PC Impressions About Rhein Ruhr Osten: Wuppertal - Hagen Route

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by spina304, Oct 10, 2019.

1. spina304

spina304 Member

What do you thing about this dlc?

2. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

• Like Like x 1
  3. spina304

spina304 Member

4. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

How can you have an opinion without having tried?

I will have the DLC tonight, but I will not give you an opinion without having tested it, it is impossible!

If you do not want to buy either , but it is not necessary to come and say other that you do not want to buy, you have the right to not like but part pity stop saying all the time about TSW’s evil.

I signal you that if DTG stops TSW we will have no choice but TS to continue playing the train.

The other games are very badly done as well, and I don’t see as much malice towards them.
    you do not have a knife at your throat, if you do not want to buy it is your right but do not prevent others from doing it

In short, stop complaining all the time, it becomes ridiculous.

• Like Like x 8
  5. deki32

deki32 Well-Known Member

He is sadly not the only one. There are at least a dozen if not more that just flood every single TSW thread on Steam and just write toxic and childish comments. As you said, if you don't like it and don't want to buy it, it is absolutely your right. Nobody really cares about other peoples opinions. Why some people seem to think that they are somehow privileged or other people wanting to hear their crap is beyond me. Sorry if my selection of words is not the most appropriate. Cheers

• Like Like x 9
  6. LTEcactus

LTEcactus Active Member

Then why are you asking about it then?

• Like Like x 3
  7. spina304

spina304 Member

Because I will not buy it ( use logic), but I would like to know is it good or not.

8. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  9. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

If you are not buying it, why worry about it being good or not? I am trying to use logic - but since your mind is made up not to buy it, logically it doesn’t matter if others consider it good or not - you have all ready formed your opinion and made your decision.

On the other hand, if you are not firm in your conviction to not buy the DLC and want others opinions to help you decide, I ask why are others opinions so important to you? For what I find entertaining and worth my money would probably not match your decision criteria so it would be probably be wasted effort for me to list why I like or dislike the DLC with our value references being different.

• Like Like x 5
  10. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

Hi everyone!
    So to answer the question in the title of the thread:
    I like it! I've been on RRO for the last couple of hours and my first impressions are quite positive: I'll structure it as follows:
    PROS
    - Very nice scenery; Some of the assets in the scenery seem new.
    - Two routes between Hagen and Schwelm. Quite nice!
    - The S-Bahn BR 422 traction, for now, seems well-made.
    - The freight traction 185.5, although almost identical to the old freight locos we had like the 185.2, works quite nicely too.
    - There really are quite a few services in service mode, or at least so it seems.
    - I haven't yet found missing signals/signs (MSB still has at least two missing Lf7's, RSN has a missing Hp-signal).
    - I haven't yet discovered PZB bugs (182 still bugs out on re-application of 1000Hz).
    - Speeed!
    - EDIT: Nice sounds when crossing over switches in the 422
    CONS
    - 10% only ;(
    - Look at my profile picture, why no services in that? Please let us ride on RRO with the DoSto driving cab. Or give us the editor to make it ourselves...
    - Very short route. On the main line when driving fast, it almost feels too short.
    - Very strict timing on the S-Bahn services; might be unfriendly to beginners.
    - Inaccurate emergency brake procedures, missing dashboard "N" or "Notbremsung".
    - Yet again, no new locos with the MFA, which in my opinion is more fun to play with.
    - Still, no LZB - even though Railworks had (mostly) fully functional LZB.
    - EDIT: Very unrealistic flange sounds. Too monotonous and sudden. Flange is louder on tighter curves...

I will append any bugs/problems/whatever I find should I discover something.

Cheers,
    Prof

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 8
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. ProfCreeptonius

Nooo!!!
    As if my post was foreshadowing...
    So to reacquaint you with the menacing 2000Hz magnet:
    It is active on Hp0 to prevent the train passing it - most people know of this. However what is less known, is that it's also active as a GPA/GÜ on Lf7's. Now, look at the clip I've attached:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1co4lDms2bf3R7LybTdVhmvFQUXGpfxuW/view?usp=sharing

Note that there was no Lf7 board there, and no Hp signal there. I think a Lf6 board is missing, since those PZB magnets look to me like a GPA. There is also an unannounced Lf7 with 10 later on. So probably someone forgot to place a Lf6 there. The more attentive of you might now ask, "Hold on Prof, but GPA 2000Hz is only on Lf7's". Yes, dear child, you're right. So the question arises: Why 2000Hz?!?! On Lf6's the GPA is 1000Hz, not 2000Hz. Oh no!

