Route Linke Rheinstrecke - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by TrainGeek08, Mar 9, 2023.

1. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

I couldn’t agree more. It makes me nervous when DTG starts looking at feedback on this forum to decide which game changes to make.

Feedback is important in game improvement. However, it seems that this forum has lately become dominated by a negativity where good gameplay is overlooked in the relentless pursuit of bugs and other shortcomings.

The minor flaws of the game are allowed to overshadow all the things that make playing the game enjoyable and all the incredible strides that have been made since TSW first launched.

I’m not denying that there aren’t some significant flaws. However, I do miss the “days gone by” when this forum seemed to have more of an emphasis on sharing information to make the game more enjoyable.

• Like Like x 14
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. Scott295

Scott295 Well-Known Member

That is intended behaviour. PZB only works to the confines of the mode you have selected and it won't know about any other restrictions such as loco speed limits.. It is the responsibility of the driver to select the correct mode and to abide by any other such restrictions within it.

3. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

I would say

a) I love it, it's a wonderful part of the world, and makes me wish I was there and nostalgic for then.
    b) all these concerns still apply https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...lenz-feedback-thread.65782/page-2#post-618323

Therefore my hope is that this - and all routes but this in particular - receives continuous improvement, as more becomes possible, as more rolling stock becomes available. It has so much potential.

• Like Like x 2
  4. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

A few niggles here.
    • Firstly = river
    • Secondly , do they not make other bikes in germany
    • Third , Passengers stare at windows rather than walk to open doors
    • Fourth - What artist put something like farm trailers (manure spreader) in Koblenz station in a place where it is locked in with no roads, method of getting in or out. Send this person out to the pasture and show them that a tractor and/or trailer would not break TSW immersion in such a way.
    Screenshot (462).jpg Screenshot (463).jpg Screenshot (464).jpg Screenshot (465).jpg Screenshot (466).jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. chieflongshin

AND we have an old TSW issue back whereby in the 103 the sifa button does not respond to the tap on a keyboard, neither are any of the three animated in cab on the castle tour guide scenario.

You have to hold the sifa button for a response. This was something I remember Matt highlighted nearly two years ago

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. chieflongshin

And turning up all three brightness levels on the gauges which the "i" key would normally illuminate does not light up any gauges
    (sorry for spam, typing these issues live as I see them) - Which is a bit weird...

7. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

switch on the back wall

8. chieflongshin

I'll retract my above on your info. Thank you .

9. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

What I have noticed that there is some strange behaviour with the HUD in relation to the speed signs... It's not 100% correct.... DTG have to check this....

10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

PZB only checks PZB speed limits- 160 in Mode O in the absence of a limiting signal. It knows nothing of loco or consist Vmax.

• Like Like x 3
  11. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

The only thing on BRO that should give you PZB penalty braking is GPA speed check sections before speed reductions. Perhaps they're encountering those.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

Not gonna lie, I’m having a blast with this one, even with its imperfections.
    The 103 is a fun little rocket once it gets going. And it’s an engaging drive with all the grades and curves.
    And the the route itself is awesome. The scenery is laid out nicely; it makes me feel like I’m there- although the foliage popping in all over the place is a little annoying in the denser foliage areas.
    Really great ambience though, letting the 103 rip against a really great backdrop.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Played the BR110 freight service 63759. I think the expected arrival time in the timetable does not take into account that a player in PZB mode M can't go faster than 120 Km/h, so it is not possible to do it on time.

Also can't get enough points for a gold medal. I don't think the arrival time is counted for the points, so I guess that I just cant travel enough metres to make the required points.

Additionally, the stop marker at Koblenz is way too close to the red signal.

PS: This is just an example, but I guess many of the freight services will have the same problems.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  14. chieflongshin

I wish there was a technique they could use thin ale foliage pop in and shadow pop in less jarring

• Like Like x 4
  15. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

I have to admit, same here. It’s so amazing for me to finally get some vintage stuff with TSW’s visual quality (something Zusi just can’t compete with) that I’m enjoying the route regardless of the issues for now. I agree with the points jolojonasgames raises. The brakes on the 103 feel like they can’t be right. Happy to be corrected by Maik but something feels off. The sounds of the 103 do lean a bit much in the 110 direction but I can live with that if it’s between getting a 103 at all or not.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

I've had a few runs up and down, and overall I enjoy this route a lot. There is a lot of detail in the scenery, which is very dense throughout the route. The 103 also feels and sounds nice, and I love the new IC vagons with route plates, and vagon numbers, instead of a modern PIS.

