Csx Freight Cars Have Gone Quiet, 2020 Update Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

What is up with DTG and making everything silent??? I drove a CSX coal hoppers for a small trip, but i can't hear much feedback from the hoppers, they are all silent, before 2020 update they had some decent audio feedback, you know....rumble, creaks, flange, wheel rubbing, rail joints.....there's a problem with the sound system for the CSX freight cars, checked my anti-virus just incase but nothing there, aproved the software etc. To replicate this issue just drive a CSX coal hopper service or timetable

• Like Like x 1
  2. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

Please submit a ticket to DTG support. I appreciate that you noticed this too. I posted videos of before and after with the coal cars. It also happens with intermodal and autorack cars. Maybe more, as I'm still testing consists. It really takes away from the immersion factor. Plus, it was working prior to the update. There is already two threads on this topic.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-car-sounds-in-csx-hh-since-the-update.17858/

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-sand-patch-grade-rail-car-sound-isues.17821/

• Like Like x 4
  3. Gabe_1.0

Yeah, I will send them a support ticket. I am not sure what's happened. It's not my pc or anything. Something is broken the sounds.

*edit: sent a support ticket

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  4. Gabe_1.0

I can confirm the very high freight cars are also quiet two. That's two freight cars that have lost their nosiness, its likely the whole stock of freight cars is down

5. RMNRWY

RMNRWY Member

Thanks for sending a support ticket. Yep, I discovered the same issue that you are having.

6. Gabe_1.0

I hope to hear back with some news via the support ticket, on my end of the world is Sunday. If where the Devs are is Monday I can see some information as soon as the next few days

7. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Its a public holiday this Monday in the UK so might not be until Tues earliest. Just a heads up.

8. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Always the same with DTG bugfixes, fixing one thing and breaking working stuff....

9. Gabe_1.0

DGT have replied and they said the issue described has now been reported to the Dev Team now that we have had multiple reports across a wide range of hardware.

Our next update is due shortly so please check the sounds once more after this update has gone live

• Like Like x 1
  10. kalteVollmilch

kalteVollmilch Well-Known Member

How do you know that? Is there some kind of update schedule?

11. Gabe_1.0

I
    I only know this because of what the support ticket said to the issue reported

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  12. Callum B.

Callum B. Well-Known Member

I got the same response. Fingers crossed that the next update fixes this issue!

• Like Like x 1