Out Now: Train Sim World: Main - Spessart Bahn On Ps4

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 12, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

MSB_1920x1080_OutNow_PS4.jpg We're happy to announce that Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn is OUT NOW on the Xbox One! Get driving on one of the most picturesque routes to date.

bit.ly/MainSpessartBahnPS4

• Like Like x 1
  2. solon

solon Active Member

I understand, on a PS4 community forum, the framerate is very bad. Is that true ?

• Like Like x 1
  3. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah I experienced this rarely on some services when there's more than 3 freight train convoy

• Like Like x 1
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I´m playing on Xbox but i believe that the framerate is similar on PS4. I´m getting on the One X not more than 30fps, most of the time even less than 30fps on the MSB route. The overall quality of textures seems to be reduced a bit more compared to RSN, aswell. (At least it feels for me that way) Not exactly sure how that is on the PS4, but i guess performance on both Consoles is around the same.

5. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

Yeah almost the same but it's already a good job to port this game onto consoles, the textures are very resources consuming like the polys ( I'm making a subway set on Blender and I have to reduce the texture quality to be available for most people ) so that's why it's been downgraded. It's all these or we won't have TSW on consoles lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The PC version has been criticised for the compromises made in the appearance of the route, seems like further compromises have been made on the console version.

I've always been of the opinion that DLC on consoles should cost a little bit less than on the PC. The quality isn't as good, not just in appearance but there are fewer AI trains and services, so the gameplay isn't as interesting either. I think a small consession in the price would be a reasonable proposition and would probably offset any loss in income per unit with an increase in total units sold.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

PS4 has 5,25 GB RAM (5,4 in PRO). Xbox X has 9 GB Ready to Gaming!
    When PS5 and Xbox Scarlet get release, DTG don’t will make DLC for PS4 and Xbox One.
    Conclusion, the problem here is the PS4, not the consoles in general.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dupe

Dupe Member

With the release of a new generation of consoles would like to see the possibility of transferring old DLC to a new console, so as not to re-spend money

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Yes I agree!

10. xD 2Bad4You

The base Xbox One would be the "problem" here and not the PS4, since the PS4 is more powerful than the base Xbox One, the One X more powerful than the PS4 Pro. But it needs to run on the base Xbox One aswell.
    Havent fired up MSB on my old Xbox One, yet. But i know the X gets around 5-10 more fps out of the game without any optimization. That would mean the route would run at around 20-25 fps at maximum (when in a train) and must feel horrible on that Console.

I do agree that of course the quality for Consoles needs to be reduced in terms of graphics for a game like this, but look at the Destination boards:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its "intentional" as stated by DTG and not a bug that its that blurry. Due to limitations of the Console´s. But honestly i feel the Consoles should be able to have a graphic for this that at least would be readable.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The last place you reduce texture quality is text, as people need to be able to read it and it's obvious to the human eye if it's lower resolution compared to, for example, a concrete wall. If you reduce a concrete texture from 512x512 to 256x256 maybe one person will notice, reduce a destination board texture from 512x512 to 256x256 and everyone will notice.

Until DTG go back and optimise the underlying code, especially for the physics, these issues will only get worse as they try to add more and more features to the DLC. They should also have specific versions for the different consoles, each optimised for the hardware it's running on. Overall it seems like a bit of rushed job, trying to make a 'one size fits all' game for the consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  12. xD 2Bad4You

I agree. Just like on PC where they should make more options availabe to customize the graphics, so you dont need to edit the .ini file, they should go the extra mile on Consoles with PS4 Pro and One X enhancements at least. So far, they dont have any interest in all of those unfortunately.
    Havent seen a performance optimization patch either for quite some time now.

• Like Like x 3
  13. solon

solon Active Member

I'm not agree with that, for PS4 pro (and xbox one x probabbly) it's not a memory problem. I have 8 GB RAM on my computer and TSW is ok in 1080p, only my video card which is a little limited sometimes (GT960). The problem is, TSW for PS4 does not use all the GPU calculation units of the PS4 pro because it is constrained for work on a classic PS4. And it will be the same problem for the next generation of console, if DTG does not plan for an enhanced version.

I talked to people from a PS4 community about the game and the performances are the same between a classic PS4 and a pro. This is not the case for Red Dead Redemption 2 for example which is even better on the Pro with the enhanced version.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  14. xD 2Bad4You

I think the CPU is more the bottleneck than the Ram / GPU on Console.
    But i still believe that, if better optimzed, the game could perform better on PS4 and Xbox. Also the Pro / X enhancements would be very welcomed for those that own them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Well-Known Member

I completely agree. In fact consoles pay more than PC because with the exception of Transpennine, Consoles haven't got a preorder discount for any of the DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  16. MYG92

MYG92 Well-Known Member

I think that If we pay more than the PC it's because of the time taken to port it onto consoles from a PC-based game.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

I hope we do get to use our ps4 tsw discs in a ps5 but download more complex smoother dlcs.

18. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

You also have to factor in the sales structure of the various platforms.
    On PC DTG can sell direct or through Steam and DTG are able to directly change their prices, have standard and non-standard sales periods etc
    Not sure Sony and MS allow similar on their sales platforms, indeed Dmitri has said a few times that they can't just put a sale on the PS store outside of the Sony decreed sales so "console are more expensive" can mean that the console makers are making it so as much as DTG are. Not saying DTG don't have options, they probably do, but it is probably harder with proprietary systems in place.

19. TrainSim-Dmitri

Actually, you do not pay more for PC, the price is exactly the same on consoles.

Yes, that is true, there are fewer sales on consoles, but the size of a discount tends to be a bit bigger on consoles.

I would also factor in the fact that consoles are generally much cheaper platforms, you can get a PS4 or Xbox console for around £150 now and play TSW straight away, while you would need at the very least a £500-600 PC to run TSW on minimal settings.

• Like Like x 2
  20. xD 2Bad4You

Well yeah technically you are right for the "long" term price. But on PC you release every DLC with a Discount (Route DLC at least) while on Console you have only done it once on PS4. So if you are an early adopter. you do pay a bit more than an early PC adopter. Once the release discount is over, prices are the same until a sale hits. But thats the same for almost every game and thats fine.
    Would be nice for a release discount on all Console´s aswell in the same way its done for PC.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  21. volvolover1972

volvolover1972 Well-Known Member

You also have to consider that when TSW was PC exclusive, each route that came the base game was a separate dlc. So CSX Heavy Haul was $40, and GWE, Rapid Transit, and NEC were each $30 at regular price. That’s means that some paid $130 for content that is now available for just $60

• Like Like x 1
  22. TrainSim-Dmitri

That is fair, I am not sure what exactly is the deal (pun not intended) with pre-order discounts on consoles, but I'm going to try and find out more information about it on Monday. My assumption, as said before, is of course that it has to do with the fact that we have much less control over prices and discounts when working with MS and Sony, but I will try to clarify that.

• Like Like x 2
  23. Boyka91

Boyka91 Active Member

Well we all looking forward for your MONDAY POST.

24. xD 2Bad4You

Well yeah, but that was quite a while ago and they now changed things. So we can compare the DLC that came out after the merge, as that DLC is on all plattforms. And RSN, NTP, MSB all were discounted (on launch) on PC and only one of them was discounted on Console (on release) and that only on PS4. And the discount beeing in place has most likely nothing to do with the start of the Sim when the maingame still was seperated DLC. Its probably more of a thing to convince people of getting the new DLC right on release.

And just to be clear: I´m not complaing about the price beeing to high or anything. I have got my enjoyment, beside the flaws, out of every purchase i made. Its just something i would like to know why it is that way and if there are ways to make it even for all going forward.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Dmitri
    What’s the Reason for the stations Aschaffenburg Süd and Hochschule with are using by the DB BR 628 Diesel Train in real life or the Diesel part with the Hafen for freight Locomotive?

26. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

I was wondering this because they are not blurred on rsn now and the dostos in rt with the 182.

27. xD 2Bad4You

Yeah, havent heard anything new to this case since then.

28. Mkdog45

29. TrainSim-Dmitri

What exactly? Blur on Xbox?

30. Mkdog45

Basically this for Main Spessart Bahn. Comparison.jpg

31. Mkdog45

The images separately:
    Train Sim World_20190417194754.jpg Train Sim World_20190417195035.jpg

32. TrainSim-Dmitri

• Like Like x 2
  33. Mkdog45

Thank you.

34. Mkdog45

lets us know on an update

35. TrainSim-Dmitri

It's on the bug list, no ETA unfortunately.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Mkdog45

Great thanks for letting us know.

37. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

What about the DB BR 143 bug? We can not used there Destination Board

38. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi DB628, this is not a bug. 143 came out before we implemented destination boards and haven't yet been updated to have them.

39. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

Alright, how’s the chance that you guys want work on it for the next update? Or for the updated Main Spessart Bahn in the future with the new Spessartrampe who build in 2017 and driving by the new Twindexx Doppelstockwagen without a Locomotive?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  40. xD 2Bad4You

They usually dont update the routes in that way. They are created on purpose in a certain time and such.
    Maybe at one point later down the road they create a new Version of it or an extension but that wouldnt be any time soon if at all.

The chances for the destination board update for the 143 are probably higher, maybe when its used on a new German route aswell it gets that update. I dont think it will be in the next update though

41. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

TrainSim-Dmitri
    I saw a documentary about the Main Spessart Bahn Ramp and something is missing in the DLC because the DB BR 151 is the Freight Service Locomotive and for the part between Laufach and Heigenbrücken with the second loc and not the BR 185.

Can you please add the DB BR 151 as next German Locomotive DLC and change the schedule for Laufach-Heigenbrücken