Lirr: Access All Areas Trophy Is Not Achievable.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by karl.turkalj, Sep 5, 2019.

1. karl.turkalj

karl.turkalj New Member

Following the update that fixed Change at Jamaica on PS4, the access all area's trophy will not pop once all the scenarios are completed.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

This has been mentioned, as an aside, in other threads, but I think it is worth flagging with a new thread, as you have done. Thanks!

Now, all we need, is for someone from DTG to say that they are aware of the issue, and give an indication of when they are likely to fix it.

3. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

There is an issue on PS4 where if you complete all requirements for a trophy it can take a long period of time for it to pop. This is a PS4/server issue so I suggest you wait a little bit to see if it pops.

4. synthetic.angel

Hi Dmitri

This issue isn't a biggie for me, as I am not a trophy hunter, per se. (I just like simulations). But it is a big issue to quite a few people, especially PS4 players. So, for my own sake, this LIRR trophy has low priority - although I note that I should have been awarded the trophy on the day the "Change At Jamaica" scenario became functional. You say the answer is to wait a little bit of time. Has a little bit of time passed since the PS4 fix? How long is a "little bit" of time....?

More importantly (I think) is that you state that this trophy depends on communication with a server. Really? On PS4, trophies are awarded whether or not the PS4 is connected to anything else, at all. Every single trophy is awarded like this, in every game (although there are games that require action on a server, where the game is hosted online, and the PS4 depends on data from the game running on the server). Can you please confirm:

Do all/any of the TSW trophies require an internet connection?

And if the answer is yes.... Well.... Why.....?

If the answer is "No", then your answer to the OP reduces down to.... "You have a PS4".

Can you see why this might be annoying?

5. synthetic.angel

6. karl.turkalj

karl.turkalj New Member

Well it has been 10 days and still nothing. I don't think thats the case....

7. synthetic.angel

I am working on a fix for this. And if it works, then DTG will have some serious explaining to do. Because it will come as a very horrible shock to everyone if my fix works.

I have a hunch that DTG knows exactly what is technically wrong with this LIRR trophy on PS4, and the equivalent "All In Order" one on MSB. And that they could fix it, but choose not to. I don't know this to be the case - it's just my belief. I am very much hoping to prove myself wrong.

Watch this space.

8. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hey guys, I gave you the info that I managed to obtain from the devs, I do know that there were cases where people received their trophies after some time, and there are players who already have all the trophies collected. I'll ask for more details but unlikely to come back with anything substantial. I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

9. synthetic.angel

Hi Dmitri

Thanks for this (for trying). I have to be honest with you, in that I don't believe for one moment that the release (or "popping") of trophies is something that just resolves itself randomly after a "period of time", "a little bit (of time)", or "some time". It requires an event to occur, and for some commands/messages from the core software to complete successfully, and with PS4, for those messages to tie-in with the PS4's OS.

It does not (or absolutely should not...) require access to an external internet server - but... if you are absolutely sure that it does, can you please confirm this? If you are not sure, can you please not say stuff like "This is a PS4/server issue".

What we need to know from the devs is what the event required is, for each trophy. This is not necessarily the same thing as the description of the trophy requirements (although it should be....).

Q1. I suspect that the event (with respect to this particular trophy) is a successful count of certain very specific events. But what events?
    Q2. I suspect that the message to release the trophy, when the requirements are met, sometimes gets interfered with, so another key question would be "What else is happening with the core TSW software, when this message is sent?"

There are four fixes required at your end:

A1. All event counting systems in the software need to be checked to ensure that they are working as intended, and (crucially) reporting the correct information to the relevant table/array, and (cosmetically) that this information is then also correctly displayed in the UI.

A2. For anyone that has not yet met the reasonably expected requirements for a trophy, the core software needs to be robustly checked and adjusted so that when they do meet the requirements for the trophy in the future, that the correct message is sent, and that they get the trophy. (And, of course, if this had been done properly at the start, and when TSW was updated to TSW2020, then these problems would not arise).

A3. For anyone that has already met the reasonably expected requirements for the trophy, but not been awarded the trophy, a further fix is required to force the core software to re-compare its (now correct) counting data to the PS4 trophy table, and then re-deliver the message to award the trophy if the relevant trophy is not showing, or, just re-deliver the message (once only).

A4. When the message to award a trophy is given, you need to ensure that nothing else is interfering with that thread. Now, purely as a theoretical example, if the message is sent at the end of the completion of a module, you would need to ensure that there are no other unrelated and particularly aggressive CPU events that take place at the same time, take over the priority, and that force the trophy message to time-out. Say, for example, a massive data dump and transmission to a very stressed server in Chatham. For example.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
  10. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

My LIRR trophy eventually popped when I was well into Level 11 so it would be interesting to know what the actual trigger for that was. I'm still waiting for Regional Rider having ridden up and down RT and MST for well over 100km - what's the mechanism there that's tracking my distance as a passenger, and how is that counter being checked?

It would be interesting to have a full stats page within TSW to view total distances/steps/scenarios/services/passenger loads/SIFA alerts checked in each location and throughout the game - is this available somewhere/somehow that I'm missing? The current display of miles and medals isn't enough to accurately track how you're progressing with a lot of the trophies.

11. synthetic.angel

Hi TrainSim-Dmitri

I have (today) acquired this LIRR trophy "Access All Areas", which I received instantly when I implemented a workaround for PS4. It's the same workaround that I used yesterday for the MSB "All In Order" trophy. And I am fairly sure that this workaround applies to very many other trophies (and I can list the specific ones). And this workaround is reliable - because I know why the workaround works, and why these trophies don't always "pop" for some people, and why sometimes they do (for some - maybe even most of the time...). I also know why other workarounds for this problem don't always work.

The question now is - do you know why there are problems with these trophies, on PS4?

I am going to release the workaround at the end of the week, explaining how it works, and why. And what DTG need to do to the core software on PS4 to implement a fix. It's something that DTG might not want to do, but it's something that you really should do. You have said:

Alternatively, I suggest that you come back with something substantial, very soon (this week), and explain to your customers what is happening, in your own words, and why you are doing what you are doing. If you can't get this information from your devs, then I would be very happy to explain what is happening, at the end of the week.

But I do want to thank you - because it was one of your posts that gave me the idea for my workaround. I had hoped my workaround would not work, but to my shock and horror it did work, perfectly.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. synthetic.angel

I have posted a solution to this specific trophy here:
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...-workaround-tested-and-fixes-proposals.18340/

It will take you about two hours to re-do the scenarios, and you should get the trophy instantly, at the end of the last one that you complete.

Let me know if this doesn't happen (I am about 99% sure this method will work for you, for this trophy).

• Like Like x 1