I really hope that DTG, for a change, quickly irons out the few issues that there are, but, tbh, I don't have my hopes ups. Especially after Trenton, which is still waiting for essential fixes, weeks after release.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

I can't for the life of me find the PZB mode switch on the BR110... anyone have a clue please?

• Like Like x 1
  18. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

The "shadow bubble" is awful again - just a few meters out in front. First thing I noticed and turned off shadows completely.

19. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

It's in the second cab, on the place where the pantograph selection is in the first cab.
    upload_2023-3-18_10-16-50.png

It also took me a while to find. If only there was a way how have all the controls documented somewhere... in a easy to reference form. I don't know, maybe as a pdf...
    But I guess noone figure how to do that yet... /sarcasm

DTG, you really need to up your game on manuals. Changing PZB mode is basic operation, and if I would want to play "where is waldo" I wouldn't be starting your game.

• Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  20. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

They do, see WCL for reference. And the layers are awful, they are a fantasy and so totally unrealistic it is laughable. So for a "rivet counter" who likes to recreate a past period they are a joke. Therefore if I play WCL I have to uninstall content!

They should make the selectable not err on the side of those for whom realism isn't so important as for some of us it does harm the experience.

• Like Like x 2
  21. Cygnific

Cygnific Well-Known Member

I really like this route, the scenery and landscape looks great overall. Stations all have unique (floor) textures and grunge dirt effects and lots of attention to detail on the route itself. For me it's on par with Dresden-Riesa.

22. DenisJura

DenisJura Member

It's ok thanks a lot !

23. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

In addition to the performance slumps that do occur, what bothers me the most on such a demanding route as the Rhine route is the foresight:

[​IMG]

For me, that destroys the whole immersion, which makes everything in the distance look oversimplified and washed out.

And it is very noticeable here that building types are repeated over and over again, as only a handful of new houses have been added. This is particularly noticeable in the old towns.

Too bad, I thought the Rhine route could become my favorite route, but that's not the case.

• Like Like x 3
  24. andrewandjane66

andrewandjane66 Well-Known Member

I've run the route once in each direction and consider it DTG's best route in ages.
    If anyone is put off by some of the comments on here, don't be.

• Like Like x 10
  25. Xander1986

This is a limitation from the UE i guess and have nothing to do with DTG... In TSC is that also a known issue. Its how the rendering is in modern engines.

• Like Like x 1
  26. TripleJ814

TripleJ814 Well-Known Member

Unsure if it's been mentioned already or not but please consider disabling the substitution of the LFR 110 into previously released german routes. (and the Bremen 110 too)

Also, Snow Buildup, being a TSW 3 core feature, should be standardized on all new routes.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  27. jolojonasgames

So, I've decided to make a list of things I like about LFR, things that I feel need to be improved and things I hope will come. At the end there's a section with things I have questions about.

