PlayStation Gwr Hst

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by danjoda755, Aug 1, 2019.

1. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Having very comfortably mastered the HST, I decided to try pushing her to the limits, got her to 150mph on a Paddington to Cardiff service. Aside from avoiding faulting out by running a red signal, and I imagine a lower point score, has anyone experienced any other consequences like derailments, engine overheating or anything else? Just curious.

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

You did better than the real thing, they've "only" got 143mph out of that. Did you get to overtake any slower moving HSTs? :D

I would imagine it would be hard to derail on Brunel's billiard table, the route's very straight and flat.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

If you want to derail a HST the best way i've found is to take one out of the sheds near Acton yard, go as far as you can go without passing a red signal, then put it in reverse and max out the throttle to hit the wall :)

4. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Hi. Nope, no overtakes, surprisingly few yellow signals. I was hoping for a bit more realism though, in my past career (NYC Transit, retired now), I'd have been skinned and eaten for hot dogging, even if timed signals permitted such merriment! Funny, I needed a nap after my morning runs, dreamed I was dragged behind an SW1000 for showing off, lolll. Train nightmares, ai yi yi!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Not exactly looking to derail, more curious about potential consequences of cannonballing in TSW.

6. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

I think in TSW 2020 the new scoring system will penalise you for breaking speed limits.

• Like Like x 2