PC Class 52 And Notched Throttle + Derailing.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Pad, May 2, 2019.

1. Pad

Pad New Member

Hi,
    Any news on having a throttle that does not have notches? It's all a bit "My First Train by Fisher Price" at the moment.
    Also, the only time I've ever had a derailment was a game engine fail. I would like to fall off the rails and fail for going too fast please. What is the use of "simulating" a train if there is no penalty for diving at 300% of the line speed?
    MS Train Sim had a max speed of the slowest wagon in the consist. It had physics that handled the couplers on wagons. Driving a train "felt" like you were pulling a few thousand tons of wagons. That was 17 years ago. TSW is like a Scalextric version of formula one.

2. DTG Matt

DTG Matt Executive Producer Staff Member

I just double checked on a PS4 here - The 52 doesn't have a notched throttle, it's infinitely variable. It is expressed on the HUD in tenth's but in fact if you look at the indicators showing up on the top right (assuming you have hud visible) you'll see you are controlling its percentage directly.

Matt.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Many British diesels have throttles - not notched controllers -- there is a big difference - controllers has set steps where as throttles have free movement over the full range. So if you are going to complain about something not being realistic please ensure you know what the feature is suppose to be.

As has been discussed in many threads, most licensees do not want to see their brands depicted in an unfavorable light so depictions of wrecks and or damage is not implemented -- what they should do is just pop-up a screen stated you exceed the limit and end the scenario or service. of course that wouldn't satisfy many, but would show the adherence to the physics.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Some locos will absolutely derail approching a junction or switch too fast - I believe there's an option in menu

Ive also ran into a trash car by accident in a gp38 on NEC and it pushed the car aside and the gp38 got smacked on its side next to the track

• Like Like x 1
  5. KiwiLE

KiwiLE Well-Known Member

Why would you even want to derail? That just shows you aren't capable of ever driving a train.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    • Like Like x 1