Fishing Sim World Please Fix Mastery

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Support' started by jspoon322, Nov 9, 2019.

1. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Not sure about the rest of you but my Mastery hasn't kept track since the Halloween event. Nothing on Laguna Iquitos, Guntersville, or Grand Union. How long should I have to wait before credited? 5 days ago I caught Marshall and a catfish over 20# but still no credit. Yesterday, after buying the new lake and playing I should have completed all but peacock bass on tier 1 but still zeros across the board. I have signed out and back in but no change. Similar experiences?

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Still not counting my catches. Unable to sign into Dovetail Live now. Why did I purchase this lake if none of my catches are tallied into Mastery? On PS4, anyone else experiencing this?

3. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

The only Mastery that's keeping tally for me is at Bergsee. Nothing else. An acknowledgement of the issue or maybe it's only happening to me. I enjoy the concept of Mastery but am unable to actually enjoy this when I get zero credit for time I've put in.

4. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

I cannot count how many times I have mentioned this problem, whatever lake I am doing or what tier, it is now entering its 5th day and still nothing

• Like Like x 1
  5. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

It would be a blast if it worked. Before it stopped working I was able to keep track immediately after catch by just refreshing my phone. Hope it gets fixed. Tight lines.

6. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Still nothing. No answers. No fish being counted towards Mastery, anywhere. Bergsee immediately credited me with a couple tallies but didn't credit on others. Been over 2 weeks and still haven't seen my second named fish or the catfish I caught at Guntersville added. Not to mention buying the new lake and getting zero credit for anything. Tier 1 should be complete and I can't get a response from Dovetail and obviously I'm not alone.

7. Factor41

Factor41 Well-Known Member

If it's any consolation at all (i'm sure it's not), the Mastery feature on Train Sim World is also non-functional most of the time too. The issue seems to be the DTLive website being rubbish, rather than the game or platform - nothing here is registering toward the Mastery goals either.
    :mad:

8. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

That's interesting, all we need now is for somebody from DTG to give an explanation for why this is happening. Some hope but will keep our fingers crossed

9. Factor41

Not sure if FSW is set up in the same way, but I've managed to get the TSW Mastery registering completed events by quitting and relaunching the game again. See this thread for details. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Thank you for that link. I tried that and it seemed to work. Hope it works for the rest of you and let's hope they fix that ridiculous issue!

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  11. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

Hahahaha now that doesn't even work! Loss for words.

12. fametis

fametis Member

Please, can you make a way to see our progress at the end of the game, or have a link to the master page when clicking somewehere

13. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

How's it working for everyone? I haven't had a catch count towards any mastery goals since I completed the festive goals. Not even over time, which I've read happens to some. I wish they'd remove it as the first screen accessed. It's like, "here's that stuff we want you to do but won't let you do it." It's frustrating. It was a lot of fun before. I was able to keep track with my phone while I was fishing. Nearly immediate updates. Now nothing. If I try to sign out of Dovetail live it freezes on the screen after selecting log out and I have to shut down game and restart. Then sign in and still doesn't work.

14. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Hi jspoon, yeah I have to agree with you, as much as I enjoy the game I am considering not playing just because of the many issues that have been highlighted by others and not being addressed. What a shame

15. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

So far the update didn't address Mastery. I'll check again in awhile.

16. jferredino

jferredino New Member

I found a solution
    not sure if you guys talking about Fishing or TSW2020 but, my 2nd tier on my gwe or Long Island rail wasn’t increasing! What I did to fix it was to delete all my saves for TSW and start all over again from level 1, I tested it and starting to increase my stats on tier 2! So you keep all your Mastery Challenge stats, but losing all your progress on the rails!

17. Factor41

This is a Fishing Sim World post, so they're talking about that, but Mastery appears to be just as broken in both. No way I'm deleting my TSW progress though, just for a half-baked feature that they might fix at some point anyway.

18. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Sorry, deleting my progress is a no brainer. There has been to many hours put in to getting where I am

• Like Like x 1
  19. jferredino

jferredino New Member

Yeah I agree but I did it to get 2 trophies that glitched on me! Got them now! I was playing this game about a month now! TSW2020

20. jspoon322

jspoon322 Member

I was checking again last night to find out I still have not been credited with catches so I went onto Dovetail website, selected FSW, and selected the "stats" tab. The last fish they have recorded were red tail cat and Siamese carp. I haven't fished for them in about a month. I have a feeling it was right when mastery stopped counting after completing festive event. Definitely something wrong as I've participated in online tournaments, bass/carp/pred/match, and those catches count on the leaderboard but haven't been recognized by my profile on Dovetail live? So, if you're having problems like me, check your stats and see if they are up to date. I've sent a ticket to kayako with a screenshot, so I'm expecting a, "our programmers will look into it" reply on Monday.

21. wolfie916

wolfie916 Active Member

Has anyone finished tier 3 at Waldsee, this challenge of catching 10 barbel at night is an absolute joke, I have been on this since before Xmas. I would appreciate if DTG could look into this to see if this is a glitch or what

22. auermarko

auermarko New Member

No fish are counted in Mastery in any lake no matter what I do and since Monday.
    Please fix it it's Frustrating

23. Moodyjack1973

Moodyjack1973 New Member

Since winter update,my mastery is severely broken!! Keeps saying lost connection and not updating fish caught on the dovetail website. Please please please can you fix this ASAP!!! Any advice would be welcome !! Cheers.

24. unfallkindnr1

unfallkindnr1 New Member

Hallo, bei mir werden im Mastery auch keine Fische mehr gezählt. Ich habe Add ON gekauft um die Belohnung freizuschalten. Leider ist der Zähler irgendwann stehen geblieben. Bitte schalten sie die Belohnung frei. Ich habe dafür bezahlt. FSW ist ein sehr gutes Spiel, aber wenn solche Fehler bleiben dann ändert sich die Meinung schnell.

25. auermarko

auermarko New Member

Delete the stats files on your PS 4 then it works again