Introducing Mastery For Train Sim World

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-James, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I have the update on PS4 but there is no Info’s about the new system and don’t saw any stuff about after my drive on Main Spessart

2. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

For real bruv? Oh my days.

3. xD 2Bad4You

xD 2Bad4You Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  4. palme111100

palme111100 Active Member

Wow, really? Do we really have to do those boring tutorials... again?:| Well...

• Like Like x 3
  5. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

I can't either. Maybe restart the game?

6. Mikey_9835

Mikey_9835 Well-Known Member

Instead of completing tutorials for the millionth time can the challenge be changed to complete a scenario instead? Seriously I think everyone in these forums knows how to drive the trains by now!

• Like Like x 2
  7. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Yes bruv

• Like Like x 5
  8. xD 2Bad4You

You can see them on Dovetail Live (Link posted in my reply above) and yeah when you restart the game aswell.
    It just seems odd that you cant just press a button ingame to show them and really need to restart the game.

Also i completed a Tutorial successful right now and its still showing 0/0. How long do they need to update, do you need a specific tutorial or is it just not working? TrainSim-Dmitri
    Looks odd that it shows 0/0 aswell. Shouldnt it show: 0/1 or for the 10 Services 0/10 and so on?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Yes. Odd is the word. So it's a gimmick that no one wanted and it doesn't work very well and is not retrospective. That is so DTG! Hilarious!

• Like Like x 1
  10. TrainSim-Dmitri

Lemme check...

11. TrainSim-Dmitri

For those who have skipped DTL previously, to log into it again you need to access the settings and then hit the hot key (F1 if I'm not mistaken, should be on the bottom part of the screen) and then restart the game.

12. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Does the stats tab via the above link show all your progress? I mean not just your progress towards the mastery

13. xD 2Bad4You

There´s no data in the Stats tab on that page for me. Its all 0 or "No Data", while i´m logged always into my DTL Account while playing

14. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Awww, maaaaan! I'm already on level 39 on the M7 having done the 700 mile trophy, now I need to increase it by another five levels?! :o

• Like Like x 1
  15. TinTin_57

Yeah mine showing 0 via the link but I haven’t logged into the game since the update so wondering if it would populate first time I launch

16. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

17. xD 2Bad4You

Since i dont even seem to get progression towards the Mastery Objects at the moment it looks like its just not working or they havent activated something in the backend

18. GothicMatt

GothicMatt Active Member

You should be all be happy they are adding new stuff to the Game. Stop complaining and have patience, Rome wasn't built in a day you know

• Like Like x 2
  19. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Which baffles the hell out of me. Given that the level 1 challenges are all things which get recorded for achievements, sure they could be checked against and used to complete these immediately. It'll be much harder for someone who is a level 15 101 driver to get to a level 20 driver than it will someone just starting out...
    If you're level 15 you've obviously done 5 levels already...

• Like Like x 3
  20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

The bugged Train from DB 422 on the S5 is still not fixed on Hagen after the update, what the hell is going on TrainSim-Dmitri ? Remove finally this crap 3 coaches 422 for the S5

21. Scotrail156467

Scotrail156467 Well-Known Member

What's the list of bug fixes and optimization?

22. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It looks like the Tier 1 stuff is just about doing things, not necessarily doing them well. Isn't "mastery" about doing things to a high standard?

• Like Like x 2
  23. Mikey_9835

I just did a tutorial on GWE and it tracked on DTL.

24. Factor41

Tier 1 is probably like GCSEs. Wouldn't consider myself a master of most of the subjects I have GCSEs in! Tier 2 would be A-Levels, where you have to do stuff better; Tier 3 is degree level, where you need to use train safety systems.

25. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

It’s not working on PS4

Attached Files:

26. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

On PS4? I’ll happily be proven wrong and will double check once I’m home.

27. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Professional..

28. Mikey_9835

It hasn't. I think he meant the report that appears after you do a service.

29. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

It was a joke to be fair.

• Like Like x 3
  30. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I just can’t see the appeal for this update unless you’re a new TSW player. I’ve no interest in replying old services and tutorials just to obtain a diorama or a new scene tile for the route. The fact you have to log into DTL to view your progress over viewing it in game is also questionable (you can see your progress if you restart the game, but why you would want to do that, I’ll never know).

I’ve just done a service in the 43 HST, completed it and then restarted my game to see the progress, both on DTL via a browser and at the start of the game my progress for both Western High Speed - Beat 120mph and Great Western Driver - Complete 10 services are still at 0/1 & 0/10 respectively.

So even if I wanted to do it, I can’t because it’s bugged.

Great work guys.

I know it hasn’t which is why I was confident to be proven wrong once I checked.

• Like Like x 4
  31. d_stevanov

d_stevanov Active Member

Lulz, so not only it's not retroactive, but higher your level is, harder it gets to achieve these goals, because "gain 5 levels" gets harder as you are higher level. Can you please, please, for the love of god, stop adding these features no one asked for and actually fix things we did ask for. Please?
    All good routes are added to TS, it feels like more effort goes to that, and TSW is given to junior team members to practice their coding skills with some pointless new features.

