1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Now: Train Sim World: Main - Spessart Bahn On Ps4

Discussion in 'News & Updates' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Mar 12, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Staff Member

MSB_1920x1080_OutNow_PS4.jpg We're happy to announce that Train Sim World: Main-Spessart Bahn is OUT NOW on the Xbox One! Get driving on one of the most picturesque routes to date.

bit.ly/MainSpessartBahnPS4

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  2. solon

solon Member

I understand, on a PS4 community forum, the framerate is very bad. Is that true ?

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  3. MYG92

MYG92 New Member

Yeah I experienced this rarely on some services when there's more than 3 freight train convoy

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  4. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I´m playing on Xbox but i believe that the framerate is similar on PS4. I´m getting on the One X not more than 30fps, most of the time even less than 30fps on the MSB route. The overall quality of textures seems to be reduced a bit more compared to RSN, aswell. (At least it feels for me that way) Not exactly sure how that is on the PS4, but i guess performance on both Consoles is around the same.

5. MYG92

MYG92 New Member

Yeah almost the same but it's already a good job to port this game onto consoles, the textures are very resources consuming like the polys ( I'm making a subway set on Blender and I have to reduce the texture quality to be available for most people ) so that's why it's been downgraded. It's all these or we won't have TSW on consoles lol

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    • Upvote Upvote x 1
  6. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The PC version has been criticised for the compromises made in the appearance of the route, seems like further compromises have been made on the console version.

I've always been of the opinion that DLC on consoles should cost a little bit less than on the PC. The quality isn't as good, not just in appearance but there are fewer AI trains and services, so the gameplay isn't as interesting either. I think a small consession in the price would be a reasonable proposition and would probably offset any loss in income per unit with an increase in total units sold.

• Upvote Upvote x 4
  7. Rail Master

Rail Master Member

PS4 has 5,25 GB RAM (5,4 in PRO). Xbox X has 9 GB Ready to Gaming!
    When PS5 and Xbox Scarlet get release, DTG don’t will make DLC for PS4 and Xbox One.
    Conclusion, the problem here is the PS4, not the consoles in general.

8. Dupe

Dupe New Member

With the release of a new generation of consoles would like to see the possibility of transferring old DLC to a new console, so as not to re-spend money

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  9. Rail Master

Rail Master Member

Yes I agree!

10. xD 2Bad4You

The base Xbox One would be the "problem" here and not the PS4, since the PS4 is more powerful than the base Xbox One, the One X more powerful than the PS4 Pro. But it needs to run on the base Xbox One aswell.
    Havent fired up MSB on my old Xbox One, yet. But i know the X gets around 5-10 more fps out of the game without any optimization. That would mean the route would run at around 20-25 fps at maximum (when in a train) and must feel horrible on that Console.

I do agree that of course the quality for Consoles needs to be reduced in terms of graphics for a game like this, but look at the Destination boards:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its "intentional" as stated by DTG and not a bug that its that blurry. Due to limitations of the Console´s. But honestly i feel the Consoles should be able to have a graphic for this that at least would be readable.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  11. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

The last place you reduce texture quality is text, as people need to be able to read it and it's obvious to the human eye if it's lower resolution compared to, for example, a concrete wall. If you reduce a concrete texture from 512x512 to 256x256 maybe one person will notice, reduce a destination board texture from 512x512 to 256x256 and everyone will notice.

Until DTG go back and optimise the underlying code, especially for the physics, these issues will only get worse as they try to add more and more features to the DLC. They should also have specific versions for the different consoles, each optimised for the hardware it's running on. Overall it seems like a bit of rushed job, trying to make a 'one size fits all' game for the consoles.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  12. xD 2Bad4You

I agree. Just like on PC where they should make more options availabe to customize the graphics, so you dont need to edit the .ini file, they should go the extra mile on Consoles with PS4 Pro and One X enhancements at least. So far, they dont have any interest in all of those unfortunately.
    Havent seen a performance optimization patch either for quite some time now.

• Upvote Upvote x 3
  13. solon

solon Member

I'm not agree with that, for PS4 pro (and xbox one x probabbly) it's not a memory problem. I have 8 GB RAM on my computer and TSW is ok in 1080p, only my video card which is a little limited sometimes (GT960). The problem is, TSW for PS4 does not use all the GPU calculation units of the PS4 pro because it is constrained for work on a classic PS4. And it will be the same problem for the next generation of console, if DTG does not plan for an enhanced version.

I talked to people from a PS4 community about the game and the performances are the same between a classic PS4 and a pro. This is not the case for Red Dead Redemption 2 for example which is even better on the Pro with the enhanced version.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  14. xD 2Bad4You

I think the CPU is more the bottleneck than the Ram / GPU on Console.
    But i still believe that, if better optimzed, the game could perform better on PS4 and Xbox. Also the Pro / X enhancements would be very welcomed for those that own them.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  15. bart2day

bart2day Member

I completely agree. In fact consoles pay more than PC because with the exception of Transpennine, Consoles haven't got a preorder discount for any of the DLC.

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  16. MYG92

MYG92 New Member

I think that If we pay more than the PC it's because of the time taken to port it onto consoles from a PC-based game.

• Upvote Upvote x 1