PC 182 - Yes Or No - Vote

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ProfCreeptonius, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
?
  1. YES! I want it asap!

25 vote(s)
    16.9%
  2. I want more than 20% off, otherwise I'm not buying it.

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
  3. I would buy it asap, if RT's bugs were fixed.

79 vote(s)
    53.4%
  4. I would buy it asap, if it were useable on MSB/RSN.

50 vote(s)
    33.8%
  5. NO! I am not buying this add-on, unless it is more than 80% off.

21 vote(s)
    14.2%
  6. Please see my post.

10 vote(s)
    6.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hi folks!
    I am very interested in whether you are planning on buying the 182 add-on or not

So, vote away!

Note that you may select multiple choices, but please, chose wisely, as this vote should be halfway representative. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Prof

2. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

If DTG were to fix RT and the other routes with broken signalling/safety systems I'd be far more inclined to buy future DLC, BR 182 or otherwise.

• Like Like x 10
  3. hightower

hightower Guest

If they fix RT as part of this process then definitely. If they don’t, then I just don’t understand what they’re doing releasing a DLC for the route. No doubt the loco itself will be good and come with PZB & SiFA...I'd like to be able to use it as without it there is very little challenge in go-stop-go-stop.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  4. spina304

spina304 Member

Dlc for broken route? Does
    they work for bethesda ?

5. no no no, not in the slightest bit interested in anything to do with german railways and another red box on wheels, it seems this game has turned into german train sim world, ill give it another week and if the missing ntp stuff (the freight) doesn't arrive ill be calling it a day and uninstalling, im not getting burnt twice,

6. Digital Draftsman

It's also worth noting that the PZB is implemented differently on RT, so to have the broken PZB 'working' with the 182 will require it to have a different implementation of PZB to the RSN/MSB locomotives. This is probably why this DLC has not got any scenarios for MSB and RSN, only RT, as it would require a different version of the 182 for each. Of course all of this is solved if they just bring RSN/MSB PZB to RT.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Thelonius16

Thelonius16 Well-Known Member

It seems basically identical to the ones they just released. (To me, at least.)

Unlike many people, I don't usually use PZB, so the bugs on RT aren't a problem. But the route is pretty boring and empty. I am kind of interested in having something new to see and do on it, but I will probably wait. I haven't had the chance to explore MSB yet, so I'd rather get my money's worth on that before spending more. Definitely will wait for a significant drop in price. (Unless this one is cheaper than the Class 33.)

8. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

We have had three German routes, three UK routes and three USA routes. Next will presumably be another USA route then a UK route if the current pattern is maintained. We have had one UK loco released as DLC and now this impending German loco so I cannot see how you can say it is a "German Trainsim World"?!

They have mentioned there will be a NTP freight DLC although I don't know how you can say it is missing as they haven't officially announced it yet! I doubt you will see anything of it in the next week.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ninetofive925

Ninetofive925 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of the comments on this thread. It's a shame such a great locomotive gets released on a route with no proper signals/pzb system.

I usually buy DLCs on release, especially this one which i would love to drive properly but i'll wait a fix of RT or availability on other routes before buying...

• Like Like x 4
  10. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

If they fix the PZB then I will purchase it little doubt, if they don't maybe I might get it in a sale or get it when the editor is released.

• Like Like x 3
  11. cActUsjUiCe

cActUsjUiCe Developer

No because I am not interested

• Like Like x 2
  12. bobsr

bobsr Member

I will buy it if they either fix RT, or make it usable for other routes.

• Like Like x 4
  13. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

I would buy it only if RT was fixed, but also only on sale. That only on sale bit is my general rule for all TSW DLC.

14. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Please provide a link to information about this DLC, which I haven't heard about yet. Thanks.

15. raildan

16. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  17. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

If the Signaling / PzB is fixed i will get the Loco DLC. Havent really played much of RT since i cant drive it proper with the safety systems, so it would be a good chance to get back to it. But without Patch / Re-signaling of the RT route it would be a real bummer.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Digital Draftsman

So what we can gather from this poll is that DTG have lost the majority of sales of this DLC because they didn't fix the PZB on Rapid Transit. I hope now they decide to finally do the right thing and fix the PZB on Rapid Transit, rather than just write off the BR 182 DLC like they originally did with the Rapid Transit DLC.

• Like Like x 5
  19. raildan

Yup- hopefully some statistics will help knock some sense into them.

Hopefully...

Yeah, who are we kidding, it isn't gonna happen.

I AM going to put a link to this poll to support my "feature suggestion" on this, though.

• Like Like x 5
  20. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Exactly what I wanted to achieve with this poll. Well said Digital Draftsman and raildan.