• Like Like x 11
  32. TrainSim-Dmitri

The DTL team will be looking very closely at all the issues reported to us in the following days. Could you please specify the platform you are using? Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  33. TrainSim-Dmitri

The retroactivity is something for the team to consider, so I will pass your feedback to them.

• Like Like x 6
  34. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It doesn’t say “get to level 5”. It means increase 5 levels from where you are now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  35. Factor41

I think he realised that. The point being that getting from level 0 to 5 is a much simpler process than getting from level 25 to 30, so perversely, the longer you've been playing, the harder it is to "master". I'm going to have to get the M7 up to level 42 in order to pass the Tier 1 on LIRR!

• Like Like x 2
  36. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

Yes. Some things haven't been well thought out here it seems.

37. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Maybe Level 42 will be playing at the music festival.

• Like Like x 3
  38. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

And that's the problem. As has been said previously, getting from level 1 to 5 is much easier than getting from 25 to 30.

39. Sgtpanda

Sgtpanda New Member

I just did an NTP tutorial and then a service in the Class 45, the tutorial counted, and the service counted, but I didn't seem to gain anything under the "Gain 5 levels" for the Class 45 even though I went up a level. Can anyone confirm?

40. ARuscoe

I understood perfectly, and personally I don't think it's fair to have someone achieving level 1 mastery by reaching level 45 when someone else can do it by reaching level 6. AND that it can't be done by having already done it (they do like not harvesting their own stats)
    At the time I also didn't realise that there were only two levels per route, which is also "a bit poor"
    Hopefully many more levels will swiftly follow

41. Dynamite Andy

Dynamite Andy Member

Really hope its a joke that this is not retroactive with all current ingame levels, feels like a joke - having played hard for my stats for them to be totally disregarded at the first point they may be useful for something.

I was really avoiding the hater band wagon as I do like this concept, but for all my previous hours to be disregarded... :/

• Like Like x 4
  42. Ross

Ross New Member

If the idea is to encourage players to play, then having you gain 5 levels seems to make more sense than instantly attributing those mastery levels to you.

43. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

Playing devil's advocate here but isn't the difficulty relatively the same if you don't have the experience gained from those previous levels?

44. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

The first five levels from level 1 to 5 are much easier to get to than say from level 30 to level 35, as it goes up at a much slower pace.

You could just make a new account but that’s all your time and effort on previous journeys wasted. Good for new players but pretty useless for existing players.

There needs to be some integration between your Train Sim World player account and Dovetail Live account, as both are currently completely independent of themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  45. Factor41

This is definitely the first step I think. The DTL account is also currently only tracking those routes with mastery - do anything on RRO and it won't show up in your favourite trains list on DTL, so should we stop playing those routes, knowing that when mastery comes, we'll have already snookered ourselves by making the Tier 1 tasks harder?

That stats page could also become really useful as an addition to the whole game if it told us everything, rather than just some of the things we've done recently.

46. ARuscoe

No, because the amount of time and distance to travel to get higher XP levels is much greater, even if driving gets easier because you're more used to it.

Personally I think it should be things like keeping to time, stopping within certain meters of the right place, braking percentages etc etc
    Ie MASTERING how to drive the train rather than "take this tutorial", "drive at this speed"...

• Like Like x 2
  47. Jez

Jez Well-Known Member

But the amount of action points given does depend on skill that is learned by experience. Stopping accuracy, keeping to the speed limit etc. So an experienced driver is likely to get more points which offsets the increased requirements to move up higher levels.

But I tend to agree, it's not a proportional relationship as the penalty for poor stopping accuracy and speeding is not that severe.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  48. xD 2Bad4You

24 hours after doing stuff for the new "Mastery" the progress still hasnt tracked.
    Platform: Xbox One.

So i have to rate this update 0/10. There isnt one bug in it, the whole systems and the updates only purpose isnt even working a tiny bit. On top of that nobody thought on adding a tab for the stats to the UI where you have the Articles and stuff? Website only and restarting the game to view them?
    Thanks for testing features prior to release … oh wait

Edit:
    Just did a tutorial on GWE again and now it counted. So they might have adjusted something in the Backend

49. TinTin_57

So what I have found TrainSim-Dmitri TrainSim-Matt and all, is that anything I did on GWE with the HST has tracked, did 1 service and the reach 120mph. I did 2 services today with the 166 though and that did not track, nor did levelling up the 166. The GWE Tutorial I did in the 66 also tracked

Tutorial on NTP registered (Class 101), services did not with the 45

Tutorial on MSB registered (BR185.2), not done anything else there

Tutorial on LIRR registered (M7 Tutorial), not done anything else there

So is it an issue with certain locos not fully tracking?

50. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

No retroactivity, heavy penalization of long-time players (so hard to get new levels if you start from level 50, for example), no ability to ignore the feature (you need to see and skip the mastery screen each time). That's probably the best new addition DTG made to any of their games ever :love: