London Underground's Central Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kiyoko91, Jan 22, 2019.

1. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

It's a red-color, 12 borough, 49 station & 46-mile route from West Ruislip, Northolt, Ealing Broadway or White City to Leytonstone, Newbury Park, Hainault, Woodford, Debden or Epping. They are three depots on this line: West Ruislip, White City & Hainault. Every 2 minutes between White City & Leytonstone, every 8 minutes between North Acton & West Ruislip, also every 12 minutes between North Acton & Ealing Broadway, stopping @ West Acton. And a shuttle service between Woodford & Hainault (every 20 minutes). The CL [Central Line] started in 1900 as a London Underground's [Subway Tube] fourth longest line, carring over 260 million passenger journeys [customers] travelling between east & west stations. The line goes split west & northwest of the North Acton & north of Leytonstone stations. Possible a new station with connection to the Piccadilly Line @ Park Royal. On Friday & Saturday nights [late night service], Central Line will operate from Ealing Broadway or White City to Loughton or Hainault; no service to/from Epping & West Ruislip, and again on Night Tube for Friday & Saturday nights [late night service], no service between Woodford & Hainault. There's a Hainault loop between Leytonstone & Woodford. Also between earling Broadway & Newbury park every 20 minutes. With a 1992 Stock eight-car train started in 1993, it's a 53-foot train with more than 680 cars. Automatic Train Protection [ATP] was implemented 1995-97 & ATO 1999-2001, with a centralised control centre in West London. This is a huge challenge of that route, for more than an hour. In 2030, Crossrail 2 will taking over all of Central Line's Epping Branch north of Leytonstone. If Aerosoft did the LU's Circle Line, why DoveTail can make other L.U. lines besides Central & Circle?

For more information, go to these websites on the bottom..
    https://railtransportinlondon.fandom.com/wiki/London_Underground_Central_Line

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_line_(London_Underground)#List_of_stations
    https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_line_(London_Underground)
    https://wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Underground_1992_Stock

https://london-tube-map.info/central-line/
    http://davros.org/rail/culg/central.html

[​IMG] A Central line 1992 Stock at Theydon Bois station.

[​IMG]

A Central Line London Underground train departs Perivale station.

[​IMG]

Central Line map

[​IMG]

Central Line flag

From Loughton to West Ruislip

From West Ruislip to Epping

Hainault Loop from Woodford to Gants Hill

Secrets on the Central Line

These videos are not mine.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 19
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Really want this

• Like Like x 1
  3. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

i dont want this i want sweden :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

I especially like that it can join with GWE at Ealing Broadway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Well-Known Member

Also Alex01 you shouldn't be going into other peoples threads just to dis thier proposals to promote your own wants. Its very inappropriate.

• Like Like x 7
  6. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

blablabla :):):):):):):):)

• Like Like x 1
  7. kiyoko91

If Aerosoft did WoS [World of Subways] Vol. 3: London Underground's Circle Line, why TSW can make the CL. So u live in London, do u? What's your favorite tube line?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

[removed by Protagonist]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2021
  9. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Alex, I don't think I've ever seen one post from you where I thought to myself "that's a thought out and rational post". This will be the one time I acknowledge you and it will be to tell you to improve your attitude or get off the forums. I'm frankly tired of seeing your nonsense on otherwise good discussions or topics.

Kiyoko91, I'm sorry the above post was put on your topic. it's a blight to be totally honest. Back on topic, I think this a great suggestion and I would wholeheartedly enjoy seeing this route. Thanks for sharing your idea! It's good to see some thought and care go into a suggestion rather than the usual "see title ... please add this route".

• Like Like x 3
  10. kiyoko91

It's my honor, PlatChap.

11. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

kiyoko91, We are all terribly sorry for Alex's behaviour he has been warned and banned once already for his attitude issues. I think your idea is great one and could possibly see added one day TSW.

As for you Alex01 I have asked you several times to clean up your act and so has DTG I don't think your are really getting the message.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  12. kiyoko91

Of course. If they did that by the future, I'll get a credit.

13. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Hey i only said i like nazi theres nothing wrong with that

14. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Alex that is neither here or there, these forums are strictly to talk about trains and not to get people off topic about something such as this. Besides the point the point this group prompts hatred towards certain ethnic groups and that will not be tolerated in these forums.

15. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

There have been quite a few posts for London Underground routes and if I remember it correctly one asking for the entire system. Single lines seem an easier task to me (you eliminate the need for a player to be able to move from one line to another, removing the need for a lot of station work) and in this case the Central Line has a pleasant mix of underground and surface working. Plus of course you have some decent sized branches.

One question I have is not just now, but going forward how much automation there actually is. Personally I doubt the ongoing play value of say just opening doors. To that end I’ve always wondered if retro versions made sense, where you’d have the opportunity to do more driving. Londoners and tube experts may have a better idea on this.

