Radio Chatter And "walkie Talkie"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Something I noticed around train stations is alot of radio equipment and radio chatter. This is very intresting and it has a place in TSW. There'd be radio chatter inside the cab and you'd have your own hand held radio on you to communicate through it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The CSX route does have radio chatter.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've sometimes heard radio chatter on CSX, but no matter how I much I increase speaker volume it's never loud enough to distinguish what's being said. Can the radio's volume be increased independently of other sounds?
    On the other hand, I remember clearly when radio calls became a part of some engines in TS -- they were simply short sound loops that led me to preserve my sanity (such as it is) by turning off all sound.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

What I do in both TSW and TS2018 is open up RailroadRadio.net (http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/132/179/) for the Sand Patch grade and listen to real radio chatter. This site has live feeds for many of the routes represented in DTG for the US and so I choose the one nearest the route I am running — sure beats Danner Dan in the TS radio loop. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I use RailroadRadio.net as well. That´s the best to avoid repetitive ingame radio chatter and it´s real.

Cheers

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Foreman Dan Hernandez anyone?

I provide a feed myself for my local area which has a Union Pacific line, so if anyone ever wants to listen to a UP feed provided by another Train Simmer here you go.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29632

7. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Yeah, instead of listening to foreman Dan Hernandez and foreman Romero's eternal looping chat.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cd1990

Cd1990 Active Member

Very good idea, given for example that the GSM-R units are modeled but are static on the GWE stock.