Route Semmeringbahn - Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Player Feedback' started by DTG Alex, Apr 18, 2024.

1. DTG Alex

DTG Alex Senior Community Manager Staff Member

This is the master feedback thread for the Semmeringbahn: Wiener Neustadt - Mürzzuschlag Route Add on. Please keep all discussions only related to feedback.

Please provide the game platform you are using in any comments for feedback!

Notice for Xbox One users
    We are excited about the upcoming release of Semmeringbahn, and we hope you are too. From our testing, we've identified a couple of crash instances affecting Xbox One platforms that we want to make you aware of:
    • (Xbox One) Crashes using custom 4024 and 1116 liveries on services
    • (Xbox One) Crashes on CJX9 (2975) service in the 'Journey' mode
    Our team is currently working on a patch that addresses these issues which we weren't able to be included for the release timeline, we'll keep you informed on when you can expect these on our social media channels and announcements.

Please note these performance issues are only affecting Xbox One consoles, we've not identified any concerns with other platforms.

Support Information:
    Semmeringbahn Gameplay Guide

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  2. shimarin

shimarin Active Member

* 1116: The cab lights cannot be switched on.. Is the cab light switch next to the engine room light switch non-operational in real life? Shouldn't the engine room lights turn off automatically after 3 minutes? Also, shouldn't the reading light turn on if you hold the switch at the "I/0" position? Does the light switch on the desk seriously only have 3 positions on the Austrian version of this loco, shouldn't it have four positions? (timetable light on > timetable light on (spring switch) > Off > cab light on (spring switch)

* In the "ÖBB 1116 Passenger Introduction" training module the cat boy tells us to set the headlights, but after that he didn't mention that you also need to set the "exterior master light switch" to on.

* 1116: Practically every single Hungarian label have typos or other grammatical (compunding) errors. I can imagine most of them are like this in real life (the Hungarian translation of the MFA's software and the Hungarian labels in the Hungarian version of the loco were/are also bad), but surely the labels on the outside ("100 A-es biztositekék" [instead of "100 A-es biztosítékok"] and "Rugóerötároló" [instead of "Rugóerőtároló", which to me still sounds weird] are typos by DTG, right?

* 1116: Shouldn't the "MAV Reserve" switches on the backside of the cab (unlike on the DB BR 182?) should've been used for turning on-off the EVM-120 (instead of creating a new relay for this), and to switch between its modes.

* 1116: When you press down the foot pedal of the horn, the mirror foot pedal also gets pressed down.

* 1116: As the needle is not illuminated, the catenary voltage meter is unreadable in the dark.

* 4024: The controller combos for Cruise Control ([]+R1/R2) doesn't work. This works on the Voralberg version.

At Eichberg the El 6 signal render weirdly on PS5, ie at the start of the 'I Need a Hero' scenario it's split in half, but at the end of the scenario it looks like how it should.

PS5

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

There are two overhead cab lights that do work though.

4. Bradley

Bradley Well-Known Member

Sifa is a pain in the 1116, also who the heck is “cat boy”

• Like Like x 3
  5. DTG Alex

Gentle reminder we will remove posts in this thread that aren't related to providing details about issues and general feedback for the Semmeringbahn route, to allow our development teams more efficiency when collating community reports. Please start new topics in the General Discussion forum to talk more openly, thank you! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. DTG Alex

Can you please confirm the game platform you are using please? :)

7. razmatus#2517

razmatus#2517 Well-Known Member

in what way if I may ask?

8. li150special

li150special Well-Known Member

Played it on PS5. Decent route, but:

- External camera "stutters" for a second or so when being selected when the loco is in a "busy area", i.e. many tracks or static stock
    - 1116 does NOT have context-sensitive alarm button (PZB/Sifa)
    - banner repeater at Mürzzuschlag directly under main signal (why?) and changes directly with main signal
    - maximum speed even for intermodals seems to be limited to 100 kph rather than 120 kph on the fast section between Wiener Neustadt and Gloggnitz
    - almost no speed boards when driving from Gloggnitz to Semmering (not sure whether they are there in reality)

Also, no bugs but some wishes to make the route even cooler:

- correct pantograph setup for double headers (like on the 1116) should be implemented on other locos
    - please make also the Dispolok and MRCE 182 as well as the Railion, Railpool, and MRCE 185 sub in

Thanks.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
    • Like Like x 6
  9. razmatus#2517

"1116 does NOT have context-sensitive alarm button (PZB/Sifa)" which means what, please elaborate :) I am yet to play the route (not at home atm), so I would like to know what I can expect... if Sifa beeps and gives enough warning, thats fine by me, as long as it is not bugged (like on I think BR146 from KWG which was AI model there and has bugged Sifa which triggers brakes immediately upon lighting up and doesnt give you beep warnings before applying brakes as it should)

10. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Sooo... Who's gonna tell him that none of the 185s run on the Semmeringbahn Irl

• Like Like x 5
  11. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Welcome to austria ;)

• Like Like x 3
  12. Xander1986

Xander1986 Well-Known Member

I have already create a support ticket for a mistake on the 1116! In the display where you can change the country to cross the border there is Switzerland included but thats impossible with this loco! Reason: There is no SBB small 3rd panto in game. So this loco can not get there at all.

