Corrupted Data

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by phildenty, Jun 9, 2019.

Tags:
  1. phildenty

phildenty Member

Just turned on my PS4 and I can't log into my profile "Cannot load the saved data because it is corrupted"

I was doing the first of the 08 services from the BR Heavy Freight DLC....the game froze and shut down on me....when I rebooted the game it came up with the above message. I did send a report with video and stills via the PS4.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. techydave

techydave New Member

Hi guys,

Just experienced the same problem. Think I just finished the 05.00 Class 08 service. It crashed to the PS4 menu bar where it gave me the option to send a report which I did. Have also logged a ticket with DTG... let's see what they can do. Pretty annoying though... I've got nearly 9,000 miles racked up on TSW so far.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Is your saved data in the cloud as part of your ps+ subscription? Could you roll it back to when it last worked ok?

• Like Like x 1
  4. techydave

techydave New Member

Hi TinTin_57. Will have a look at doing that and let you know what happens. Wish DTG would fix the broken trophies as well... it's a shame because TSW's a great game but don't think there's much hope for that anytime soon. :(

• Like Like x 3
  5. TinTin_57

I will agree on that part as I am 1 away from the platinum. We live in hope tho

• Like Like x 2
  6. techydave

techydave New Member

Your tip worked and has saved the day... just rolled the save back from PS+

Cool... u must have been driving on it for hours... lol :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. phildenty

phildenty Member

techydave How do you roll back on PS plus.....I know its silly question season

• Like Like x 2
  8. TinTin_57

Excellent, glad it worked!

Yes, many hours ha ha

• Like Like x 2
  9. underwaterdick

underwaterdick Active Member

DTG are doing well at fixing bugs, making tweaks and fixing trophies, so there is plenty of hope! It's just with the recent increase in bugs to fix, certain things will take priority over others.

• Like Like x 1
  10. techydave

techydave New Member

Hi phildenty. On PS4 menu bar go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management. In there you should have four options. Hopefully you've got Auto-Upload. If you've got TSW ticked it should automatically upload you're saved data to the cloud. To copy this to your PS4 hard drive go to the second option - saved data in online storage > download to system storage. Then pick TSW and choose your profile.

For me that overwrote my corrupted data and brought my profile back to the last save point. :) Hope that helps.

• Like Like x 2
  11. phildenty

phildenty Member

I guess they don't call you techydave for no reason,,, Cheers my friend that's a massive help.

Well I thought I had it ticked to the cloud but I didn't....time to kick the cat again!!!!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nick Sanderson

Nick Sanderson New Member

I have exactly the same problem and my auto save was a few weeks ago - i am NOT happy!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nick Sanderson

it was also the 08 service that caused it

• Like Like x 1
  14. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

If there doing "so well at fixing bugs" as you say, why does the NEC safety systems not work properly? NEC was the 4th route made and is still broken and terrible.

• Like Like x 2
  15. underwaterdick

I base my comment on the number of bugs that have been fixed, not the ones that have not. They seem to prioritise well too, with game breaking bugs being fixed fairly quickly but other ones being fixed when an update comes out linked to the route.
    I have also raised several bug reports/support tickets and find that they always respond with what they plan to do about it. - sometimes I wonder if "Bugs" mentioned on the forum ever get ticketed officially.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Nick Sanderson

for those in the techy knowhow, do you think we will get our corrupted IDs back??? via an update etc or are we screwed???

• Like Like x 1
  17. Big Papi34

Well since there's more broken bugs than fixed bugs I guess you have a weak point to stand on.

• Like Like x 1
  18. underwaterdick

Really?
    And what statistics do you base this on?
    Have DTG given data of raised tickets Vs closed ones somewhere?

But we have all seen the number of updates and various bug fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Papi34

Open your eyes and really look at the post. There are plenty of bugs from not getting trophy's to seeing threw the tunnels on NEC. Passengers in the passenger cars on NEC while they sit abandoned in Sunnyside Yard. Apparently it happens on GWR to. There are plenty of bugs but instead you deny them and praise DTG for glitchy DLC.

• Like Like x 1
  20. underwaterdick

I have not denied any bugs, I am praising them for the ones they have fixed.

Passengers sat in off-service coaches in the sidings? Most likely not a bug and part of the design. Annoying yes, game changing, no. Especially when we all ask for 'more traffic' 'more passengers' 'more moving cars'... Forgetting that this is a console and has severe limitations.

I believe DTG deserve huge praise for bringing us this game on consoles. There are not many simulator games of any kind on console, and those that there are tend to be extremely scaled down versions.