Commercially how successful it would be leads me to the existing World Of Subways franchise. I know that’s not a cutting edge game but how popular was that? I guess my question is based on how that game did would a TSW version do better? Yes better graphics (although in the dark tunnel from Stratford to Mile End that’s perhaps not that important) but what would this need to get enough sales to make it worthwhile?

While we wait for the editor what scenario possibilities are there in a Underground route? Stuck train, train ahead running late, train taken out of service but aren’t there a limited set of ‘circumstances’ to base a script? Does that, over time, erode play value?

The mileage looks about right for a TSW route but more than one station a mile is pretty challenging. Do we think this is a project that DTG might be able to fit within their normal timeframes (and budgets) for building a route? If we’re talking 50 stations is this the sort of route people would be prepared to pay more for?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  16. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

Hei Mr.Alex01.
    Sweden,al World hates Nazi Germany!
    Reporting to DTG..........

• Like Like x 2
  17. Alex01

Alex01 Active Member

Sweden Help the nazis

18. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

but this does not justify your previous comment

19. Trains4Days

Trains4Days New Member

I know this is a thread drift but the Piccadilly Line would also be a good route

• Like Like x 1
  20. pennine465

pennine465 Active Member

:) :(

21. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

yeah definetely nothing wrong with that...

22. PlatChap

PlatChap Well-Known Member

Good points Medelline. I thinking running that bit on Rapid Transit showed me that I would enjoy running a route underground with stations in quick succession. Albeit, the underground portion of RT was fairly short and this is personal opinion.

I like the idea of maybe setting this route in the past. The consensus on NTP seems to be majority fairly positive and I do enjoy the challenges that comes with older trains. Mastering the machine for the me can add replayability for sure.

• Like Like x 5
  23. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

The hottest temperature tube line in London, 34 degrees in the summer, the Oven Line people call it.
    Will be nice to experience this from the comfort of my room but it's ATO operation so all the driver does is hit start and the train does itself. The District, Metropolitan and Hammersmith and City Line would make a better operation.

https://www.davros.org/rail/signalling/articles/central.html

24. Trains4Days

Trains4Days New Member

What about Piccadilly LT586

• Like Like x 1
  25. metr0p0litain

metr0p0litain Active Member

ATO doesn't mean that you can't drive by yourself. There are different modes and, for me, this is more challenging to drive:

Trains have a master switch in the driving cab that can be set to one of three positions:
    • Restricted Manual
    • Coded Manual
    • Automatic
    In Restricted Manual mode the train cannot exceed 18 km/h and the motors cut out at 16 km/h. The ATP and ATO systems are disabled and the driver drives entirely by sight and according to the signals. This mode is used in depots or when the ATP system has failed in some way, and is subject to strict rules. A flashing yellow light on the front of the train indicates this mode.

In Coded Manual mode the train is being driven by the driver, but the ATP is detecting the codes in the track and restricting his or her actions. The train speedometer (in 1992 Tube Stock, at least) is of the horizontal strip type and shows two speeds - the current speed above in green and the target speed below in orange. Whenever the target speed changes (either at a section boundary or because the code being transmitted has changed) the driver hears a chime - upwards or downwards as appropriate. If the driver exceeds the speed limit for a section, the train will brake automatically until it is both below the limit and the driver presses a flashing "Alarm" button.

In Automatic mode the train is driven by the ATO system. The driver simply opens and closes the doors and presses the twin "start" button when the train is ready to leave the station. All other operation, including stopping the train at the next station, is done by the automatic systems (though of course the driver has to remain alert in case of obstructions on the line, passengers trapped in the doors, and so forth).

In all three modes the tripcocks (fitted for use on other lines) are disabled.
    (Found at https://www.davros.org/rail/signalling/articles/central.html)

I personally have some plans for underground routes but without an editor I can't test things like tunnels and equipments (everything what makes an underground interesting). So, I'm still waiting for more...

26. djos18

djos18 Member

U R RUDE

27. kiyoko91

[​IMG]
    Central Line map.

28. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Yeh men . good idea , I would like to shaw how ATO works in the game

29. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

If the central line came out, I would probably buy it, because I generally like the Underground, and there's quite a lot of track above ground on the Central line, however I think I would much prefer one of the cut and cover lines (especially the District Line) and I think I've heard DTG talking about the Piccadilly Line being a contender against the Bakerloo, so I'm not sure they'd want to do the Central. But you never know!

• Like Like x 1
  30. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I would buy the central line too

31. tibomatthijs

tibomatthijs Well-Known Member

The route looks really cool, i like the bakerloo line a lot so if they gonne make it i absolutely buy it :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. kiyoko91

So am I. If u watch full LU journeys on YouTube, you'll loved it (not my video).
    https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF66391237B0CDC7C

• Like Like x 1
  33. mayanzunga

mayanzunga Member

It's kinda long and it will be weird to have two lines deserving Oxford Circus in TSW2.
    The line is still cool.

• Like Like x 1