Naamloos1.png

This is the 1116 in CH modus:
    [​IMG]

In general this 1116 serie has different sub series with different capable country options.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  13. ColaLover22

ColaLover22 Member

Please make the mirrors working:(

• Like Like x 5
  14. simon edwards

simon edwards New Member

unable to use obb 1116 on other routes in scenario planner.is this a bug or is it supposed to be that way

• Like Like x 1
  15. FallenAngel00me

FallenAngel00me Well-Known Member

Mastery is broken. Timetable services aren't counting

16. DJsnapattack

DJsnapattack Well-Known Member

Matt explained that working mirrors are not a viable addition to the game in the live stream.

17. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

And considering how terrible, and performance heavy, rear view mirrors are in ACC, I do believe him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ColaLover22

ColaLover22 Member

They do not have to be actual mirroring mirrors, but they'd still pop out. Just like in the Br 628

• Like Like x 4
  19. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Loving the route, great visuals and Wiener Neustadt has trains everywhere but 2 small niggles:

1) where are the passengers? Platforms are empty and the concourse downstairs at WN is devoid of life

2) where is the vectron? I’ve been playing for 3 hours and have seen no subbing in

On PS5 as always

• Like Like x 3
  20. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

When does this drop on Steam?

21. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

It’s been available for about an hour now I think

22. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

There is a circular foot bridge behind the roundhouse at Murzuschlag. You can climb up the stairs and start along the path and then you fall through to the grass/ out of bounds area below and cannot get back out without restarting the on foot option.

Also, I have to say that I am disappointed in that the Voestalpine factory and associated set of sidings a short way from the station have not been modelled. There is an industrial building but no tracks. This would have been a great little addition for shunting freight cars around. :-(

The Sudbahn Museum needs a bit more work on it too... Sudbahn Murz.jpg WP_20151023_12_26_13_Pro (2016_09_27 09_13_19 UTC).jpg #SCN1449.JPG

• Like Like x 12
  23. Trainiac

Trainiac Well-Known Member

If you need to cancel Sifa it won’t also acknowledge PZB at the same time like on the Vectron

• Like Like x 1
  24. solicitr

Don't have it. Nothing downloaded since the small Mastery patch early this AM.

EDIT: Huh! Just downloaded ten minutes ago.

25. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Done 2 runs so far and enjoying this route.

• Like Like x 1
  26. protonmw

protonmw Active Member

ÖBB 1116:
    • OHLE voltage needle not illuminated,
    • AFB not mapped to Raildriver axis :(,
    • headlights switch not mapped to "H" :(,
    • train length measurement (roadrunner) available?
    • energy meters kWh not working
    • very good sound! :love:

Route:
    • Vorsignal 60 km/h without 1000 Hz influence at 82.2 km approaching Payerbach-Reichenau
    • you can walk around the barrier at Wiener-Neustadt near the parked cargo wagons at platform 1 ;)

• Like Like x 1
  27. solicitr

First impression, simply messing around with the Taurus introduction: the 1116 is a wonderful loco model! It isn't just the old 182 with a new control desk, it's been overhauled from stem to stern. The in-cab sounds are especially well-done. I also appreciate the new AFB algorithm which better represents prototypical operation than older TSW versions.

• Like Like x 4
  28. ben#6357

ben#6357 Active Member

A bogie floats in the air at Mürzzuschlag train station.
    However, it continues to move or drive when the freight train leaves around 10:01 a.m.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Rhazv

Rhazv Member

I've noticed something weird when driving with PZB and AFB in the 1116. Maybe this is prototypical for the Taurus, but I have never seen this on any other locomotive. The AFB automatically reduces its target speed based on PZB status. So if you pass a 1000 Hz magnet and acknowledge PZB, the AFB setting automatically jumps down to 80 kmh from whatever speed > 80 kmh it was set at before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  30. traindori

traindori Well-Known Member

The performance is bad again. It's a shame, the good impression is ruined again.

31. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

Interesting, will have to check that out tomorrow.

32. meridian#2659

So again the major substitution problem, dtg introduced with tsw4? And where is the 1116 on vorarlberg? Couldnt find it at all.

Riesa dresden is full of 185.5, some 143 on freight but no third party substitution or subs from other routes.

So yes where is the vectron?

• Like Like x 1
  33. meridian#2659

So far the 1116 is made very well, this loco is austrias rail horse and it was the right thing to add.

Good the brake release switch is working and the slave modes. Even the vectron is recognized in the display.

Now with borders i was hoping the "T switch" is working for the border and neutral sections, but they didnt implement that. Well not a big contra. Top locomorive and glad to have it.

