Subway Routes Add On In The Future?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dnjcool, Dec 30, 2019.

1. dnjcool

dnjcool New Member

If TSW will be adding a subway routes in the future? I own 3 Routes World of Subway Path Train, Underground London and NYCT #7 line and i wish they should all add it on TSW in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Loyalty

Loyalty Well-Known Member

I definitely would love this idea a lot 1000% needs to happen in the coming months or year NYC has one of best subway trains & the largest in the world with most stations

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Gae14

Gae14 Active Member

I would love that too but I am not too optimistic considering TS history. If we think about it the closest DTG got to a subway line in 10+ years was Isle of Wight. :)
    In addition , I can see the high number of stations per mile to recreate and the relative lack of variety on such lines as drawbacks for such an add-on.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

Lack of variety would be the killer for me. A whole route like that long tunnel into NY Penn on LIRR wouldn't hold my interest for very long. For me, the best routes are those with transitions between city, countryside and seaside where you can get a real feel for where you are and how you're progressing along the route, so at worst it would need to have a lot of overground sections.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Loyalty

I know a certain route or train line wouldn’t be to someone liking but I think everyone should at least get a route something that would love enjoy. especially if it’s a lot people wanna see it happen like NYC subway lines. I know someone will dislike it but I wouldn’t mind I know others wouldn’t either to have it to play they favorite lines/Route and rolling stocks, I’m very high on it. It’s so much to choose from too.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoldenTicket420

GoldenTicket420 Well-Known Member

I think your j line post loyalty https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/nyc-mta-j-m-z-subway-trains.16554/ would best capture NYC scenery.Starting 2 stops before leaving tunnel and ending 2 stops after entering tunnel would best solve that issue factor41.J train mainly outside and above ground 40mins out of its 52min route.Starting from Broadway 9min and starting from Jamaica almost 3min.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Loyalty

Thank you! It definitely would capture NYC in Brooklyn the scenery and Manhattan skyline in the back with Williamsburg bridge. It’s the perfect view trains coming off or getting on the bridge. People really don’t know how amazing it would look on TSW.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

I wouldn't suggest you use the TS example in terms of what subway/underground content will appear in TSW.

DTG said a long time ago that they didn't feel TS was suitable for underground services so they've stayed away from them. JT did a fantastic job of the Met Line but it feels like JT were pushing the games' architecture to its limit. So I do expect a few subway DLCs along the way. Hopefully an end-to-end route with the city in the middle like Crossrail or one of the Berlin S-bahn routes.

9. Loyalty

but that’s why I choose a route that is manly 95% outside elevated while 5% underground. Which this line cover whole route from start to finish.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. LimitedEdiition

LimitedEdiition Well-Known Member

We've already seen first hand what a DTG underground route would look like in the Leipzig sections of Rapid Transit DLC and it feels pretty authentic. Although it may not appeal to everyone, I hope a 3rd party content creator considers making a subway/tram route in TSW.

• Like Like x 3
  11. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I’d love to see a London Underground or New York Subway line created in TSW. I find the Underground fascinating and when visiting London, will always ride it.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Loyalty

Yeah true we seen this On Rapid transit before but it is nothing is like a actually Subway line Which NYC have. I know people wouldn’t like a underground route but everything not going be for everyone liking. So that’s why I choose a subway line that I suggested the J/M/Z lines they are elevated most of they journey especially J/Z.

• Helpful Helpful x 1