With this being unprecedented on the console, I say bugs are to be expected, and they ARE fixing many of them. Or finding work around where hardware limitations come into play.
    I also think that the distance the game has come since release is testament to their hard work, with more and more new features for each DLC. It has already been said that some of the bugs in GWE are because they tried to do too much with the available hardware on the consoles. - They have clearly improved this and made vast improvements with less bugs. What we are seeing more of is increased expectations...
    "This route should be extended", "This loco should have been included" "Why don't we have HH yet" - despite being told that they can't get it to play well on console and have scrapped the idea of it.

Far too much negativity on these forums for a great game, and some of us are getting bored of it
    Yes it deserves some criticism, I won't and some individual bugs need fixing ASAP. Overall a very playable game like nothing else out there on console. With many many happy fans and incredible numbers of hours played on it.

• Like Like x 3
  21. Nick Sanderson

agree with above - i just need my corrupted data back PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!???

• Like Like x 1
  22. underwaterdick

Sorry, that wasn't aimed at you! Just some of the comments in the thread.

I hope your issue gets sorted soon!

• Like Like x 1
  23. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I guess it comes down to either we get new content every month or so or we don’t get any content for 6 months while they fix bugs.

• Like Like x 2
  24. TinTin_57

Wouldn’t take 6 months to fix some of the stuff. Should just split teams into devs for the new stuff and aftercare for everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  25. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Hmm, unfortunately maybe the later.

One thing you could try is to rebuild the PS4 database. See below.
    1. Power off your PlayStation 4 and do not use rest mode.
    2. Hold the power button down until you hear two quick beeps. This will alert you that you have entered Safe Mode.
    3. Connect your DualShock 4 controller to your USB-A slot in the front of the PlayStation 4.
    4. Scroll down in the menu until you reach option 5, Rebuild Database.
    5. Press the X button to start the rebuild.
    Rebuilding your PS4's database may take some time, depending on how full your console is and how often you install and delete games. What "rebuilding" actually does is reorganise your hard drive to make it easier and quicker for the system to access your files. A properly organised database can load data faster, decreasing the chances of choppy gameplay from your brand new triple-A titles.

Database rebuilding is a fairly simple task that should be done every few months — doing it once a quarter is best — and the more frequently you do it, the less time the process should take.
    It'll then restart and maybe, just maybe you might have recovered your save file. But don't get your hopes too high

What do you loose if your TSW ID is lost? Is it just your progress such as scenarios and services completed?

Anyway always backup your save files. These computer thingys are temperamental at times!

• Like Like x 2
  26. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

Any news about a patch to fix this?

• Like Like x 1
  27. Nick Sanderson

right - tried rebuild database - didnt work

over-wrote data with last save from a month ago - doesnt work - still get data corrupted

everything back at zero - livid!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  28. phildenty

phildenty Member

I was also pretty upset too....now I've got a profile for every track or line....the trophies that didn't pop on my original profile are now popping up

• Like Like x 1
  29. Nick Sanderson

good thinking - i’ll do that too but back at square one!

• Like Like x 1
  30. Nick Sanderson

Any update on this? Every time I load TSW, it pops up with Corrupted Data - my new profiles are ok but my main one is toast....all due to the 08 service - any fixes?

• Like Like x 1
  31. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  32. TrainSim-Daniel

TrainSim-Daniel Active Member

Your data is stored entirely on your console or within the PSN cloud. If a file has become corrupted then sadly we have no way of accessing it to either fix the issue or replace it.

If you have the PSN cloud you can try deleting your local copy and restoring it from the cloud but any lost/corrupted data is likely to be lost permanently.

• Like Like x 1
  33. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

hey Daniel, thanks for the reply
    We need an update about the patch to fix this problems, do you have any info?

• Like Like x 1
  34. Nick Sanderson

I tried to delete and re-upload and earlier version but I still get the corrupted data message every time I go back into TSW. Lost years of progress!!! Hey-ho.

• Like Like x 1
  35. Big Papi34

That sucks.

• Like Like x 1
  36. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

The crashes are happening specifically on the Man. Victoria area, right after or before Miles Platting, depending on the direction you're traveling. Also, they occurred when using the double header (2 locomotives) consist with the heavy oil train. It's no surprise since the frame rate drops are constant and it's extremely low in some areas, besides that optimization are practically non-existent. Please devs, could someone take a look on this issue? we're waiting for feedback since the beginning of June TrainSim-Daniel TrainSim-Dmitri

• Like Like x 1