Random Ai Events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by chrisbaker1981, Nov 12, 2019.

1. chrisbaker1981

chrisbaker1981 Member

Id like to see more randomized events, so the scenarios are never exactly the same.
    Im thinking along the lines, excuse the pun, of trains randomly spawning in near by, changing signals and creating more unexpected events. Perhaps there could be a setting in the menu to turn this on or off and a list of desired options that you would like to experience, with a % chance probability.
    Another thing could be trains that have broken down on your line, so you really have to watch out for signals and whats going on ahead...Maybe a random events mode even not part of the scenarios, more like a free roam thing with lots of randomized things happening. I would like that.

Great game so far

• Like Like x 16
  2. chrisbaker1981

chrisbaker1981 Member

Possibly even a scenario creator? Using triggers and waypoints.
    You could select your route, locomotive you want to use, etc etc, and set up events and starting locations etc.
    And goals, just like the base game scenarios.
    Would be nice to create your own scenarios, I guess what Im getting at is this game lends itself to community workshop content.

• Like Like x 3
  3. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Would randomized events even be possible? Or do they already exist, perhaps?

• Like Like x 2
  4. loader.tom

loader.tom Member

I like this idea a lot. Things like AI trains in front (well, anywhere I guess) randomly having longer than usual dwell times due to whatever reason (we'll go with passenger flow for example). Or train running slower than usual due to having power issues. In fact, this kind of thing shouldn't just be limited to AI trains either. Having random faults (the door fault) as shown in the ECW adds a bit of variety whilst out driving so its not the bog-standard greens greens greens. It would really enhance the timetable mode, being able to replay the same service again and again and it being possibly different each time you load it up.

• Like Like x 2
  5. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

So like the technical difficulties scenario in RRO and the Bay Area Breakdown scenario in PC with the baby bullet add on where in RRO the pantograph fails in the BR 185.5 and the MP36PH-3C has a HEP failure and u take the train back to San Francisco?

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Yeah, like those, but r-a-n-d-o-m, so an activity isn't always the same each time you drive it, which takes me back to my previous question regarding the possibility of random activities.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ghall59

ghall59 Active Member

Sounds good having random events but the problem I can see with being slowed down by adverse signals would be that people would complain about not being able to meet the timetable and achieve their gold star and a zillion and forty points (what does that all mean anyway?) :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. MBTA

MBTA New Member

Maybe signal or switch issues? My only problem is idk if I want to wait that long to wait for the repairmen to come lol!

• Like Like x 2