Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

I did notice the comparatively bland trackbed and scenery around Mainz Hbf in the beginning (although this type of trackbed can admittedly also been seen on well-received routes like Tharandter Rampe). Thankfully, both got better almost immediately as the train started approaching the Rhine Valley.
    Maybe a different developer was responsible for the scenery in and around Mainz. Reconstructing the old main station which no longer exists must have been very time-consuming, so I guess this is why they weren’t able to put as much detail into the trackbed. On the other hand, their reference pictures could have also shown literally no vegetation next to the tracks in that area, which would make its relatively bland representation in the game accurate.

• Like Like x 2
  2. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

The sounds of 103 seemed very similar to 110. Does anyone know if this is the case IRL or have they just recycled them?

3. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

Take a look yourself ! Its even on the left rhine in the video.

• Like Like x 2
  4. nwp1

nwp1 Well-Known Member

Hi Alex. Have watched the stream last night and thought that the route looked so lovely, definitely some of the best scenery I have seen in TSW so far. However I thought that the River Rhine looked very poor. The Rhine is a very busy river and DTG have included less traffic than you would find on the River Tamar!!! Please can we have some river cruise boats and passenger ferries. Also has the Lorelie mermaid monument statue been included on the other far side as I believe it can be seen from the railway.

Maybe the route as shown last night was not the release version and these points are being included, if so sorry for mentioning it. I thought the stations and castles were superb and hope to see more traffic on the river once it is launched.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Well, in fairness, most places won't let you crawl all over their valuable locomotive with cameras. DTG made a deal with some particular museum or heritage RR, one whose 103 happens to be in a 1980s configuration. (Incidentally, the non-standard red frame rails were not an era thing, just a variant paint job).

6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Based on YouTube videos I've watched on the 103 and 110, they sound similar. Maik Goltz would know since he was involved in sound in think.

• Like Like x 1
  7. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

As I said in my first comment, I thought you did well. There were basically no awkard pauses, you moved the conversation along at a good pace with just the right amount of jokiness, IMO. And I didn't see any "over"excitement - possibly because I share your apparent enthusiasm for locos from that era.

I also agree with others here that we need more cat.

• Like Like x 2
  8. solicitr

It would be unsurprising, since the 103 was from an engineering perspective a bigger, badder 110: same thing, just more.

• Like Like x 4
  9. gogglesguy

gogglesguy Well-Known Member

I suppose it's not necessary the lack of vegetation that bothers me, but more the lack of detail.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

As promised, I have made a suggestion for a Freight+Passenger expansion pack including the BR 120, InterRegio coaches, the BR 140, some freight wagons and some potential extra goodies for Linke Rheinstrecke, which would help round out the selection of trains for this route to a more realistic leve.

• Like Like x 4
  11. bljohansson#4171

bljohansson#4171 Active Member

It's definitely true for consoles. I guess your feeling that way could come from the forums now being mashed together. I'd ask that you don't outright dismiss it without finding out what platform it concerns as it's quite a serious issue for some of us.

• Like Like x 2
  12. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I am not dismissing it at all, but I can only speak from my experience, I keep reading that TSW3 is a stutter fest and if you read some posts bordering on unplayable. I have noticed with a couple of routes, CCL in particular that they have become less stuttery, when I first played CCL it stuttered often but now apart from a small section around Reddich where it sometimes hangs it runs a lot smoother.

There are many console players on here who are regular posters who don't seem to be mentioning it often if at all, unless maybe we all just get used to them.

13. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

agreed.

• Like Like x 13
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I’m just seeing a lot of the typical TSW problems that are just not being fixed and keep on coming up. It’s frustrating because I want to like the route but they don’t make it easy.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bljohansson#4171

Some people exaggerate imho. It's not helpful and I can see why you'd feel compelled to offer up your own experience. But, is TSW3 more laggy and stuttery than TSW2? Yes, definitely - at least on console. I'm on XSX and I've driven Bremen - Oldenburg a bunch today and there are 6-7 places along the route where the game actually hangs up to 1.5s, just as an example.

Sorry for being off-topic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  16. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Well that isn't good certainly.

17. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Community Manager Staff Member

I'll make sure they're included as a guest appearance (not much of a speaker) in the next RFTV opportunity ;)

• Like Like x 10
  18. solicitr

It's a great idea, but I'm not sure DTG would stretch as far as two all-new locos for an expansion pack. Perhaps more reasonably, the 140 (presumably an easier project given its commonalities with the 110), IR coaches, and 101 substitutions. (and if the 140 is ocean blue/ivory, which many still were at the time, it would help with the "small steps into the past" process. Heck, I think I've seen pics of green 140s with DBAG logos.)