If this outrageous bug doesn't get fixed within 24 hours, I'll complain about it... to my neighbor!

Anyways, Cheers yet again
    Prof

PS: The GPA's in TSW are mostly wrongly modeled. They are mostly just made as two magnets close to the respective Lf board. However, the third Activation Magnet is almost always missing, or am I going crazy?

EDIT: Refer to my later post for more details on the bug

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. YackSchmitt

YackSchmitt Member

Haven't had chance to play the route yet, however truth be told I'm a little bit disappointed that there's only 13 freight services, and I wasn't aware the DoSto wasn't usable either which again is disappointing.

13. hyperlord

ProfCreeptonius Thank you, your review made my day ;-)
    Purchasing tonight

14. solon

solon Active Member

Hello, I have not bought it yet. I was waiting for a jonction with the other Ruhr DLC. I am curious to have your opinion. La Grenouille has yet made a compulsive purchase without taking the time to immerse herself in this scenery ;) and asked for the refund (no novelty according to him). With a little more hindsight, what are your impressions ?

PS: I can't read the rwcentral forum on this computer. I'm using Safari, and the forum is completely distorted.

15. hyperlord

16. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

I started with the Passenger Journey yesterday.
    So far (1 Tutorial, 2 Scennarios and about 3 Services in) i like the new route.
    - The BR 422 is pretty nicely done. Its fun to drive imo
    - The Scenery is really good. Its a step forward. Several trackside bushes and distant trees just make it look pretty nice.
    - Having additional Services with the DoSto´s if you own MSB or RSN or both adding 1 or 2 new layers for RE services is great. (Even though they all seem to be Loco hauled Services)
    - Having the train DLC (182, 155 )substitute for freight Services adds variety.

Have seen 1 or maybe 2 PZB errors so far. Not a full expert on it but i think a speedlimit dropping from 120 to 80 should be acknowledged. But magnet at the yellow 80 indicator isnt activated. At a reduction from 80 to 70 the 1000HZ Magnet is active.

17. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Always the same problem with the BR 422, if you look in outside view, and you come back in the cabin, you have to get up from the seat to put back the inner sounds.

18. ProfCreeptonius

Hello to all!
    To answer some of the questions:

Glad I helped :) Hope you enjoy it.

Yes, I do. Still no DoSto services for me o.O

I have the same issue. Alternatively, if you don't wanna annoy SiFa, just go to the "2" camera and switch back. Also fixes the issue.

Refer to my GPA/GÜ guide here: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/an-introduction-to-gpa-gü-and-rsn-bug.12395/

Allow me to re-iterate the problems with the bug I've had more precisely (Sorry it was late here yesterday)
    2000Hz there as a surprise is not OK.
    Probably a Lf6 is missing, the Lf6 would've been 10.
    If the Lf6 is missing there where I got the 2000Hz, the 2000Hz is wrong and I'd expect no influence.
    If the Lf6 is missing earlier, then i should've seen it ~1km before the speed board.
    So to fix it, it's paramount to replace the missing Lf6, since as is right now, the 2000Hz is a nasty surprise to any driver doing line speed.
    Yes, if Lf6 was there then the 2000Hz would've been correct.

Sorry for being inaccurate the first time explaining.

Cheers,
    Prof.

19. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

Well for me and just for me.

I love this line, the RER + RER large suburb + freight side in the French style is awesome.

I don’t find it boring at all, on the contrary, it is very beautiful and the rolling stock is very good too, I am not a railway man so it is only for the pleasure of driving trains without too much headgear, keep in mind that this is a game of course

It is very detailed and the atmosphere is superb.
    Being able to play with all German hardware is a very big plus too.

You can drive with the "dosto" but only on the cab side of the loco not the car driver "dosto".
    For service with the dosto it is in free mode and on the RE4 or RE7 service, you will then move to the "freight" side of the junction and only in the cabin of 146.2 and 143

So you have 3 different services on the two possible junctions.

A type of RER
    A type Large suburb
    A freight

On average it will take 30 minutes in freight and 40 minutes in passengers.
    we are in average game time on TSW , personally this suits me quite well for a not too long game session .

If you liked the DLC "transit" you’ll love this one even more, there’s everything that was missing from the other.
    So yes, it’s a course on one route, but we still have two possible routes and three completely different services.

Two small reproach MR DTG , it is so good that it is too common , I want more and it lacks a diesel loco style db br 361 for the deposit see a 232 why not .

