PC Oakville Subdivision-oh Canada

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matthewbguilford, Feb 17, 2020.

1. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

6BB43E91-2D29-470B-8F81-D50E42CE75B2.jpeg Hi everyone,
    With just a few more days until we take our first steps into Canada on TSW. Just like when man took his first steps on the moon this will mark an important day in TSW history. For anyone who has followed TSW will know that there has always been a cycle to what country the routes will be set in. USA, British and Germany. This is the first route to break that cycle and happens to also be the first route we will receive in 2020. I am very excited not only for what the OSD route has to offer but I’m excited just for the fact that they will be taking us to somewhere new. It seems DTG have really stuck with the plan to first make a variety of routes that offer different services so that anyone, whether your a fan of passenger services or if you enjoy freight or switching there is a route that speaks to you. My question is what are you most excited about with the upcoming route, and if you believe that 2020 will be the year we will see more routes based in countries we haven’t been able to go to before? I will leave a picture from the TSW discord that really sparked my enthusiasm. When saying how surprised I was to see a Canadian route Matt had stated that they always try to surprise us. I took this as a little nod that we may see some new countries this year. Thank you all for making this a great community of people who all share the same hobby and all want to see TSW grow into something much more then just a Train simulator. I hope everyone enjoys the new route coming this Thursday!! Thank you all!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to the new ‘SUPER cool feature’ that will be in this route.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

2020 looks very promissing, Baby Bullet, OSD, and there is at least one addon on release table for near future (DLC 23).
    What is the purpose of longer roof towards long hood on CN GP38-2 ???

• Like Like x 2
  4. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

Rain? Lol maybe different configuration of modules to make up the cab?

• Like Like x 2
  5. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

What is that feature, if I may ask? Or is this some kind of surprise for when the DLC releases?

• Like Like x 1
  6. animalkosmik

animalkosmik Well-Known Member

There are snow shields above the inertial-filter central air intakes ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  7. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

I like that idea! I always thought having a “Free roam” type mode where you could pick and choose what passenger or freight wagons you would like to run would work out great on TSW. I’ve always thought taking a freight train for example and being able to run a service with the maximum amount of weight the locomotive could handle would be really challenging and fun. The good news is I heard that one of the scenarios for the new route would include a “Free roam” type scenario that is very similar to the NEC freight scenario where you start in a yard and can choose how many locomotives you would like to hook up and an abundance of different freight wagons that you can create any type of consist that you would like.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BjornGroen02NL

BjornGroen02NL Well-Known Member

That looks cool! (And very fitting for a Canadian train) :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Matto140

Matto140 Well-Known Member

Thanks for reply animalkosmik!
    Also dynamic brake is missing on this units. Someone's thoughts about GP "reskin" are very far of reality, it's definitively heavily modified version on every side - Model, Cab, Simugraph Physics.

I realy like that this is first industrial route, you can deliver supplies and take empties back to central hub yars, or take empties to load products for shippment. This variability is better than just driving up and down the track. I expect that number of services won't be huge (35-70), because most of services will be unique, not just different train at shifted timetable. But final number can be bigger if services will be divided into stages.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Tank car loading.

• Like Like x 2
  11. nne4229

I figured it out. It’s not filling the tank cars, it’s the 2d map. It’ll be labeled out.

12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

Not if what Dmitri said on Saturday about map labels is correct: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/station-names-on-map.18196/#post-115568

• Like Like x 1
  13. nne4229

Super lame

• Like Like x 3