Good
    • The timetable is honestly quite good and varied, it has many overtakes and interesting patterns, and reflects the route and it's role as a major north-south connection very well.
    • Generally the scenery is quite good and immersive.
    • Stations and signal boxes look especially good and really reflect the '90s well with the non-standardized platforms.
    • Rolling stock choice feels good (to start off with)
    • The '90s are a very welcome break from all the traffic red and modern engines and units we've seen so far.
    • The interaction and timing together with Niddertalbahn is very nice.
    Need to be improved
    • Signal sequences need to be looked at properly. There's a lot of weirdness going on making it very frustrating to play, especially with PZB and knowledge of how the signals are supposed to work.
    • Routing for some services is weird, leading to unannounced diversions over switches that are only safe for 40km/h while you're doing 160 km/h. (I've previously in this thread outlined IC 822 and EC 8 as two services that have this issues).
    • HUD doesn't reflect route speed limits accurately, sometimes being to early, sometimes being too late.
    • River, need I say more.
    • The Karlsruher cab car has a weird effect when you jump to the '2' camera where the headlights and destination board look like they have some weird LOD things going on.
    • The Karlsruher cab car destination blind still resets like on BRO initially (this has been fixed there I believe).
    • Fixes to the BR 110 in Livery Designer, currently you can't place things further than halfway down.
    • There still seem to be some issues with cars going through crossing gates.
    • BR 110 shouldn't sub into modern routes, especially in orient red (I don't mind the traffic red, as it seems to be only when you select it as a player).
    • UK license plates on German cars.
    • The names of Bingen Hbf and Bingen Stadt are listed as 'Bingerbrück' and 'Bingen', their older names (before 1993), in the timetable. This is incorrect and should be fixed.
    • The destination boards on the IC coaches say "IC/EC xxx: Linke Rheinstrecke", or the translated variant of it. It should read "IC/EC xxx: *name of the train, i.e. Steigerwald*". If the game can read wether the service is an IC or EC and which number, it should also be able to read it's name right?
    • There's no physical snow buil up, even though this came on routes before this. It's really a let down when playing in wintery conditions.
    • The fan sounds are incredibly loud in the cab. I get that these are old locomotives that had loud fans in real life, but it shouldn't be the same in the cab as outside the loco I think.
    What I hope will come
    • PIS. I really miss this as it gives you information on what's going on with the trains around. I love lookin at them and seeing where the trains you meet are going, and I also really like the looks of the '90s PIS. Hopefully it will come.
    • IR coaches (in a future DLC)
    • An engine like the BR 140 for freight, maybe with some more freight waggons and use of the ES50 waggon from Niddertalbahn (in a future DLC)
    • The BR 110 on some higher level services (like the Airport intercity, which IRL only ran with 4 coaches, or the occasional IR service)
    • The removel of the Karlsruher cab car from D-trains. A cab car isn't really realistic on these services, they should all be loco hauled n-Wagen, and then loco hauled IR coaches if those ever come. Remember, these were nightly (international) long distance trains with sleeper coaches being quite common.
    • Some shunting oppertunities with the BR 365.
    • More liveries (orient red BR 103, blue/beige BR 110, silver n-Wagen, etc.), though I really do hope that DTG doesn't try to sell those at a high price as I think they should have come with the route.
    • A variant of the BR 103 without the skirt and physical logo for Livery Designer, as it's currently quite weird to make liveries for it.
    • Being able to walk through the BR 103 side corridor. This would be really convenient, and it seems all modelled down there, so why not let us walk there?
    • BR 101 substitution on some top line services.
    • A bit more variation in consist length. 14 coach Intercities weren't uncommon from time to time, it would be nice to see some more variety there.
    • Improved church models. The ones on this route are just a let down, in general and especially in comparison to real life. They're reused low quality models.
    • (More general, but) improvement to the newest lighting so I can actually still see in summer conditions without being blinded by shiny ballast.
    What I wonder about
    • Is the BR 103's braking really accurate? It puts down over 5 bars with even small brake applications, making it really difficult and weird to brake. This can't be correct right?
    • Is some of the signage supposed to be reflective? I get the feeling that the speed signage etc. isn't reflective, but I don't know if these already were in 1997.

• Like Like x 7
    • Helpful Helpful x 3
  28. ted#5972

ted#5972 Member

Enjoying the route, rattling along in the n-wagen, but having repeated problems with red signals.

29. Perks390

Perks390 Well-Known Member

I've noticed the same issue, in BRO the HUD displayed the max speed for the train (normally 120kph for freights and 140kph for the cab car) but it doesn't seem like it's being implemented into this route weirdly.

• Like Like x 4
  30. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Nice route!

Some small things:
    On the collectible routemaps it reads "Ingleheim" instead of "Ingelheim".
    The parked cars have "British" licence plates (front white, rear yellow), although we are in Germany.

31. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

Thank you for this comprehensive list. I'll add a few things (hoping the dev team will see your list and my additions):

Yes! This is giving me uncomfortable TSC vibes (as it's, I'm afraid to say, quite sloppy in places). When coming into Bingenbrück Rangierbahnhof, there's no warning of an upcoming red signal, you go over the 500 Hz magnet and boom, Zwangsbremsung. If you know about this and slow down beforehand, you see that the red signal has a "Rangiersignal" switched to go. AFAIK, this is not correct at all, since you're coming from outside the station. It should be a green main signal. Same thing happened to me coming into Mainz on a passenger service.

As I said in a previous comment: walking to the other cab inside the BR 103. The space is modelled, it's necessary before every service to switch on PZB and SiFa. I imagine it's not a huge task to define the space as walkable. Why didn't they?

This is much, much more important than my walkable loco corridor. This again gives me bad TSC vibes: Basically, the maximum usable brake setting is 2 (19%), after that it's just unrealistically strong. It looks like the brake cylinders put on far too much pressure.

Haven't tried that one yet, but in general throughout the game I wish we could start with snow on the ground but clear skies under dynamic weather. I suspect though that that's a limitation of the dynamic weather that'd be hard to work around.

