Would Love To See All Main German Cities Connected

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChooChooKeith, Dec 28, 2018.

1. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

Would love to know the connection routes to Frankfurt Munich And Koln. High Speed Mainly. Please let me know on routes that might connect these cities. Maybe I did not ask in the right thread so I moved this over to this one.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I've got to admit that I've been trying to patch together a map of all TS German routes so I can get a better idea of their geography. I know where the main cities are but the location of most routes and how they fit into the DB network is less clear. My map is not going well.

I would think that DTG have the same aspiration now 64bit allows for longer routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ChooChooKeith

I was hoping to see a connection with Frankfurt and Munich and then Koln or something. This would be great for long ICE runs. You could have a Connection between Munich And Frankfurt. You would have to have a scenerio from Munich to Frankfurt via Augsburg Via Karlsruhe Via Mannheim and then on to Frankfurt. The Extension would be between Augsburg and Frankfurt. That would be cool and then use the Ice Trains. Would love this if someone could do it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. ChooChooKeith

That site does not exsist or the link is broken

6. Gordon7000

Gordon7000 Active Member

Try it again. That link is working OK for me.

7. rickyt7808

rickyt7808 Member

Link works for me as well.

8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

9. ChooChooKeith

I have tried the link and it just goes to a page with ads on it. Also some of it is in German. Does nothing for me

10. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

'Also some of it is in German'

The '.de' might have been a clue...

Thanks 749006 for the link. As I'm just starting to get into German content it looks useful.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You keep asking for German Routes and I tell you a page where it is available and you don't like it because IT'S IN GERMAN :mad:
    If you are bothered about learning things and finding routes use Google to Translate the webpage.

Sheesh

12. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

749006's link should take you straight to the downloads page, it did for me just now. You can translate it to English by clicking next to the UK flag on the grey bar at the top. Alternatively, left click in the grey bar and you'll get a dropdown with an option to translate to English.

13. ChooChooKeith

\

You assume I dont do any of this which your wrong. Most of the links you have put on this have not even worked or have just a bunch of ads on the page. You just think throwing links to someone is helping.

14. ChooChooKeith

I know its in German I can read ..

15. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Keith, can you link us to the site that you are getting?

16. ChooChooKeith

Nice to know that you send a German website and yes can be converted but there are no new addons. They have the same routes that are located on the workshop. Why would I want to goto a website with the same damn content. Kind of dumb. i am not asking for German routes either I am asking for Extensions to German routes. Maybe thats not obvious to you by the title of the damn thread.

17. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Ok, we try and help, perhaps we shouldn't bother.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Medellinexpat

I kind of think we shouldn't bother but

- look on Steam
    - look at third party vendors (so for Germany someone like Aerosoft might be a suggestion)
    - look on the workshop
    - look on local freeware sites which a) may not be in English and b) to pay for themselves might carry ads

If you can't find what you're looking for there - you're out of luck

The good advice that 749006 was giving is that if you want country specific content there are often good freeware sites for those countries. They may have links in them to other sites with content for that country.

The other lesson is that while there's a lot of content that is available for TS1 but not everything exists. If there isn't a payware route for someone to build a freeware route (or extension), particularly something like a high speed route between cities is a huge undertaking. Therefore there's a very good chance that it doesn't exist.

I would guess that just about everyone who plays TS1 has at least one piece of content they really wished existed - but it doesn't. Such is life.

• Like Like x 2
  19. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I have had a Question about something in the Game that is German I ask a Question in the RailSim.de Forum in ENGLISH and I get a reply in ENGLISH.

But because it's not Exactly what you want and even though there are a lot of Scenarios for routes you already own you are Not Interested.

I will say no more

• Like Like x 2
  20. ChooChooKeith

Thats not what I am saying. I was asking if you know or anybody knows of specifically extensions. The De website does not have that and most of the downloads are in the workshop. So no I did not find what I was looking for. I am just looking for new routes that might extend the ones I have which are not that many. I have the Frankfurt-Karlsruhe which came with TS2019 and I have Koln-Dusseldorf and Munich-Garmisch Munich-Augsburg. I was wondering on extensions that could be added. This is also why I made a thread asking if any more extensions would be made. They did it for Frankfurt-Mannheim-Karlsruhe so I figured either DTG or someone out there could tell me directly what is in the works or maybe has been made and I have just not seen it.

Thank You

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  21. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

Well the Thank You at the end of your last post is a first, although it has a rather ironic ring to it.

749006 kindly suggested that you look at that site and all you have done is complain.

People here have taken time and trouble to answer your questions and if our answers are not what you want to hear you always come back to us with this sort of attitude.

