Pzb Bugs On Rapid Transit

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Mar 25, 2018.

1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hello Dovetailgames and Train Sim community!
    First and foremost, thank you for taking your time to consider my post - It is my first ever on this forum and I hope it will assist you all!
    In playing RT I have stumbled across numerous bugs regarding the signalling system, PZB, which I have collected in this document:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8LXhYMWfVhqqmbuJSAF4CtSVh9BB1X5Z7HZup11UpQ/edit?usp=sharing
    For beginners or newbies, to activate PZB on the Talent 2 you stand up, search for the panel shown in the photo and you need to turn the PZB Überbrückung Bremse to the right and PZB Störschalter to the right. Optionally you can activate SiFa here, though use it at your own risk, and I won't be talking of it here or in the document.
    Feel free to ask me any questions regarding the bugs mentioned or the general German signalling system and I'll try my best to respond to them and answer them to my fullest potential - yes, I can also help you with German signalling in TSxx.
    Please keep in mind, that I have never made a single post on any forum and have absolutely no experience - if I make horrible mistakes, please correct me.
    Finally, big thanks to cActUsjUiCe for assisting the creation of the document above and aiding the creation of this forum post - I likely wouldn't have ever done it.

Cheers,
    ProfCreeptonius

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 12
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

Congratulations on your first post! I'm glad I talked you into posting about it!

3. ProfCreeptonius

I just discovered a totally massive error that breaks everything and makes my bug report totally inactive...
    yeah no
    The last stated bug with the 165kph is a new feature to the PZB - my sources didn't yet have it. So please disregard that minor bug :(
    I couldn't have foreseen such a recent change. My apologies.

4. TrainSim-Jay

TrainSim-Jay Guest

Thank you for posting this ProfCreeptonius, big focus on going back through the existing content and fixing as much as we are physically able to over the next few months so posts like this are invaluable!

Thanks again

- Jay

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Are you saying that bugfixing is current priority for quite some time?

6. ProfCreeptonius

Kuu Lightwing Yes, I think Matt even confirmed that.
    This means that we should provide DTG with as many detailed bug reports + fix possibilities as possible
    I'm currently working on a fix possibility for the PZB bugs mentioned above.
    If you have any bugs I think you should tell us :D

-ProfCreeptonius

7. Kuu Lightwing

Kuu Lightwing Active Member

Most bugs that I really like to see fixed are very well known and documented.

8. ProfCreeptonius

Hello.
    I've been negatively surprised.
    A wild PZB bug appeared.
    this time, 500Hz gives 25 limit instantly.
    Service is 1025, again.
    In reality, the 500Hz gives a 65 limit which falls to 45 in 137 meters, which drops to 25 if your train stops or gets slowed to under 10kph for long enough.
    Personally, I think this bug is quite severe and must be fixed asap, because it dramatically impacts your driving regime and causes delays behind yellows. The rest of the bugs can, in the worst case, be delayed, as their impact on the ride is less significant.
    To sum up, the currently active bugs are:
    -Ks1 blinking inconsistency
    -Zs3v acknowledgement missing
    -Ks2 1000hz inconsistency (V1/V2)
    -500hz failure

I sincerely hope that DTG fixes this one as soon as humanly possible.
    Thanks,
    ProfCreeptonius

9. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

New patch out and still no PZB fix. :(

10. Edds

Edds New Member

Bump, would love to see a reply/acknowledgement by DTG :)

• Like Like x 4
  11. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

Still waiting for PZB to be fixed for this route. Just got my train stopped by a 1000Hz magnet after a blinking green signal (no speed restriction specified) near to Markkleeberg-GroBstadtedln. I was playing the "Leipziger" scenario.

Hope they made a better job with the new Main Spessart Bahn DLC, because if PZB behaves like this too I can't see the point in buying it.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

They have said they have no plans to fix RT, so assume that it won't be fixed. It's wrong in my eyes, but that's DTG's stated position.

The PZB works fine with RSN and MSB, but there are no plans to bring the corrected PZB to RT. RSN is worth the money, but MSB has a lot of duplicate content from RSN.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Daniel Bloch

Maybe we will see an RT overhaul with the coming BR182, it's the only route for me where another electric loco as DLC would make sense.
    The BR182 don't drives on RSN and MSB in real. DTG did not add the BR146 to RSN because it's not driving there in reality. So RT is for me the only route where the BR182 would fit.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  14. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

It would be good to see the DB BR 182 on Rapid Transit with improved PZB; it would certainly improve that route significantly. However, I think that it would be more likely Dovetail Games would use the 182 for freight on Ruhr Sieg Nord and Main-Spessart Bahn perhaps with a Railion livery. It was hinted that there was a loco dlc coming soon that could be used on both routes.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  15. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

It would be good to see RT's PZB fixed and some new DLC for it but I suspect we won't see it happen.

Matt said on a recent stream that they wouldn't have unrealistic stock used in service mode, or something along those lines, therefore if the 182 doesn't run on those two routes it would seem to go against that. I know very little about German railways so wouldn't know what was correct or not, I must do some research!

16. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Alright, worth digging this up after the latest announcement, I hope. After well over a year, these fixes are finally being implemented, so that's nice!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Daniel Bloch

Yeah can't wait to drive the Taurus on the overhauled RT route :love:

• Like Like x 4
  18. Aldarean

Aldarean Member

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  19. danaceks

danaceks New Member

Hello, may I ask you what exactly does PZB Bridging (PZB Überbrückung) mean? I couldn'n find sufficient info in neither English nor German language.

20. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Regarding the official PZB instructions (in case there is an error) you need that when you have an error (with PZB or the train [electric]) and for example can't operate PZB anymore. Call your dispatcher, tell him whats up and bypass PZB by Überbrückung (simpliefied).

This is not simulated in the game

Source: https://fahrweg.dbnetze.com/resourc...3a8aa70efabd73df6665a/rw_483-0113A03-data.pdf

21. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

Nice old thread :D hopefully Adam had those things on his list for fixes on RT, excited to see what they actually improved :)

22. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

23. danaceks

danaceks New Member

24. CowBoyWolf

did you have to bump this 2 year old thread?

25. danaceks

danaceks New Member

Sorry, it just seemed to be the most relevant one :)

26. CowBoyWolf

ah its fine :)