Euro Fishing Dovetail, Please Change The Manor Farm Boss Fish Achievement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smaugey, Feb 25, 2018.

1. smaugey

smaugey Member

No one has been able to complete Manor Farm since its release in early September, the countless hours collectively spent by everyone who has attempted to complete it I don't want to imagine. The mere fact that we are approaching March and it still hasn't been addressed is beggars belief.

Instead of fixing a known issue (don't forget the Foundry Dock issue, which was fixed by accident), you have ploughed ahead with DLC after DLC which shows contempt for loyal players and I'll be honest your practices are awful, each patch breaks an equal amount of things you 'fix'. I'm certain as with myself this makes people dislike Dovetail and this game in general, PR wise, you guys are not doing well at all.

There is no excuse for this length of time to pass without a fix to this problem. If you guys cannot fix it, then there is still no excuse to at least change the achievement to something accomplish-able, 'catch 10 boss fish' or something like that, others companies have done this, so you can do it to. I think a lot of people would like this game to be finished on their list, which is impossible right now.

Please just make it do-able, it is a really simple fix, until you guys can actually get every fish in the lake, please do not make people wait longer.

Kind regards,

Smaugey

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. Redbulladdict-85

Redbulladdict-85 Active Member

Think u took the words right out my mouth couldn’t said it any better totally agree with what u said it’s a shame when u think about it I really enjoy playing the game and collecting achievements is one of my main goals as I’m a trophy hunter and to see my achievement list sittting uncompleted does cheese me off just hope they put all the glitches and errors right

• Like Like x 1
  3. ignoringfosters

ignoringfosters Active Member

yeah i just want to catch the last boss fish and why didnt they do 2000g instead of 1970:/

• Like Like x 1
  4. Candles

Candles Member

I think this would definitely be the best solution at this point. If all the other previously uncatchable fish were fixed except for Big Ghostie, that must mean it’s much more complicated and probably won’t be fixed.

The big issue I have is the lack of effort to listen to us and fix these fish. The only attempt they made was fixing Foundry and it didn’t even work. They accidentally fixed it with the February update. I do appreciate them releasing updates and supporting the game, but most times the updates are for fixes I never see people complaining about, which leads me to believe they could care less about our major problems with the game. With the game being added to Xbox game pass, I think it would be a good time to get it straight.

• Like Like x 2
  5. DTG_Stephen

DTG_Stephen Staff Member

The problem you have been seeing with Big Ghostie is something that our development team is aware of and will be looking at trying to fix. We can see that it is in the lake but we need to look at why it can't be caught. I will put the suggestion for an achievement change forward so that the development can look at that as a temporary measure if necessary.

• Like Like x 1
  6. ignoringfosters

ignoringfosters Active Member

to be honest stephen personally i dont want the achievement changed id much prefer a fix in place to catch said fish i dont mind waiting but at the same time communication has gone from fantastic to non existent the with community on your end

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Thickly Settled

Thickly Settled New Member

I'd love to catch this fish, please dont change the achievement requirements. I used to play 'the hell' out of this game, now I don't, at all. I'm waiting for a number of fixes to be made before I will invest any more time in it. I'm also holding off purchasing the last three dlc lakes until this game is 'fixed.' I WANT to buy them but I believe in talking with my walet.

Gamertag: Thickly Settled

• Like Like x 1
  8. Candles

Candles Member

I don’t see the reason not to change the achievement. With all the work most of us have put into Manor, of course we’d all rather the fish fixed and complete our set of boss for the lake. Unfortunately, the game has reverted back to the broken hook state again and the only fish not catchable is Big Ghostie. DTG Stephen has said in the past that they can’t seem to put a finger on what’s wrong, so in the event that they can’t get it fixed, the achievement change at least solves the issue with it being unobtainable at that moment.

All in all, we would love for the fish to be fixed, but there’s no reason to not change the achievement if it can’t be fixed. Thanks for the response DTG Stephen and for hopeful words of a solution one way or another in the future.

• Like Like x 2
  9. smaugey

smaugey Member

I agree Candles, enough time has passed that I believe the best compromise is to alter to achievement to allow us to 'complete' the game, and add hopefully in the future add Big Ghostie in, this way everyone can get something they want in a timely manner.

• Like Like x 1
  10. daverz74

daverz74 Member

This still hasn’t been sorted out nearly two years on

• Like Like x 1
  11. Pikes

Pikes New Member

This still hasn’t been sorted out. I need informations about team.

12. Pikes

Pikes New Member

The big ghostie isn't yet catchable. Please fix the game for PS4.

13. DTG Benjamin

DTG Benjamin Staff Member

Hi Pikes,

Euro Fishing will not be getting and further updates I'm afraid.