Ai Collision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MisterH, Nov 7, 2019.

1. MisterH

MisterH New Member

Anybody met this problem? I am driving the Polmadie Hop (Standard route in WCML North) and the simulation stops with an AI Collision error giving the co-ordinates. I have attached a screenshot as a pdf to show what I mean. This has happened several times with this simulation but at different times and places.

Attached Files:

2. michael hooley

michael hooley Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bug in the particular scenario you are driving, nothing you can do, it will happen every time. Sometimes the error message gives you the name of the consist, In that case I delete the offending consist with RW Tools. but even that does not seem to work with TS2020.

3. MisterH

MisterH New Member

Thanks. I will copy the thread to the bug forum to see if it gets any response.

4. Hugh Janus

Hugh Janus Member

AI collisions are usually caused by one of three things:
    1. Poorly commissioned signalling, failing to protect one train from another. Not uncommon in third-party routes but rare in official Dovetail releases.
    2. Train Simulator "forgetting" the presence of an AI train. This is not always universal across different computers and cannot always be reproduced, so it may be a matter of timing dependent on CPU usage or similar. Commonest on longer scenarios, where the "forgotten" train is run into by the one behind. I haven't seen this happen in 64-bit mode, so perhaps best to use that if you can. It can usually be fixed by moving the train a short distance (say by a train length) or retiming the train (by, say, ten seconds).
    3. Wrongly configued AI shunting.

Of course, if you do this to a Career scenario you won't be able to score points. It depends what is important to you.

5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This is a known error in this scenario and it does give you the name of the two consists involved. You can go into RWtools or the editor and remove one of the consists involved if you wish
    This scenario is so old nothing official will be done about it

6. MisterH

MisterH New Member

Thanks for the information. Removing the offending consists allowed me to complete the scenario.

7. inversnecky

inversnecky Well-Known Member

Are there different culprits in Polmadie Hop?

I just read elsewhere an AI collision away from their train crashed the game, but in my case it was a 37 hauled passenger train:

I did all the shunting and was ready to leave the sidings, but was stuck at a red ground light forever.

It appeared that I was waiting for a 37 top and tailed rake of coaches to come past (travelling at maybe 4mph), so I had an aerial tour round the yard.

Back in the cab, I then noticed to my horror that the 37, instead of going through the clear siding beside me, was being down directly, and ended up shunting me back!

Will follow the suggestions and see if I can locate it in TS tools.

8. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

There was a simmer back in the day who wrote a long article on how to complete Polmadie Hop without modifying it. It can be completed without the AI collision - but very difficult to do. I think that I did it once but I know use the modified version that I downloaded from somewhere in 2012.