCadManFan

TheCadManFan Well-Known Member

Only got around to buying WSR yesterday (having bought the physical game on release day). Might not wait as long for this one, i'll wait for gameplay before I decide.

21. Puffing Nora

Puffing Nora Guest

Yup- almost hit the purchase button just now, literally had the mouse hovering over the button- then I thought why are they not streaming while the sale is still on, why are they not streaming before release, what is the history of the quality of dlc releases like upon which I have to base my decision.. and the mouse cursor moved away. I really wanted to buy it but not if its a buggy mess, and here is where the whole history of buggy dlc releases came home to roost. Unless I can see it before release, I'm not buying that its suddenly broken the mould of buggy lifeless products. Sad face :(

• Like Like x 2
  22. hightower

hightower Guest

Do it. You only live once!

Might I suggest you get RSN too...you know how skeptical I’ve been, well that DLC showed me that they really are making strides in every respect. If this has been given the same treatment we’re in for some TSW fun!

• Like Like x 3
  23. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Dear Steve,

Where is the manual ????????????????????????????????????

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2018
  24. LastTrainToClarksville

One of the tutorials suggests consulting the manual, but, of course, doesn't bother to reveal its secret location. Would a link be absolutely impossible?

User manuals have always been included with TS add-ons and neatly installed in an easily found folder. Why isn't this done with TSW manuals?

• Like Like x 2
  25. ex_railwayman

26. LastTrainToClarksville

That's a cute way to put it, but thanks anyway. Why can't TSW manuals just be handled the same way as TS manuals? -- That's not a question for you -- I'm just ruminating.

BTW: are you the same ex-railwayman who's been on RWA for years?

27. TrainSim-Steve

Hi Guys,

Here's a rough wip Service Mode Timetable - still some things to tidy up on it but wanted to get this in your hands for the weekend.

As always, appreciate any feedback.

Best, Steve

• Like Like x 11
  28. bobroper

bobroper New Member

Please tell me this route will be available for Train Simulator

29. ex_railwayman

Yes, and UKTS and train-sim, that is me.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  30. ryanm#5130

ryanm#5130 New Member

I play Xbox 1 and I found a bug where yo go into camera mode. Put the camera besides a wall or fence, and move the camera up against the wall and go down to the floor at the same time. Your camera will clip under the world.

31. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

I play Xbox 1 and I found a bug where yo go into camera mode. Put the camera besides a wall or fence, and move the camera up against the wall and go down to the floor at the same time. Your camera will clip under the world.

6 years a new record.????? :D