PC How Will My Computer Perform If I Buy The Game With My Current Specifications?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by squidward_boi, Mar 13, 2019.

1. squidward_boi

squidward_boi New Member

I will firstly apologize if this is not the right place for this type of question, but the steam discussion page yielded one answer with my reply left unanswered.

So my computer consists of AMD Ryzen 3 2200G processor, Radeon RX 570 series graphics, and 8 gigabytes of RAM. I am aware the steam page say the recommended cpu is Ryzen 5, and systemrequirementslab.com also says that the processor I have is lacking, although all of my other hardware is sufficient enough. Based on that, how will the game perform with my current cpu? I am planning to take advantage of the sale (60% off on steam, who would pass that up?), but again, my cpu is lacking supposedly. Should I even buy it if my PC can't perform? I'll just get TS2019 50% off otherwise, but TSW is more preferred.

Again, my main question is if I do buy the game and decide to boot it up, how will it perform with my current hardware?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Key points here is what are you're expectations for performance and what resolution do you play at currently ?
    @1080P i think you should be fine provided your not expecting a constant 60fps.

That said TSW and TS2019 performance difference i have never found to be massive i find TS2019 constantly runs worse for me so id say pick up TSW regardless and if in the future you upgrade well bonus.

• Like Like x 2
  3. squidward_boi

squidward_boi New Member

My resolution is a standard 1920x1080, and I don't expect 60 fps, or smooth performance given the lower than recommended cpu and the fact is't not a supercomputer, but still enough to run it.

4. keksman

keksman Well-Known Member

Nobody can really answer this question for you. Just buy it and test it yourself. You can refund the game if your not satisfied with it.

5. squidward_boi

squidward_boi New Member

I ask because it is a question or the people that have the game, and according to their experience on how it performs. Yes they may not have the exact specifications as I do, but anybody that has just a little bit of knowledge on how certain hardware works and performs on a game like this should be able to answer the question.

Anyways, I got the game and it works great! Only once has it crashed unexpectedly, but nothing else has become an issue, 40-50 fps and quick loading times! It turns out my computer that was not rated for a game like this can easily run it!

• Like Like x 2
  6. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Good Stuff enjoy the game

7. 37114

37114 Active Member

Buy TSW. It will run better and is a far better experience

• Like Like x 1
  8. Louwe

Louwe Member

Squidward_boi, I wrote this somewhere else:
    When I started playing TSW I had an AMD ryzen 5 1600x six core 3.60 Ghz. A Gforce gpu tx1050 and 2mb. That is a basic machine for FSX and Xplane11. I was satisfied with it despite the fact that you indeed had to reduce some settings, not ultra settings because that is too high for TSW and set the fps to 30. I found that if you set the shadow and effects to low and the screen percentage to 75, you can run the game smoothly.

I have bought another gpu, a Gforce GTX1070 8mb, because I entered the world of VR. Everything is now on high except the shadow and effects, which consume real power from your system. (Tip, when you change the graphic settings, set your shadow and effect settings back down, because these are automatically set to high again). Nevertheless, you continue to drop fr, especially when large stations arrive, although that does not count for every route. GWE, RT, LIRR, NTP, WSR and NEC, for example, have no problems, but with MSB and RSN al lott.

What also influences is the weather, with snow it costs much more power from the PC than when you drive in the summer with nice weather. It all depends on what you want and how much money you will pay for it, a fact in the computer world is (and remains): No matter how good you have your system, with half a year you will fall behind the facts again. My advice is, certainly, an upgrade is always good and you will enjoy it a lot, but look in your pouch and decide what you want to spend for it, because if you are disappointed, you feel the most pain there.

9. nacnud117

nacnud117 New Member

The really good thing about TSW is, that it is pretty well optimized, considering how much more it does than TS19 (full first person movement and interactable environment). Besides that, you don't need a high steady FPS for it, as it is not a competetive and fast reaction kind of game, 30 FPS should be fine (if you can live with that, some people notice it really hard because they are used to extremely high FPS).

10. Darthtool

Darthtool Member

even with an i7/i9 + rtx2080 you'll still be lucky to maintain 60fps on 1080p settings in most hub areas.. optimization is non-existant.

11. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

I run an AMD (ftw) 6300 3.5Ghz with 8GB RAM and a lowly GeForce 970 and get 25 fps out of Paddington, raising to 30-35 elsewhere. This is great to me and doesn't destroy the "immersion" any more than reports from players with better gear.

I only play the UK stuff (plus RT now) though, WSR isn't too taxing on pushing polygons though.

12. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

Not totally accurate , i can easily achieve 90+ fps @ 3440x1440 in most situations and above 60fps in major stations on all routes, i only dip below 60fps in major stations when i have ini tweaks enabled as expected as i am pushing render distance on tracks and tree draw 10x. Or when i crank up the render scale to 150% + to try and avoid the horrid AA.

Its fair to claim optimization can still use work, but to claim its non-existant.. not accurate at all.

My advice to anyone sitting around 30 - 50 fps range is invest in a G-SYNC or Freesync display out of all the updates i have ever done, GPU, CPU ect it was the move to a G-SYNC display that has made the biggest difference in all games not just TSW in terms of smoothness and feel.

Specs in case anyone is interested:
    Note: Was running same performance with an old 4770k up until last month when upgrade bug hit.

i7 9700k @5.0Ghz
    16GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    GTX 1080i Ti
    M.2
    Acer Predator X34 100Hz G-SYNC, 3440x1440 native res.

• Helpful Helpful x 1