June Dts Sale Now Live!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Jun 17, 2019.

1. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

JuneSale_Trains_1920x1080.jpg
    The June Dovetail Store Sale is now live! Explore the variety of TS19 and TSW discounts, including deals on base games, routes, and locos:

store.dovetailgames.com/w/sale

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. ChooChooKeith

ChooChooKeith Active Member

I wish the U-Bahn was half the price :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I find it strange that items that are not working properly are still being sold.
    The TGV® Réseau and RDuplex come to mind

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChooChooKeith

Why is this not working? I don't have it but what's the problem with it?

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. ChooChooKeith

Looks like there are some big issues on this and it says its a Pro-Range Train which The ICE 407 comes to mind and I have an issue where the AFB does not exceed 160km/hr for some reason or I am not driving it right as I have to turn off the AFB to goto a higher speed. The TGV seems to have an issue with the graphic of the Pantograph touching the wire as you said above and some other issues such as the one comment that illustrates in the screenshots.

When I can I am getting the U-bahn which really looks well done and with the information system and everything. The one comment said he would rather have the TGV then U-bahn but I just think the U-Bahn is a better layout and with all the features too. I hope they get the other issues resolved with the TGV though.

Thanks

7. ChooChooKeith

Is the sale over now because it shows in the dovetail store that it is still on but steam says the regular prices???

8. tim43116

tim43116 New Member

Yes. I have had the same issue. The game store at Dovetail shows a lots of sale items but as soon as you go through to Steam to checkout there is no sale. I bought Edinburgh-Glasgow yesterday for £14.99 but according to the dovetail store it should have been £4.49. All the sale advertising while the game is loading shows that the sale should be on. I have stopped buying until I get a reply.

9. TrainSim-Dmitri

The June sale is long over, it's already the end of July now.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim-Dmitri

Dovetail Store and Steam Store are different things. The only promotion running on Dovetail Store currently are the Weekly Deals. There is a DLC Sale on Steam however, here and here.

• Like Like x 1
  11. tim43116

tim43116 New Member

Thank you for your prompt reply. I think I must have got confused somewhere. When I load Train Simulator, everything in the store is currently on sale with -60% etc discount. This also shows when added to the basket. When I then press checkout, it goes to steam to pay and no discount shows. Also when loading a scenario, it advertises the Add-on Encore Sale which started yesterday.
    Many apologies if I still seem confused, Tim.

12. ChooChooKeith

I thought it might be extended because of the pricing. Thank you for clearing that up.

13. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hmmm, regarding the in-game store - that's weird that you see everything at -60%. I'll double-check that for you when I'm in the office.

Yep, the Encore Sale is currently live and features a variety of products discounted, but I'll double-check what is it that may be going on there for you.

14. TrainSim-Dmitri

Ah, I understand. No worries, it's my fault - this thread is pinned despite the fact that the sale ended a while ago.

15. TrainSim-Dmitri

Hi again, so there definitely is an issue with the way the prices are shown in the in-game store. As you all said, most products seem to be discounted yet when you go to Steam checkout the prices stay the same.

This is not normal and the prices should not be discounted (apart from the 30 products that are on the Add-On Encore Sale which started two days ago). The discounts are shown because the cache of the store was not refreshed properly. Usually, we refresh cache after every single action we do in terms of implementing sales, but sometimes there are issues. I talked to the retail team and they will try refreshing the cache again, which should fix the issue. Hopefully, this will be done early today unless they run into some kind of issues.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ChooChooKeith

Everything has refreshed. I will be looking for the discounts again specifically U-Bahn because the regular price is way too much. its more then the sim itself..

• Like Like x 1