• Like Like x 1
  34. Spikee1975

Spikee1975 Well-Known Member

That is LZB behaviour. The AFB has no idea of any speed restriction other than PZB VMZ unless transmitted via LZB cable or ETCS. Though I won't rule out that this might be a Taurus PZB feature, technically it's possible. (PZB90 v1.6 doesn't have this feature)

Rubbish pseudo code
    ON PZB 1000 TRIGGER
    WHILE PZB COUNTDOWN
    AFB LIMIT 80 (or 65 / 50 depending on Zugart)
    WEND
    AFB LIMIT CONTROLLER_POS

• Like Like x 1
  35. razmatus#2517

well, for acknowledging Sifa there is Q key and for acknowledging PZB there is PgDn, as far as I know :)

36. razmatus#2517

this is from Semmeringbahn Discussion Thread:
    has anyone of you tested if this is true or if it is maybe a situational/platform bug? I mean, of course it can only be tested in Free roam and a highspeed route, but still, I am curious now, damn :D

edit: I am super curious, so before running Taurus on its home route, I am going to give it a go on KWG, SKA and HMA aka German highspeed LZB routes, in Free roam, and see if the statement by this user is valid or if it is just the game/DLC/loco misbehaving... cos like, yeah, on Semmeringbahn and other layered routes it wont go THAT fast, but as a loco capable of high speeds, it is bound to be tested on all kinds of speedy situations, and this has to be done correctly... will do that testing, and let you guys know then what I found or not :)

37. meridian#2659

So i was checking Wien Neustadt. There were Taurus 1116 everywhere, but not a single vectron. Not on a service and not in the depots...not gonna test the route until this has been confirmed as solved. Tired of substitution bugs and DTG pretending everything is fine.

• Like Like x 3
  38. BRD

BRD Well-Known Member

Road runner is there, but unfortunately it still uses the old implementation of it as they did for the original BR 182. It reacts only if you click on the throttle lever twice ( or press A twice ).

I would have preferred if the loco had been set up like the Vectron was, where it has a proper button for it and doesn't react on double taps on throttle lever.

• Like Like x 3
  39. cabbepe#2092

cabbepe#2092 Member

Yes, I also found out that if you activate LZB along with PZB, the Taurus loco automatically reduces to the current PZB restricted speed. But it’s only visible in normal HUD. You still have to acknowledge PZB as usual. That’s not automatic.Try It! I also would like someone from DTG do a demo on coming videos, because it’s interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  40. Spikee1975

Normal HUD is never reliable. (Only players interested in medals or scores must bend to its unrealism, simmers will dismiss it.)

41. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I was just coming on here to say the same thing plus to ask the question of whether Austria has 500hz magnets????

42. Spikee1975

Yes. Note that even in Germany though, not every main signal is protected by a 500 Hz magnet. Can be evaluated if necessary for a certain location. (And is cost related - especially german railway is in serious financial troubles currently, we're awaiting Beeching's return.)

https://infrastruktur.oebb.at/de/ge...gen/dokument?datei=50-02-07_ver07.12.2022.pdf

43. Xander1986

This is OBB taurus correct PZB working! When the train is in restricted mode the PZB keeps the train in 45 until the PZB restriction modus is cancelt by the system it self. You can set the AFB to the trackspeed and the train will not run above 45!

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  44. Xander1986

I have noticed that on the 1116 the door symbol... "T" doesn't change colour when you open the doors... It will still remain blue! When the doors are unlocked it should be yellow.

45. Spikee1975

Thanks for the info - I wasn't aware of such an "enhanced PZB/AFB". Really only know my I60/PZB90 :)

• Like Like x 1
  46. LIRRGuy

LIRRGuy Well-Known Member

Off the rails mode exist

47. steveownzzz#6107

steveownzzz#6107 Well-Known Member

1116 is awesome and the route is beautiful, I’d can’t give much more feedback right now because I’m too busy driving it

48. solicitr

Either some speed-reduction signs are missing, or OBB just doesn't install them for small (10 km/h) reductions. Which is it?

• Like Like x 1
  49. simon edwards

simon edwards New Member

have tried it using off the rails mode it says formation is unavailable for this scenario for any formation

50. Kamaratko

Kamaratko Active Member

Are you sure? Well, if this is true, I’m not buying this route for my PS5. Suffering with this on older DLC’s reported few times and nobody cares, and at the same time reason why I regret buying DB BR 101 DLC or SKA with ICE, becouse its not working like it should and its annoying to drive them then…

If thats true its definetly big problem for PS5 players who want to play with safety systems. You call it context-sensitive alarm button, I call it DACBSST - Dualsense’s adaptive circle button safety system triggering. You can read more here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/dualsense-circle-button-malfunction.80664/

Good thing I waitied with purchase for player reviews, this is a gamechanger for me, Why should I buy product that does not have working safety systems when thats the most atractive part of simulation for me.

• Like Like x 1