Cajon Pass: San Bernardino To Victorville, Ca

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Anthony Pecoraro, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Cajon Pass would make a fantastic route for TSW for several reasons. The first reason is, it is located in the desert, which is something that we have not yet seen in TSW. The second reason is that Cajon Pass has passenger and freight operations. Union Pacific and BNSF one the tracks, and the Amtrak “Southwest Chief” makes stops at San Bernardino and Victorville. Another interesting feature of this route is that there is a 2.2% grade on a section of the route. This will make for challenging freight handling. San Bernardino has a large container terminal which would also provide switching operations.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Locomotives:
    I would personally like to see more GE locomotives such as a GEVO. Also fitting would be an SD70ACe
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For the Southwest Chief, we would need a GE P42DC, a Viewliner II baggage car, a transition sleeper, sleeper, diner, lounge, coaches, and coach/baggage Superliners.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 13
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Heck yeah! Cajon for TSW! I want this. I have the route on TS2019, and I've driven along the route on the way to Anaheim (and Disneyland).
    I want BNSF ET44C4s or UP ET44ACs, SD70ACeT4s for both railroads, and the Amtrak P42DCs. Maybe a UP AC6000, SD90/43MAC, SD70ACe, AC4400, C44-9W, SD60M, or SD70M could be added. A BNSF SD70ACe, SD75M/I, SD70MAC, SD60MAC, C44-9W would be great, too. For switching, the route could also include 3GS-21B Gensets in UP and BNSF, or maybe a GP60, SD40-2, or GP38-2 in each livery. Some of these could be DLC, of course.
    If we get this, I want the route to include Barstow Yard. Maybe we could get extensions and different parts of the route as future DLC. We also need the section from Barstow to Mojave and from Mojave to West Colton.

• Like Like x 1
  3. www.coreym1018

www.coreym1018 New Member

yes want it to can u please make that tsw

• Like Like x 1
  4. Anthony Pecoraro

We would only get UP probably though, due to BNSF licensing restrictions.

5. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

I'm sure many folks outside of the USA would appreciate another area for a TSW route, we already have several layouts from across California in TS19, I certainly wouldn't want to start paying again to have them in this game as well, we've already had to fork out again for the German Ruhr-Sieg line which now features in both codes. If DTG are lacking in sales duplicating routes across both platforms would be the last thing to do from a business perspective, and there are plenty of other locations in the States for them to research and build, there's loads of places, North, South, East and West, fallen flags, shortlines and regionals, there's stacks of new areas and things to consider.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Relax. This is just a suggestion. That doesn’t mean it will be made.

7. ex_railwayman

ex_railwayman Active Member

I quite agree, but, DTG read this threads and I wanted to put my point of view across, us Brits are getting fed up a bit now on other forums, we've now been given the Great Western Line, West Somerset Railway and the German Ruhr-Sieg line in TSW, and we've already had all those in TS19 for several years, we certainly don't want duplicating of any American routes as well, otherwise we'll just pack the game in and go elsewhere, and I doubt if DTG can rely on just the American consumers to keep the company going.
    It's duplication after duplication after duplication, what part of that don't people understand, there are plenty of TS19 customers that have purchased TSW so we know exactly what routes are already available and the vast majority of us have already got them in one simulator version, we don't want them again in the other.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Suggestion is nice, UP will for sure take appearace in TSW, sooner or later...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anthony Pecoraro

TSW routes have more detail and look better than TS routes though.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Shukiii

Shukiii Well-Known Member

Great Western Line and Ruhr-Sieg are not set in the same time as the DTG version of the route in TS1.
    Also lots of people, especially the ones playing on consoles are likely new customers and won't care if the route has already been done in other sims.

• Like Like x 5
  11. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Heck. Yes.

That being said, I'm not sure about it without BNSF... the previously polled Tehachapi Pas might be better if you just include UP power. Of course, it doesn't have any LA suburbs in it, but it's still pretty busy, in a desert, and scenic.

Great rolling stock selection by the way. I know that plenty of people list as many locomotives that would fit on the route as they can. Locomotives take too much time to make, never expect more than 3 (or 2 and a reused one, more likely) locomotives on a route.

Knowing that the community would inevitably make all the BNSF repaints they could, I would buy this route in a heartbeat.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Railfan722

Railfan722 Well-Known Member

For BNSF, DTG could just provide the workaround they (almost) always have; no logos outside of the US. If we're talking different time periods here, I'd love to see Cajon Pass with some Southern Pacific and Santa Fe power from the 70s or 80s.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

I really don't care that the routes are in TS1 already.. If they can only do routes that never been done before we will see only dodgy branchlines.. TSW is a whole new game so they can add in what they like.

• Like Like x 4