For me it’s a very good job, I also think that some people ask for one too much, it’s a game all the same don’t forget it.

Thank you so much for this beautiful DLC

PS: the frog is jaded and he does not take the time to test the lines well before giving his opinion , 2 hours of play is far too short to make an idea .

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  20. CrossEyedMary

CrossEyedMary New Member

The route is certainly very pretty and quite interesting despite it's short length. For me though the two big issues I have with it are the sudden changes in gradient which feel very unsettling to travel over especially at speed, and the apparent lack of correlation between the freight services on the route with those on RSN.
    I'm hoping that smoothing out gradient transitions is something that can be done via update because I find that it really undermines the immersion of a route.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  21. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I'm loving it so far! Whilst I can see (and kinda agree) with the criticism of it being short, I don't really mind too much as doing the services is much quicker and I like that kinda "Hop on and hop off" gameplay type. The 2 different routes is a big plus for me as well and I love a lot of the scenery, especially on the fast line. Plus I do like the background inclusion of the suspended monorail in the background as well :)

• Like Like x 3
  22. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Really liking it so far. Don't actually mind the shorter length, especially after SF-SanJose, which seemed quite long (don't get me wrong though, I really love that route). Also like that the loco DLC from RSN/MSB gets populated into the services.

• Like Like x 2
  23. hyperlord

I really like it so far but have to say, I didn't test freight yet. The 422 is one of my favourite trains and actually well done sound-wise. Nice grinding sound while breaking and the S-Bahn behaves realistic enough IMHO. So much fun! What's really cool: The passanger loading times are around 3-4 times faster than in RT which is a really good thing!
    The scenery is beatuiful although journey mode starts with two scenarios in dark and rain so it takes a couple of days "to see" the route the first time ;-)

I tried free mode because I wanted to check the RE-services - started one last evening but had to save and quit because of tiredness ;-)

So far I already got my "1€ for 1h fun"-calculation working out hehe

• Like Like x 3
  24. Sunscreen

Sunscreen Guest

Nice feedback Hyperlord. I know people are putting views about the length of the route but Im intrigued by the potential for almost a main line/ branch line combination. I must hasten to add that I dont have the route so what I mean by the above is that because Im interested more in UK railways then were a route made availabe that had a mainline with a branch coming off or some other combination then that would be interesting to me.
    Im glad to hear that the overall quality seems to be getting better too. That gives me hope for the future.

• Like Like x 1
  25. hyperlord

I recorded the S8 yesterday in both directions with SiFa and PZB active of course. I'll upload those two videos when I return home and embed them in this thread. While everything is uploading I'll try a RE service because I think I read somewhere that this one is taking a "high speed branch"

26. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Well, having said I'd wait for a sale, I jumped in and bought it yesterday and I'm quite liking it. So far I've just done the tutorials and a few services. The first scenarios I did were set at night so didn't get to see much of the scenery, so I ran a 182 cargo route during daylight to get a better look. It's certainly more interesting in scenery terms than MSB and the new cargo wagons looks good.

There were a few bugs I encountered along the way: the welcome tutorial was missing its last video section and then hung on a black screen, but was fine on the second run through; and on my first drive of the 422, the doors could only be opened and closed using the buttons on the desk, rather than using the door menu on the D-pad (PS4), but again, this seemed to work itself out and was fine from there on.

Still early days for me, but so far, it's looking like a great route with good detail and plenty of variety (having all the extra German trains in there is a bonus). Should keep me occupied until a modern UK route appears!

• Like Like x 1
  27. hightower

hightower Guest

FWIW,

I had reservations about the length of the route (still do) so didn’t pre-order as realistically, a 10% discount is neither here nor there. I wanted to see evidence of a step forward before getting it.

I think I’ve probably seen enough to bite the bullet and make the purchase, I’m particularly interested to see the new distant scenery technique. That said, it’s still no endorsement of the length of the route (by any means)!

28. hyperlord

This was from the beginning of the journey, so I didn't know the route much and thatfor drove more defensively.
    In the meantime I got a lot better at "fast stopping" ;-)
    I tried the RE service, too. It branches off the S-Bahn and rejoins @ Schwelm if I remember correctly

29. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

If the gradients are like that in the real world, they should also be that way in the simulated version, no? I find the gradients challenging, but manageable.

• Like Like x 1
  30. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Did my first RE service today. Very enjoyable. This route actually has a lot going on. I initially didn’t buy it but after a week of watching various streams I went for it and have really enjoyed it

31. hyperlord

Thanks for the reminder! I uploaded a RE tour yesterday :)