Throttle Issue

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NekoTashi, Mar 16, 2019.

1. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Ok So today I bought the Main Spessart Bahn DLC and I super love it btw! But there is one thing that I don't understand (maybe its a bug or I'm doing something wrong)?! But when I want to leave the station, I do the usual procedure:
    1. I close the doors first.
    2. I release the brakes.
    3. And I then move the throttle up to get the train moving.
    Now on step 3 is where I'm having difficulties! When I move up the throttle, the train doesn't move at all. Yes the reverser is set to the correct position lol. So then I have to set the throttle back to off and back on. Then the train starts to move. I always have to do this twice to get the train moving. And yes I always wait until the brakes are fully released before applying the throttle. I even tried applying the throttle when it still was releasing the brakes to see if that fixes anything but nope. So am I doing something wrong or is it bug?! Help me guys.

Thx in advanced.

*Sorry I forgot to mention which train/cab I'm having this issue with: DB BR 766.2 DBpbzfa Control Car

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. iAspex

iAspex Active Member

Not sure if Germany has a DRA but if it does have you switched it off?

3. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

All safety systems are disabled. I never activate them and if they are then I disable them first.

4. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

5. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I cant really tell from the video, but was the throttle set to OFF when you opened the doors and such or at min?

6. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

Then you didn't watch it very carefully and with full attention lol. Cause if you paid attention to the video...you would have seen that at moment 00:00:20 (of the video) I moved the throttle up to 10 and the AMP spike would stay on 0! I then moved the throttle back to OFF and moved it back up and then you would see my train moving with the AMP firing up!
    Throttle is set to OFF and brakes are on full service before I open up the doors. I also tried it to leave it in MIN, but that didn't do any difference.;)

7. xD 2Bad4You

Well i saw that but i couldnt tell if prior to this it was at off or min.
    Are you seeing this on any cabcar service or just a particular one?

8. xD 2Bad4You

Uff alright. Not sure why you think i dont know what train you are driving but well okay. I asked if that happens to any "Cabcar" service, which is the DBpbfza Control / Cabcar, or just a particular one. But alright good luck on your issue, i just tried to help but i´m done here.

PS.: Try to wait 1-2secs when the brake pressure is released before applying power. Maybe that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

there will be slight delays on the throttle.

As you now operate the throttle control, remember that the signals are being sent to the locomotive at the other end and it is responding to them so the way you will feel the reaction to your inputs will be slightly different and a little delayed. When you set off from stationary, begin with a small amount of power applied and let it get you moving – once the control car is moving you can then start applying some more power. As you gain more confidence with the control car you will be more confident in when to apply power.

this is taken from the msb drivers manual

• Like Like x 2
  10. xD 2Bad4You

Im sorry but i have never asked which train you are driving. I´m not sure where this is coming from? I asked which Service and if you saw the problem on other services. A Service is e.g. the 11:09 am and another one would be the 12:09 and so on

11. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

If it was on one particular service then I would have said so from the start lol. I even wouldn't open a topic if such was the case, cause then I would hop over to another service. But was I talking about one particular service?! No I wasn't. So its not a one particular service issue lol. XD

*P.s.: You could've asked it like you now just did. I thought you were asking about what type of train/cab I had this issue with. I call them routes instead of services. XD

12. xD 2Bad4You

I asked like i just did. But again you are rude for no reason. Good luck

• Like Like x 3
  13. NekoTashi

NekoTashi Member

No you didn't lol. And I never was rude. I'm sorry that you feel like I was being rude to you. I was just clarifying which train/cab I was riding in because I thought you didn't know. Its not my fault you take things the wrong way. And its definitly not my fault that you can't ask propper questions in a understandable manner. :) So good luck to you, and a word of advice: don't take everything you don't like the wrong way okay?! Otherwise you will feel like everyone is rude to you on the internet. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. vicbois

vicbois New Member

I know this is a very old post, but I am having exactly this issue and it is driving me crazy. I can't be the only noob out there messing something up. I have no problem with the DB locomotives, only the cab car. Almost every single time I use the brake, the throttle will not respond until it is "double-tapped." I am sure to release the brakes. I am sure to set the throttle to OFF (not 0% or min) before braking. I do not have this problem with the locomotive! So there is something different going on with the cab car that I am missing.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  15. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I have found this problem too. It puts me off driving the control car. I get the feeling I’m doing something wrong too but yet to figure it out.

16. xD 2Bad4You

Can any of you share a Video of the Problem? Makes it maybe a bit easier to see whats going on

• Like Like x 1
  17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

Just a thought... Could it be that you guys hit the throttle a bit too early? When you're closing the doors, you'll see an icon blinking on the main console (white square with a T in a circle). Only when this stops blinking can you start to throttle up. As long as that is blinking train will not respond to the throttle lever

• Like Like x 2
  18. vicbois

vicbois New Member

Actually, closing the doors is the one situation where it does not happen. I wait for the brake pressure to release and the throttle responds normally.
    But if, for example, I brake for a speed limit change in-route, then want to get back on the throttle to maintain speed, it will not respond. I have to increase the throttle, reduce it back to off, and increase it again. it's the same behavior as if it was left on while braking, but it was not.

19. sukihersch

sukihersch Member

I have just submitted a bug report about this issue (sorry for the old thread) and have been informed that this behaviour is correct (although the reply I received suggested this only happens if the train is in motion, which is not the case), but also that the lock can be cleared by pressing the SIFA pedal (yes, even when SIFA and any other such systems are not being used), which feels like a more elegant way of resolving it than resorting to spurious throttle movements. It was also suggested to me, and I pass this suggestion on, that using the electric brake to manage the speed while in motion may be preferable and certainly will not result in this behaviour

20. ace

ace Member

I’ve had that issue too. Sometimes I think I’ve moved the brakes to far and next thing you know the train won’t move. I just did a couple of timetables on this route yesterday and I was very careful with what I did. Even as simple as a train can seem to operate sometimes there can be very specific sequences that must be followed sometimes. I know I’m not answering your question I just wanted you to know I feel your pain.

21. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

Don’t start an argument

22. Maverick_ng

Maverick_ng Active Member

I have that same issue.
    What I do is... close doors, release brakes, one notch power, back to 0 and then again power. That makes it to move.

23. ace

ace Member

I want a noobie mode where I can easily just go forwards and reverse and stop. Like Train Simulator (which I have and love) I’ve have so many routes that I can’t remember what I’m supposed to do to get going sometimes. I do love the complexity once I get going but routes like the LGV high speed train can be hard to drive because you switch voltage while still moving and your pressing quite a few buttons. Eventually I remember but I guarantee every passenger will be late on my runs