1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Radio Chatter And "walkie Talkie"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Something I noticed around train stations is alot of radio equipment and radio chatter. This is very intresting and it has a place in TSW. There'd be radio chatter inside the cab and you'd have your own hand held radio on you to communicate through it.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

The CSX route does have radio chatter.

3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I've sometimes heard radio chatter on CSX, but no matter how I much I increase speaker volume it's never loud enough to distinguish what's being said. Can the radio's volume be increased independently of other sounds?
    On the other hand, I remember clearly when radio calls became a part of some engines in TS -- they were simply short sound loops that led me to preserve my sanity (such as it is) by turning off all sound.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

What I do in both TSW and TS2018 is open up RailroadRadio.net (http://www.railroadradio.net/content/view/132/179/) for the Sand Patch grade and listen to real radio chatter. This site has live feeds for many of the routes represented in DTG for the US and so I choose the one nearest the route I am running — sure beats Danner Dan in the TS radio loop. :)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

I use RailroadRadio.net as well. That´s the best to avoid repetitive ingame radio chatter and it´s real.

Cheers

6. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Foreman Dan Hernandez anyone?

I provide a feed myself for my local area which has a Union Pacific line, so if anyone ever wants to listen to a UP feed provided by another Train Simmer here you go.

https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29632

7. John Murphy

John Murphy Well-Known Member

Yeah, instead of listening to foreman Dan Hernandez and foreman Romero's eternal looping chat.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Cd1990

Cd1990 Member

Very good idea, given for example that the GSM-R units are modeled but are static on the GWE stock.