Cheers,
    Prof

• Like Like x 5
  21. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

PZB in the loco or EMU are not different. Its the Signals that are broken on RT. They have to redo the full route again of signals. PZB in the trains only react with what the signals tell them. So no need to chance trains ;-)

22. Digital Draftsman

To quote Matt Peddlesden regarding the PZB on RT, my bold:
    That last sentence suggests that the Talent 2 will need to be upgraded to be used on a fixed RT or RSN/MSB, therefor it's safe to conclude that the BR 182 would need an 'upgraded' version for RSN/MSB and a 'downgraded' version for the broken RT.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Piussi

Piussi Well-Known Member

Oh i have read over that part then i guess.

24. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

I don't care much about this loco, it is too limited to add enough value for the RT route. I'll wait for the content editing tools and then add some stuff based on the BR143 and some freight services as well. I already have a long wishlist, but this one I will not put at the list.

25. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

Whatever your opinion of the train is, I think we can come to a community consensus that Rapid Transit is by far the worst route that has ever released in TSW. And the fact that there are no scenarios for the other German routes or any inclusion of this trainset as AI services in any other routes seems like it's a waste as previous DTG train releases have never supplemented routes, but rather replaced already existing services along the route. Unless this breaks that mold, seems like an easy pass for me.

• Like Like x 5
  26. raildan

Completely agree on RT- releasing a DLC for it without at least fixing the route SOMEhow is a bit short-sighted. I don't think it will add services, since in real life these locomotives were used on the same services currently modeled.

(Thankfully, though, we do know for a fact that that mold will eventually be broken. The NTP freight DLC has no other choice. Also the speculated future German switcher- probably a 294- would need new services.)

27. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

This looks like a loco DLC I could get excited about. But I'm one who always drives with the all the safety systems active. The exception is RT, where I leave Pzb off because it's broken. So fixing Pzb on this route would be a prerequisite to me buying this DLC.

However, since it seems it has already been announced that DTG will not be overhauling Pzb on RT, there is zero chance I will buy it at any price. I strongly urge them to reconsider this rather ill-advised decision.

• Like Like x 5
  28. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

NEC originally released with no freight services. Later on an update came out that added the freight services to the existing service mode. So it’s not impossible. However, with NEC the freight lines were completely separate from the passenger lines and could not interfere with each other. So I guess at some point we'll see if they can add services to NTP or RT without breaking everything

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  29. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

I think: Yes. BR 182 is a detailed loco but the Devs need update PZB.
    Drive in a Simulator without Safety Systems (PZB) is boring!

• Like Like x 2
  30. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Only a buy for me if RT PZB and signaling is fixed, and please replace the bad level crossings.

• Like Like x 7
  31. HuggernautNL

HuggernautNL Member

I will join the 'please fix the safety systems' crowd.
    Also agree with Daniel Bloch about the crossings. They look like weird speed bumps right now.

• Like Like x 6
  32. Louwe

Louwe Member

I buy it directly because I just want it. I am not someone who watches systems or errors in the game, I think driving is just beautiful. What I pay attention to is the graphical part of the game and that is really great. I have been playing TSxxxx from the beginning but have stopped doing so since the introduction of TSW, this is much better graphically. What I sometimes bale, is that the products of TSW very shortly after release, are a few more Euros cheaper, but yes I buy it anyway, just because I want it.:)

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  33. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Yes !!!! someone who gets it :D , this is my fear as well, buying this DLC without confirmation on if RT will be fixed or if the Loco its self will be deliberately handicapped due to its use on RT and the way PZB was implemented then the 182 could potentially be as useless and non future proof as the Talent 2 is going forward . I want this loco big time but wont be spending a cent until DTG offers some feedback on how limited or not this DLC really is. :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  34. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

As I said before no more DLC for me, until after the editor is released.

• Like Like x 2
  35. solon

solon Active Member

Yes because I support the development of TSW. And without funding of players, DTG will not be able to continue. Not many players like train simulation as us. For money, currently it is more interesting to develop royal battles, or with crowdfunding where we sell dream... as star citizen

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  36. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Our investments in their products shouldn’t be to keep the game afloat. Money issues is their problem, not ours.

I simply buy a product because I have interest in it and it is a good, quality product. I won’t buy a DLC that I have absolutely no interest in for the sake of giving DTG a few ££.

• Like Like x 10
  37. Kojo62

Kojo62 Active Member

Given the April Studio Update news where the BR182 is concerned, I feel obligated to amend my response from earlier. Updating Pzb on RT likely converts this into a day-1 purchase for me, and I appreciate DTG showing flexibility on their decision regarding this DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  38. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Just seen this on their twitter. clzss 182.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  39. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

The dates: D3oT2b5X4AA4X0d.jpg

• Like Like x 2