If you want help here I suggest you change your attitude and show some gratitude to those who try to help you.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  22. ChooChooKeith

I dont have Hamburg Hannover...

23. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

24. ChooChooKeith

25. Medellinexpat

The release date is in the Steam Listing. July 2013.

26. ChooChooKeith

ok so what is your point. I am asking if there are new routes out. So every route for 2019 is old? Why did they come out with TS2019 if nothing new is coming? Can never get a straight answer!!

27. ChooChooKeith

You have the worst attitude toward questions being asked here. So my thing is why have 2019 if nothing is new coming out for it. such as new routes. I bet you cannot even answer that question because you dont really know anything about the sim and the easy way out is to tell people to go look on the workshop or go look on aerosoft. I have done this. but things ought to be in the works for a new sim or product. Your answers are always so cocky!!!

28. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why is everyone hung up on everything has to be made by DTG? There are great content creators around the globe, and many of the newest published items are NOT from DTG and nobody complains...
    In fact most of what I see is people complaining about things that DTG DO release saying it's all bugged

You've had this answer again and again on many of your posts. 2019 is an update, not a major release. 2019 brought in the 64 bit engine and 64 bit creator which allows for greater memory access, but it's still the same DirectX 9.0c core engine. SO same single processor restriction, same graphics engine, same issues and more because of bugs...
    That and DLC is NOT part of the software. Everything you play is an add on! Every train, route, asset, consist, everything. None of it is part of the game itself. The game is the graphics engine, the controls and the dispatcher. This is why of my 73Gb railworks folder, 71.3Gb of it is the assets and content folders. ONLY 1.7Gb is taken up by the game itself.

We all know (because you have had this conversation many times) that you want improvements to be made. So do we. BUT we know it's not going to happen because IF they fixed certain things, IF they upgraded the engine etc etc it would stop any previous DLCs from working.
    I don't know about you but I wouldn't want my few hundred pound collection to stop working...

29. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

There, Medellinexpat answered your first question.

His point was to answer your first question. Your second question was about new routes. Why don't YOU look at the News & Updates thread or look at the store pages which give release dates. You cannot get a straight answer because WE don't work for DTG.

This is classic Keith. "You have the worst attitude" & "I bet you cannot even answer that question because you don't really know anything about the sim"

Really Keith? And you say that WE have a bad attitude.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Medellinexpat

I have come to the conclusion that the best outcome is that ChooChooKeith is a troll. At least that would explain the behavior.

When you ChooChooKeith asked whether Hamburg-Hanover was new I gave you the release date. If you’d spent any time looking at the link that 749006 had kindly given you then you could have figured it out for yourself.

This is a forum where people exchange opinions and offer advice. It’s not to hold your hand and spoon feed information you could find easily yourself. As for the abuse, if you act like a troll, expect to be treated like one, that is ignored or requests made for your banning.

And if you continually complain that answers given to you don’t answer your questions perhaps you need to spend a little more time making your questions clearer. Your original question about ‘are there linking routes’ now seems to have morphed into whether there are plans for any new routes. Fifteen minutes on this forum reading a few threads would have made it obvious that no one on here knows what routes are coming and that DTG doesn’t announce them until they are released.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
  31. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

We cannot answer a question about routes being released because only DTG knows and they don't release the info until near release date.
    They also release routes for other systems ond only ONE German Electric route was released in 2018

We are not taking the "easy way out" by saying go look on Aerosoft or the Workshop because we don't know what you have
    I suggested Hamburg to Hannover because the route has ICE trains which you seem to like and it's a long run of around 195kms
    and even then you Complain.

So I'm obviously wasting my time trying to show you something you have not seen -
    like the Hamburg - Bremen route which has been around for a bit or the new Bremen - Osnabruck - Munster route.

So just sit on your backside and don't check other routes which are not from DTG but just as good or better because they are made by people who understand the railways better.

• Like Like x 1
  32. ARuscoe

Latest route announcement made earlier today. Not a german route per se, but one from Germany across Austria

• Like Like x 2
  33. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 2
  34. ChooChooKeith

When software is released with a year attached to it. It means its usually a major release. An update would be a Build to the current edition that was out before 2019. You need to understand the stages of how software is produced. When I go from 2018 to 2019 that is a major realease with improvements and anything else that would be needed to go from 2018 to 2019. On the DLC thing if they upgrade the game itself which 2019 should have been in the first place the routes would then be improved themselves as well such as bugs with signals. To be honest the DTG routes are a lot easier to install and thats why I have asked about new routes and mainly ones that connect the ones that have already been out such as the Munich routes, you have Munich to Garmisch, Munich to Augsburg and Munich to Rosenheim. These should not be separate routes but should be combined into one. That would allow more traffic on the route which makes the experience a lot better to me where you can have scenerios going everywhere on that map and not just one place , especially using the ICE trains. Now I say the ICE trains as example. Hell you might as well make a sim that has long distance routes. Frankfurt to Munich or something. Everyone has a different preference so I get that. Some like Frieght some like passenger with short distance stops. Then you have the region problem I guess. not everyone wants to drive in England or Germany or USA or China. They came out with Editions which should include all of the routes of that region. Instead they over price the DLC to $40 a route which is just insane. Thats more the base program.

