PlayStation Msb Linespeed

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

is there a linespeed limit for freight trains on this route. i keep looking for signs but dont see any. Maybe i should go to specsavers lol. is there a linespeed limit for passenger trains as well

2. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

There are several linespeed changes across the route. Look for these signs:
    [​IMG]

or those:

[​IMG]

The upper one means that the Speedlimit for this section is the number multiplied with 10. In that case 70kp/h.
    The lower one means that the Speedlimit is 90 kp/h and the 7 with the triangle down means that there is a Speedlimit of 70 kp/h coming.

The yellow triangle oneĀ“s can also appear the other way around, with the edge of the triangle pointing upwards. That means that a Speedchange to a higher Speedlimit is coming up.

The yellow signs pointing downwards and showing a Speed under 100kp/h need to be acknowledged if you are running with PZB.

With PZB the maxspeed for Passenger trains is:
    PZB O: 165kp/h

Freight trains and Heavy Freight Train max speed is:
    PZB M: 125kp/h
    PZB U: 105 kp/h

Of course those maxspeeds only apply for sections where the Linespeed is equal or greater than the PZB maxspeed.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  3. Dave Mel

i dont understand PZB so i usually go on the red line on the hud which to me is the line speed for all trains. i just wanted to know what the max limit was fro the freight trains, like on GWR where it tells you 90/65 to me that mean 90mph for passengers dmus 65 for freight. Thanks for your info, i understand the numbers now. now i have to find a PZB vid lol

4. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

It's worth keeping in mind that each train will have its own top speed dictated by the vehicles in it. For example, a Class 166 has a top permitted speed of 90mph, so even if the limit is 100mph, you can still only go 90mph. A Class 66 has top permitted speed of 75mph, but when loaded, the HKA hopper only has a top permitted speed of 60mph (75mph when empty), so a train of loaded HKAs hauled by a Class 66 can only do 60mph, even if the speed limit 75mph for freight.

I don't know why DTG don't explain this, but it's pretty important infomation to know on the real railway.

• Like Like x 2
  5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

The following is out of the manual of TSW:MSB, so it might be worth mentioning here aswell:

6. Dave Mel

i quite agree with you digital draftsman. i think DTG should tell us when we are selecting a loco to use. all it tells us is the horsepower, traction. i think it should tell us the top speed in mph and kp/h. i dont understand kph but my hud tells me in mph. i also agree they should tell us the weight of the whole train as well. when i was a shunter many years ago i was given instructions to make trains up. i.e. how many wagons to put on, or by weight of the whole train including the locos or loco. then i would sign a sheet and give it to the driver of the train who was taking it wherever on the mainline. So when i became a freight train driver i was given a sheet of the whole train with the weight and route instructions. i.e. speed limits, speed reductions where Pway where working on the route. all sorts of information.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member