• Like Like x 1
  19. bdobronz1968

bdobronz1968 Active Member

I liked the stream very much. But I hope the spelling errors are fixed in the release version: It’s called „Budenheim“ not „Büdenheim“ and „Bad Kreuznach“, not „Bad Kreuzen“. It would be a shame if this very beautiful route would be spoiled by such sloppy mistakes.

• Like Like x 4
  20. jolojonasgames

I know, but be ambitious and keep expectations low ;)

Also, yes there's actually a picture of a green 140 with DB AG logos in the linked suggestion. The linked suggestion also contains details. I'm actually proposing seperate passenger and freight DLCs which can be sold in a bundle aswell.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks, redrev1917. Now I know how to get an immediate response from DTG.

Simply surreptitiously hide my question wrapped inside a discussion about cats.

That'll do it!! ;)

22. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Alex, can you shed more light on the river traffic? It has been mentioned in the stream the ships should run on the river, but only a couple of stationaries could be seen. Was the moving barge from Bremen, also very conveniently equipped with LD capabilities, not used? We're talking about the busiest river in Europe. Thank you in advance. Give your cat a pat pat for us.

• Like Like x 1
  23. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If the DB Baureihe 140 were made it needs Produktfarben Deutsche Bundesbahn Ozeanblau Green & Verkehrsrot seen here

DB Baureihe 141 Grün Produktfarben Ozeanblau colors seen here

151 if made same paint as the 140 & 141 if made for the route. Some 151s need blau beige with Warning Triangles for C-Akv couplers these will fit here and Bremen Oldenburg to Hude for Nordenham or all the way to Oldenburg for Emden since both have an Iron Ore loading facility. video of 151 Iron Ore train for this route if applicable & layer to Bremen Oldenburg

• Like Like x 3
  24. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

One more baffling project management decision IMO. Why develop this route if you can't/won't build it properly? They have to anticipate the flak they're getting, right??

This is weird. I play on Series X as well as PC and i've never experieced anything like that on Bremen or anywhere else tbh. Yes, i get the UE4 microstutters, which are unavoidable but nothing like what you describe.

It's strange to me that performance seems to vary so wildly on a closed console spec, but you're definitely not the first one to bring it up.

Out of curiosity, do you use the VRR feature on the Series X? I do and maybe that makes a difference with keeping the framerates smoother?

Fwiw i get better performance from TSW3 on both platforms then i ever did with TSW/TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  25. bdobronz1968

BRO is heavily stuttering on Xbox Series S at some spots, for example while crossing the bridge right behind Bremen Neustadt Station. I guess these stuttering will occur on Koblenz - Mainz as well.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

DTG Alex I have one more to add to the list:

The Hektometer board is clipping into the station name board at Boppard Hbf (Twitch timestamp 1:21:53):

board2.jpg

board1.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  27. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

Could we please get exterior/interior screenshots of the Avmz-coach? It could not really be seen in the stream.

• Like Like x 2
  28. solicitr

Yes, but those were the prototypes, and they often have old-style or nonstandard paint. The prototype n-Wagen were green; the prototype E 03s had (and still have) nonstandard versions of the TEE livery.

29. bljohansson#4171

I allow VRR, yes. If you think about it, the number of DLC, services and even weather put together in this game make for the possibility of almost entirely different gaming experiences, even on the same platform.
    Anyway, this is my experience. This occurs more or less severe than what you see here several times during the route. Notice how even the sound cuts out. The resolution is downgraded by youtube from beautiful 4K and not representative of the original clip or the game btw.

And apologies. I won't derail this topic any further.

• Like Like x 1
  30. rennekton#1349

They released a video showing the coaches and locomotives

31. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

And you can't see the first class coach at all. ;)

32. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

My cat watched the stream with me. For the first time I watched on the big TV instead of my iPad because I wanted to see this preview more clearly. I was very impressed. The cat was not bothered either way.

Some compromises have obviously had to be made when developing this route, like with most TSW content, but overall I liked what I saw and some great chat from Alex and information from Lukas, when he could be heard. I now want a middle ages river traffic simulator with multiple stops to pay tolls along the way.