Workshop Problems
    I have visited the workshop many times and have also put my own scenerio up there. I dont have all the routes that are required with some of the ones that have been combined somehow. I have looked at Aerosoft and they are the same routes as what is in DTG store. I have done all of the things you listed above. Just wondering what people are making which seem to be just addition routes and not combinations and maybe again that is preference. Again on 64 bit which has been out for many games so really its nothing really new. Maybe for this game but not in the gaming world. So what is next really. They come out with 64 bit and then thats it??? no new routes maybe some combinations or some fixes routes that might have some bugs. So we are left with 64bit on improvements and then I will told why dont you goto TSW. Why do I want to pay for another simulator that is the same damn thing as TS but has a new engine and no additional routes. Lots of complaints on TSW as wel. Why not improve TS2019? In whatever way it can be.

35. ChooChooKeith

The Best routes to me Frankfurt to Karlsruhe and Munich to Augsburg Munich to Garmisch Koln to Dusseldor even though it needs a little bit of an imporvement done. These are solid routes though and I have enjoyed them. but my idea of extension is like the Frankfurt Karlsruhe which you have to have Mannheim with it. Those kind of routes is what I am talking about on this thread. They could extend that down to Augsburg and then you would have the complete route Frankfurt to Munich.,

36. Medellinexpat

I don't think you're going to be happy when you find out that just because two routes meet at one place doesn't mean they can't necessarily be easily joined together....

As for
    There have been several new routes released since TS2019.

You do realize that TS2019 has backward compatability - that is a new route should be able to be used on both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions albeit with potentially some performance considerations for 32 bit users?

Really? I need to talk to the software companies that I worked with. They had annual releases and they were incremental and always backward compatible.

Again really? How many non-DTG routes have you installed? Isn't Koln-Dusseldorf an Aerosoft development? Was that easy? Or are you saying DTG Published routes? If you're saying that Steam makes it easy to download routes there's some truth in that - but a) there are plenty of non-DTG developed routes on Steam and b) downloading from other developers really isn't rocket science.

• Like Like x 2
  37. ARuscoe

Part of my job as an IT Network Manager is to understand software, indeed I develop databases as part of my role. One thing I do know is that it is NOT the case that a new year means a new engine or even a major update. In fact this would be almost impossible on most platforms where there isn't a core engine change.
    YOU are working on the basis that new means all new, but that just doesn't tie up with the way things work.

Yes, long routes would be great from four hour ICE drives. Nobody will disagree with you. the problem is it doesn't work like that when it comes to DLC. Think about it like this, when the germans and dutch decided on their motorway networks they had to have had a meeting to say where they would cross the border, so they could agree on the lead up routes etc and the coordinates of the exact crossing.
    What if they hadn't had that meeting and everything was 50m out?
    That's what can happen in DLC terms. Where Munich station is in one DLC may be slightly different in another, so to merge them you would have to transform the locations to match up properly... This is why merged routes, especially across different developers or even development teams, are complex.

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

As ARuscoe says and has been confirmed by Danny on the Steam TS forum that unless the longitude and latitude coordinates correspond between the routes then they cannot be connected. Danny should know because he merges and extends many routes.
    However, if DTG had the foresight to merge these routes in the future then it might be possible.

39. ARuscoe

3D
    Latitude, longitude and altitude. I believe all three have caused issues when it comes to merged routes. I'm sure I've seen somewhere that in one representation of Leeds for example there was a ten meter discrepency in altitude on the whole map tile... Unfortunately this would mean editing every single inch of map tile as you can't just lift everything up at once.

• Like Like x 4
  40. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

You did not look very well on the workshop otherwise you would have seen what you are asking for
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...urg,+Rosenheim+&+Innsbruck+(Via+Garmisch)
    The Editions are not for people who already own TS2019 as that is included
    They are for people who have not got the game allowing them to buy TS2019 and other DLC depending on the area they like.

