Main - Spessart Bahn Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TrainSim-Dmitri, Feb 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I will go through the tutorial again, but most do state you have to have pressure to raise the pantograph. Might be I am so use to doing this from my time using VIrtual Rail locomotives in TS20XX and others in TSW, I waited without direction. If so agree it should be brought out in the tutorial to wait.

2. doc_woods

doc_woods Active Member

This one doesn't any more. It used to, but the detection of the pressure was removed in the most recent update (because it wasn't triggering for a lot of people, and so blocking them at that stage). The big problem now is that the tutorial moving on is linked to pressing the pantograph switch rather than the pantograph going up, and once it's moved on the switch is locked and there's no way back.

In some fairness, the manual tells you to wait for the pressure then to raise the pantograph (but doesn't make it explicitly clear they're linked), but I do think tutorials should be standalone and idiot-proof.

Anyway, I think we've got to the bottom of what's going on so there's no need to replay the tutorial unless you really want to. I'll drop out of this conversation now...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Thanks, doc_woods, I'll try the tutorial again just to test that workaround. Actually I've already made it to the end of the tutorial thanks to the small descend gradient from the starting station. The train will eventually start to move at a very slow speed and reach the final station, in a very long time. But at least I was able to complete it :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. hightower

hightower Guest

I’ve just tried it, no workarounds, following the instructions and doing what it asked me to do when it asked me to do it.

It worked first time. I think the secret is that you need to hold the pantograph switch in the up position long enough for it to travel. Think of it as analogue rather than digital.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2019
  5. tloic16

tloic16 New Member

hello finally update better DB 86109 and DB 88108 walk goes green. I am very happy. but lack vibration controller on pc steam I still wait !!!

6. Thom G

Thom G New Member

There is a speed signpost mismatch around HM post 69.4. The sign says that 120 kmh is allowed, but the game says 130 kmh is allowed.

Edit: Down the line towards Gemunden on another mix up. Around 61.4 it says 100kmh on the sign but the game says 120 kmh.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

+1 @ Thom G

Another bug: In the 16h47 766.2 DBpbzfa control car service (Gemünden => Afschaffenburg), when approaching Afschaffenburg, I acknowledge the first 1000 Hz speed reduction distant signal, 1000 Hz and 85 light up. About maybe 300-500 meters further I get an emergency brake with '2000 Hz' warning, as if I had overshot a danger signal. I didn't see any sign or magnet that would trigger this 2000 Hz emergency brake. I recall I had this bug earlier at the same spot, but I can't remember which service it was in.

Thanks for fixing the earlier Red signal bugs!

8. Isaak

Isaak Well-Known Member

Found another bug: in the DBpbzfa 8h09 service from Lohr Bhf to Gemünden, the 500 Hz magnet near 59.2 (just before entering Gemünden) is active while the main signal at kmp 58.8 is yellow-green. 250 meters further, the 1000 Hz magnet at the distant signal at 58.8 is not active while the distant signal is double yellow. Correct behaviour would be the 500 Hz magnet at 59.2 inactive and the 1000 Hz magnet at 58.8 active.

9. Eklykti

Eklykti New Member

Looks like developers never play their game with safety systems on.

10. Aleš Stehlík

Aleš Stehlík New Member

Hello All

Does any of You noticed the issue with speed signals before Heigenbrücken tunnel?
    There is a speed limit of 70 km/h in the tunnel

On the route from Heigenbrücken to Aschaffenburg it works as expected (speed limit 70 km/h until you exit the tunnel and reach the next speed limit sign)

On the route from Aschaffenburg to Heigenbrücken I am experiencing two situations

1) Passenger train services from Aschaffenburg to Heigenbrücken, you need to use the left track in the tunnel, there is a speed limit of 40 km/h, that should be changed before the track - the speed limit is applied after the track is changed and is holding until stop in Heigenbrücken

- The speed should be at least set to 40 km/h before the track change (as it is on the track signals), then 70 km/h after the change in the tunnel and then 40 km/h for the track change in the station Heigenbrücken

2) When you are approching Heigenbrücken on the right track in the tunnel (with any other services), the track signals shows the speed limit of 70 km/h but the game still shows 100 km/h speed limit.

upload_2020-1-26_15-16-4.png upload_2020-1-26_15-16-28.png

In Aschaffenburg is also a strange speed limit set when main line is split to track for passangers train and for freight trains.
    - when you arrive Aschaffenburg with freight train, you are able to approach with 100 km/h to the siding
    - when you leave Aschaffenburg with freight train, you are able to go on the main line only with 40 km/h

Attached Files:

11. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

I can't complete the Regional Express scenario from journey mode. Before my final stop at Aschaffenburg HBF I get a red signal which never changes. I gave it a chance to change but after 20 minutes of sitting idle I gave up.

12. Keight

Keight New Member

shouldn't the distant signal display the upcoming speed limit of 30km/h? (Saturday Circuit. approaching Aschaffenburg)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daniel Bloch

Daniel Bloch Well-Known Member

Distant signals are still buggy on all German routes with not announcing the correct speeds.

14. CGAMERZ971

CGAMERZ971 New Member

15. Keight

Keight New Member

are they planned to get fixed? there are also some speed reduction signs with magnets not working

16. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Hi, I drove the Dosto in Journey Mode today from 14:38 from gemünden to aschaffenburg. I was in time at heigenbrücken, but the signal (r1) didn't turn green at station and stayed red. A freight train passed, also the pushing train went back to its position, but my signal stayed red. I saved the games a few stations earlier and loaded the save game, I don't know if it has something to do with this. I tried to get allowance to pass the signal but it didn't allow me to pass the signal. My system is a ps4 pro, game is up to date.

17. jupayt

jupayt New Member

Hello, I´m playing the DB 83158 mission. Right at the end, there´s a 500Hz magnet. PZB is in mode U. This would mean that I´ve to reduce my speed to 25 Km/h within 153 metres. Still, emegency brake starts after not even 100 metres.

18. szilard#3647

szilard#3647 New Member

As of February 2022 - 3 years later - the issue with DB88119 in Journey mode (Chapter 3) is still not fixed. I guess it is the same with DB86109 but I do not have the affinity to even try...

19. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Please see the forum rules regarding necrobumping.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.