Crashing In North-trans Pennines (ps4)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Deltic00, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

I have recently purchased the heavy freight pack for NTP on PS4. I’m really enjoying it, especially the class 40 but I’ve noticed a new problem has developed with the add on. Just south of Miles Platting station there is a spot where my game will crash instantly I will get an error message and returned to the PlayStation home screen. This happens every time in both directions to and from Manchester Victoria, this means I am unable to fully complete this route until it’s fixed, I ran the route 5 times from Manchester to Leeds as the point where the crashing happens isn’t far from Manchester and 4 out of 5 times the game has crashed.

• Like Like x 2
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

A few of us have had this in the same area. Would encourage you to log a ticket with DTG

Also FYI TrainSim-Dmitri

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Yeah I've just asked Matt who said that the team is looking into it currently. I'll keep you updated.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Manclion

Manclion Well-Known Member

I've noticed that the distant scenery goes foggy just before getting blue screened,
    Mostly happens in the Miles Platting area but has also happened elsewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  5. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I have issues on NTP when departing Manchester Victoria and I open up the route with the touchpad, it’ll take a good 30 seconds or so to show up, if it actually does show up as most the time it’ll freeze.

This issue is the same when in NY Penn Station but that doesn’t freeze, it just takes a while due to the size.

• Like Like x 1
  6. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

• Like Like x 1
  7. danjoda755

danjoda755 Member

Because of limited file management on PS 4, I suggest that after the crash, (CE-34878-0 error code), simply power down system completely, then restart console. It helped me improve my dlcs performance, if not 100%, still helps a lot. Also make sure your PS4 operating system is fully updated.

• Like Like x 2
  8. rcmarple

rcmarple Member

+1 with this PS4 crash. Noticed it trying a scheduled fuel tanker trip in the Class 47 from Victoria to Leeds. I have completed the trip the other way (Leeds to Victoria) but this was with a pair of Class 40s.
    I'm sure they'll work out what the fix is and patch soon...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Manclion

*tumbleweed*

• Like Like x 1
  10. Vinnie

Vinnie Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  11. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, we have identified the issue with crashes on the Northern Trans-Pennine, and the team is currently looking into fixing it. Thanks to everyone for sending your reports in and apologies for any inconvenience.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

An acknowledgement AND an apology. Progress indeed. Good stuff.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  13. InspectorTiger

InspectorTiger Well-Known Member

But not good enough. I want a personal apology, sent by post, on deckle-edged notepaper, signed by all the team. And a bouquet of flowers.

14. Manclion

Hi Dmitri the problem still persists after the latest update.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Manclion

Despite what was said in the stream about it being fixed it still hasn't been, any news?

• Like Like x 2
  16. Manclion

Silence tells me all I need to know, nearly 3 months on and a major issue like this still isn't resolved despite telling us the issue is solved.
    Now where did I put the number for trading standards..

• Like Like x 1
  17. Manclion

DTG absolute bunch of charlatans, great customer service 10/10

18. InspectorTiger

I understand you must be frustrated about this, but is repeatedly insulting the only people who can help you really the best strategy? If anything, I would have thought being nice to them would be a better idea.

19. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It looks like Manclion has been patient and polite earlier in the thread and it hasn't worked. How much fawning to DTG would be enough to get the problem fixed?

20. Manclion

My patience on this issue wore out long ago, DTG stated on a stream this issue is resolved since then they ignored a ticket I put in and ignored on this forum.
    Just a simple sentence from them where they are upto if indeed they are doing anything about it at all then I wouldn't be so frustrated.
    It's been over three months now and since then they released TSW2020 and another DLC with another around the corner I suspect with issues still unresolved with services that are impossible to complete since January!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  21. InspectorTiger

Since I'm not in any sense the official DTG forum mole, I couldn't tell you exactly. But I will say if you've reported a problem, and the company have confirmed they know about the problem and are working on it, you've done all you need to do. Saying they're all charlatans who should be reported to Trading Standards won't help your case. If you want to be taken seriously as a bug reporter, keep it calm, factual, and unemotional. No lives are at stake here, except maybe simulated ones.

22. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

You mean you do all this DTG arse kissing for nothing?
    If all you need is to be told that a problem is being worked on to satisfy you indefinitely, then you are clearly easily pleased. I'd say you were in a tiny minority that would accept such a vague statement without further challenge after a reasonable time.

As someone said so eloquently about you in another thread: You are the kind of person that let developers get away with what they do. Try to have some backbone, it's pitiful to see such sycophantic behaviour.

And as for being taken seriously as a "bug reporter". What kind of nonsense is that? Who is claiming such a title? All I see is a dissatisfied customer not a pretend "bug reporter" looking for validation.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  23. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

Well, it seems that you have managed to trip up again. The majority of your posts are really helpful (genuinely). But when you apply your sharp wit to dissatisfied customers that have paid hard cash for a product, can you see why they would be upset?

If you report a bug, using the normal channels, and you are nice, you don't necessarily get:

- confirmation that there is a problem (a listening failure)
    - any indication that they will do anything about the problem (multiple failure)

But you might, if you are on PS4, get advice to:

- set up a new player profile and start again (based on nothing at all, and not really quite fair)
    - rebuild your PS4 database, a defrag in other words (based on nothing at all, and totally wrong)
    - reinstall TSW (based on nothing at all, and totally wrong)

But you do get something:

- your email is added to a mailing list for TS20xx products, even if you don't have TS20xx
    - if you unsubscribe from the TS20xx list, you then get added to the Flight Simulator mailing list

Anyway... back to the topic.... I have found this thread extremely useful. I will certainly not be buying the Freight Pack for NTP, given the sheer level of unresolved bugs in it. I have no idea why they couldn't test the software properly before publishing it, and selling it. I am quite surprised that Sony has given DTG any approval at all to develop on the Playstation platform. And even though Epic might make about 5% on each sale, I am slightly surprised that Epic has given DTG the keys to cook to PS4. It's that bad, reputationally, for Unreal Engine.

All that said, when it does work, TSW can be quite awesome...., so maybe expectations get raised when (really very very expensive) DLC comes out, and it turns out to be very very broken....

• Like Like x 3
  24. Manclion

Patronising much?

25. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

This company is a joke. The game could be great, but it seems they don't have enough money or enough well prepared programmers. The console versions are terrible in a lot of aspects. They wouldn't pass any serious QC. I'm happy that someone put a real simulator on consoles, but such a messy bunch of bugs is totally unacceptable for a commercial product. Thanks God I read this thread and I didn't buy the heavy freight pack... I'm already fed up with bug sounds in BR 155, another pricey DLC put on sale without a damn testing process.

26. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

Has anyone tried this since the latest patch? It references a GPU improvement around Manchester area. I have recently got a refund from Sony for this add on so can’t try it myself, not buying it again until I know it’s fixed also.

27. Manclion

No nothing has changed it still crashes in the Miles Platting area, no idea what the GPU improvements are.

28. Manclion

Still nothing, ridiculous situation approaching FIVE months now..

29. warrenwoodhouse

warrenwoodhouse New Member

How do you log a ticket? Can you provide a link to where we can do this?

30. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

31. warrenwoodhouse

warrenwoodhouse New Member