Why don't you like Hamburg to Hannover? It is a DTG Route via Steam so nothing to Install
    • 153km (95 mile) route from Hamburg to Hanover
    • Maschen Marshalling Yard, Uelzen Metronom Depot, Hanover Flughaven Station, Hanover Nordstadt Bahnhof and Hamburg Docks
    • DB ICE 2, DB Class 101 and DBAG Class 294
    • Scenarios for the route
    • Quick Drive compatible
    I find it a very good German route

• Like Like x 1
  41. ARuscoe

I believe the writer wants a full ICE run, not part of one. Similar to how people want the full Edinburgh to KGX rather than four separate DLC, but at least those DLC DO exist in the UK

• Like Like x 1
  42. ChooChooKeith

My thing with the long routes is that they have them with some of the routes but not others for example Frankfurt-Karlsruhe is an extension. So why not do this with Munich or is that too much You have Munich-Augsburg Munich Garmisch and Munich-Rosenheim. I would think these could have been extensions or just maybe do the extension so that you would have Munich-Frankfurt which only needs Augsburg-Karlsruhe. My main question for this though is how did they get Frankfurt-Karlsruhe to work. In the base program Frankfurt High speed and then Mannheim-Karlsruhe comes with it and they are together in the scenerios. Thats all I was asking. I never said I did not like Hamburg-Hannover though and would love it but the price is way to high. I have tried to buy it at 9.99 but they have an issue with the store where when you get to check out it says 19.99 will be charged. The sale is over now though.

43. ARuscoe

They only started doing extensions in the last year or so from what I can gather. The first I know of was the medway valley line extension to the chatham mainline
    That would account for the previous behaviours.

Yes there have been issues with the store behaviour in game, but it was ONLY in game. If you went through steam or the DTG store (whichever had the sale on at that time) it worked fine

• Like Like x 1
  44. ChooChooKeith

I will try next time maybe. yeah I saw the other extensions to other regional routes like in England Etc. I think those are pretty neat and would be great to build around if all of the routes were able to that.

45. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I personally would not like a Full ICE Route as 6h27m for a Hamburg to Munchen is too long
    Even the real drivers don't drive a section for more than 2 - 3 hours
    And in the UK the ECML is being combined but that is 4h30m on a fast train
    Something a Real Driver would not be expected to do

Just my opinion from working on Real Trains

• Like Like x 3
  46. Medellinexpat

749006 agree with you on that. Complete routes - and JT's Western Mainlines is probably the best example currency (when the last section is done) are statements by the developers - and something that players ask for, but the utility and practicality are more questionable. Often on the long routes - at least under 32 bit you have the feeling that compromises were being made to get it to run ~ no AI in Quick Drives for example. Then there's the practicality - and realism as you say - of sitting down and contemplating a Penzance to Paddington trip for six hours. Maybe once, perhaps twice, but on a repeated basis?

In the end there are many many routes that haven't yet been covered in TS1 or TSW. We've a limited amount of pay ware providers and an equally limited number of committed and skilled freeware people who can produce high quality routes. Extending routes for the sake of it, rather than covering perhaps more interesting and to date virgin territory might not be the best use of the hobby's resources.

Having said that I'll buy the Cornwall portion of JTs Western Mainlines when that is done - and the complete ECML is also likely to get my attention. But I'm far keener to see DPSimulations North East England and the new territory that adds.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  47. ChooChooKeith

What if that route was just made available then you could have major stops in between. My example would be a Frankfurt-Munich drive but with stops in Mannheim Karlsruhe Augsburg and then onto Munich. You can save the game in each of those stops but at least you get a huge route to explore and drive almost anywhere you want and do some local runs as well. Right now everyone can drive the Frankfurt-Karlsruhe length and then Augsburg to Munich but the extension is Karlsruhe-Augsburg that would link that. In UK it would be different but of course York-Kings Cross is a very long drive as well. Just another point the ICE fast trains are not for everyone. So this is preference really but could really be made like the example for Frankfurt to Munich.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  48. ARuscoe

We get your point Keith. Also, remember the KGX - Edinburgh route was done by different developers over several years so you never know what may come for you

• Like Like x 1
  49. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

There are not that many High Speed lines in the southern half of Germany.
    The line from Mannheim to Stuttgart only has a few High Speed sections and Stuttgart to Ulm is relatively slow having to climb over the mountains
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_Germany

50. ChooChooKeith

Yes you almost have to have two sections Karlsruhe to or Mannheim to Stuttgart to Munich. But is there a route with Stuttgart in it? The other line could be Frankfurt to Koln. Then you have North to South all the way to Munich which is plenty of Rail. I looked at this map before and thats why I thought some extensions could be made. but cool..

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019