All in all, I really like this route. The locos look great, the scenery is great, there are varied options.... I just wish the braking and signalling was better.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  32. jolojonasgames

I feel like that is just a missing weather preset for dynamic weather, and I would also really like to see it. I agree with your general points and will update my list with some of your stuff too :)

• Like Like x 1
  33. jolojonasgames

I have now tried, and LFR doesn't seem to have snow buildup. That is really a big shame, as I expected this feature to be standard for routes now, and it is a huge improvement to the look and feel of routes in winter.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  34. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

I forgot something quite important that has been mentioned by others as well: the fan sounds in the cab on both locos. The compressor and the engines themselves are fairly faint, but the fans sound the same outside the loco and inside the cab. That can't be right and should be adjusted.

• Like Like x 1
  35. florians#7620

florians#7620 Well-Known Member

On Timetable service SE 3352 I have been stuck at a red signal for 25 mins exactly 7km away from Koblenz. Two other trains are stuck ahead of me as well that can‘t enter the station

36. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

So the game pass discount finally kicked in yesterday evening so I’ve bought it and played about 3 - 4 hours.

I like it a lot. I won’t list my good and bad points as they’ve all been covered already and for the most part, I agree with them.

The two most annoying things for me though are :
    • Lack of PIS. Even if it’s not working it would be nice to see it.
    • The 103 Wipers. Every run I’ve done has snowed or rained. It’s really getting on my nerves that the connecting bar detaches itself on each sweep. Once I saw it I can’t un see it.
    Generally though, happy with my purchase and looking forward to seeing some fixes.

I didn’t see all the preview of Niddertalbahn last night, but I think the DMU from that laters in? If so that will be nice to give it a bit of a faster tun.

• Like Like x 1
  37. lux#4689

lux#4689 Well-Known Member

The brakes of the 110 on BRO were already too strong.
    Same for the 110 here on LFR.
    But the brakes of the 103 are even more overpowered.

• Like Like x 3
  38. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Spot on end regarding the corridor on DB Baureihe 103 it should be where Linienzugbeeinflussung Punktförmige Zugbeeinflussung Sifa switches are. Basically you have to run it like a DR Baureihe 250 which is the original designation for DB & Pressnitztalbahn Baureihe 155 for PZB LZB & Sifa

39. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

There are a couple of speed reduction warning and signage missing going in the Mainz direction. There is also a warning of a drop to 120kph and the track speed is actually 100kph when you get to it.

• Like Like x 6
  40. graham.haddon

graham.haddon Well-Known Member

Defintiely agree with the brakes being far to strong and speed signage track side and in the hud could do with being looked at please.

• Like Like x 3
  41. Xander1986

There is a solution to make the brake of the locomotive more realistic.... In the room behind the driver there is a yello switch wat standard is activate at brake mode R what means "rapid braking" this is not the correct setting... IC/EC or IR with in the game 9 coaches you have to switch to braking mode "P" for passenger.... I hope this brings more realism now in game and more realistic breaking force.

See the picture below...
    [​IMG]

• Helpful Helpful x 3
  42. TKessel

TKessel Well-Known Member

No it has not been fixed ;-)
    Nope...Video is made in "P" mode with 60% brakes applied, this is no emergency braking or "schnellbremsung"

• Like Like x 2
  43. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

It happens to me with the locomotive DB 103. When I start braking, the transformer disconnects me. I have to turn it on every time I brake. Is there a way to keep the transformer from shutting down?

• Like Like x 1
  44. Monder

Monder Well-Known Member

This probably also confirms none of the testers ever run without the HUD... what IS actually being tested? Missing scenery is not found, safety system bugs are not found and now signaling gets through to release in a dire state...

• Like Like x 5
  45. Xander1986

Okay :(

46. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

I saw the same post on rail-sim.de and tried it out. I can't say I see any big difference in braking behaviour.

• Like Like x 1
  47. vicarious

vicarious Active Member

If you look for strict realism on DTG's German routes you will be disappointed. There are IC trains with no dining cars, Nightjet trains with no sleeping cars (!), drivers wearing out of date uniforms, city details that are just wrong (e.g. Wuppertal) and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  48. redtrainz

redtrainz Active Member

That may be so, but they could have just used the IC coaches and slapped a really simple two-step paint job on them and it would have had a much more realistic feel. Some people probably would still complain, but I would have a much easier time believing that I'm driving a "Riviera Express".

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  49. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

You need to have the tap changer down to 0* before you apply brakes, otherwise the main breaker will open to prevent damage to the transformer.

*The actual tap setting, on the display, not just turning the wheel back to 0- there's a delay.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  50. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

R is the correct setting.

• Like Like x 2