Anyway, good stream, great route, great trains, I’m not waiting for a sale for this route as I’m getting it as a birthday present. That means I’ll buy TSG’s route when that releases to get layers on this as soon as possible and of course that route’s expected greatness. It will be interesting to see the feedback that gets. Looking forward to driving all the new old trains in my collection.

• Like Like x 7
  33. cloudyskies21

cloudyskies21 Well-Known Member

Hi Alex, thanks for acknowledging feedback. I think you did a good job with the stream overall, I can assume it's no easy job hosting, but well done anyway.
    Unfortunately Bremen for me is by far the worst for stuttering/micropauses on Series X - and it's a real shame because the actual route/timetable I love. It's odd, because none of the other routes I own have anyway near the amount of stuttering.

34. bdobronz1968

[/QUOTE]
    I‘d hoped that they will fix the stuttering as they did on SKA, which was stuttering much right after the release but works fine for me now. But unfortunately they didn‘t fix BRO’s performance till now, although these kind of problems can be tracked and fixed relatively easy using automatic testing.

• Like Like x 1
  35. oliverristau#4036

oliverristau#4036 Active Member

Hello everyone, does anyone know if you can travel the DB 103 in the creators club

36. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

Yes, you can put it in the creators club.

37. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

For those not happy about the 110 on freight. I was playing RSN last night and there was a 110 subbed in on one of the freight services.

I wasn't too happy with that but nothing can be done about it.

38. TrainsMag795

TrainsMag795 Member

Please give me a loco without wonky operating procedures and a steering wheel. Midland Mainline can't get here fast enough.

39. dbrunner#4864

dbrunner#4864 Well-Known Member

Do you really believe that an 110 tons 6 axle 7000+kw loco (103) would sound the same as an 85 tons 4 axle 3700Kw one (110)? Just by common sense without even comparing the real sounds what would you think?

Only if you get the right answer take a look at this video of 103

The sounds of the real version of this loco are quite a visceral audio experience and you will see they are different than the 110 recycled sounds from DTG version (no suprise there) When this monster came out this was one of the most powerful locomotives in the world, able to peak at 10.000kw of power for short duration. As comparison a Taurus (BR182) has around 6600kw of power :). This thing growls when you drive it giving you a sense of power (VR TSC 103 was spot on), did not get same impression from the stream

40. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

Hopefully, it was JUST the stream, they need to NAIL the 103.

• Like Like x 2
  41. jolojonasgames

Apperantly Maik worked on it, which does instill some trust in me. I'm curious to see the release stream and potentially get my hands on it myself.

• Like Like x 1
  42. rennekton#1349

Maik worked on the locomotive which was mentioned in stream. It's likely cuz he probably didn't have access to real sound recordings so he had to borrow some sounds and synthesize some to make this possible.

43. driverwoods#1787

You are correct and if you watch that video it's actually running on Nahverkehr Dresden Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe Riesa Großenhain Cottbuser Bahnhof Meißen Triebischtal-Dresden Hbf. What I can probably see here is that it will be the museum train although missing the proper set up the TEE Rheingold observation car.

44. solicitr

The observation cars only ever ran on the Rheingold and Rheinpfeil; other TEEs didn't have them.

45. driverwoods#1787

Thank you for telling me about that and from what I can see they actually fit here chose both of those TEE trains actually used Linke Rheinstrecke Koblenz Frankfurt am Main Hbf via Mainz Hbf & Bingen Stadt

46. solicitr

Yes, but by 1997 both the observation cars and the TEE itself were long gone.

• Like Like x 4
  47. driverwoods#1787

Get it now and for the 103 it should have a future Update to run TEE Rheingold & Rheinpfeil Observation car as a Museum train.
    Suited routes are Linke Rheinstrecke & Nahverkehr Dresden
    Videos

Location is at Oberwesel

• Like Like x 1
  48. Omnicitywife

Omnicitywife Well-Known Member

They probably know that it won't ever change and that there isn't any point to complain about it anymore.

I could go on for days, but I won't.

• Like Like x 1
  49. Chas

Chas Well-Known Member

Hmmm... here we go again. Anyone remember the old Derek Nimmo stuttering P....P...Pickup a penguin ads?

Still miserably failing to sell the annoying D...D...Dodo that is TSW3?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  50. driverwoods#1787

You are correct however they could have simply done the railways own museum DB Eisenbahnmuseum Koblenz Lützel which actually runs the original prototype E01 003 DB Baureihe 110.3 Rheingold Niddertalbahn DB Baureihe 218