German Routes Need A Desiel Loco...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by SHINO BAZ, May 19, 2019.

1. SHINO BAZ

SHINO BAZ Well-Known Member

The title says it all...

• Like Like x 14
  2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Yep agree

3. Rail Master

Rail Master Active Member

Yep, the famous BR 294 right?

• Like Like x 5
  4. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

A nice little BR361 would be fun .... or an ER20 Eurorunner in Dispolok colours?

Hell, a big tanky MRCE class 66 / BR266 would be cool too, like the one in TS201x

• Like Like x 1
  5. SHINO BAZ

I just wish there was some way to let DT know this,if only they had a thread in there forum to suggest locos to add,well maybe someday the'll add one,cause the current loco suggestion thread isn't working.

6. raildan

raildan Well-Known Member

Or maybe, just *maybe,* locos take a long time to make and there has been plenty of evidence to suggest that they have been making a BR 294 from well before it was suggested. This is DTG, they wouldn't model miles of sidings if they weren't planning on using them. A BR 294 is mentioned in the game files which have accurately predicted the last 3 DLC. Have some patience, please.

For other suggestions, they prefer to plan them out alongside routes so they will fit more nicely.

I should also point out that route suggestions have been added before, including LIRR (the thread here was started when the route was late in development, but it had been requested many times before).

And, lastly... these are SUGGESTIONS, not orders. If DTG doesn't think an idea is a good idea, they don't have to do it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SHINO BAZ

I'm not talking about sidings,i'm refering to the large area of unelectified track on the german MSB line which is useless without a deisel loco.

• Like Like x 1
  8. raildan

Exact same thing. If anything, that makes my point stronger! If DTG is so lazy, why would they model all that if they weren't going to use it? To reiterate, the 294 is almost certainly coming, it just takes time, you can't make a loco instantly. Even if other suggestions aren't happening, that's fine, they're SUGGESTIONS.

Have some patience and stop trying to make up reasons to hate DTG. I agree they're not perfect but come on now.

Sorry if I'm coming across a little angry here, I think I need sleep...

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wolfy

Wolfy Active Member

Well, if DTG are releasing the BR Class 40 and Class 08 together in one package and calling it the "Heavy freight pack", how about a "German heavy freight pack" too?

Shove the BR294 and maybe a Dispolok BR253 (ER20) together in one pack, and i'd certainly be happy. :D

10. SHINO BAZ

I never said there lazy,i'm not angry and i never use the word order,and have no problem coughing up 20.00 for a germam desiel so i'm not asking for anything for free....

11. raildan

Yes... I'm aware of that... but what are you complaining about, then? That DTG hasn't released a German diesel, right? Well, I'm just saying that even if it hasn't been released yet, there's no reason to think a BR 294 isn't coming, so blaming DTG on not having one right now seems a bit impatient. If it isn't done yet, it isn't done yet.

12. SHINO BAZ

Well now that switchers are becoming a thing on uk and us routes maybe germany will get one too.

• Like Like x 1
  13. rainynight65

rainynight65 Member

If we were to get German diesels, I would love to see the Ludmillas (BR 132/232) represented. These things are iconic.

• Like Like x 4
  14. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

BR 218 and 245

• Like Like x 5
  15. SHINO BAZ

I just figured it out you tired of german dlc and pretending to be offended by any request for more to look good,do you do this to anyone wanting a german,deisel?In case you haven't notice this is a thread to suggest a future loco,and that all i've done.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  16. raildan

That's not it at all, I love German content and I want a BR 294 and other German diesels. I don't have a problem with these proposals. But you were just trying to blame DTG and call them lazy just because they didn't do your suggestion fast enough, and that's a bit ridiculous.

Again, I DO want a German diesel. You're just coming across a bit impatient about it.

17. SHINO BAZ

At this point if they port the DB BR 66 deisel locomotive(Which road name and even red color)wouldn't be out of place on german lines,it be a good stop gap measure until there was time to make a proper german deisel.Yea i know it's not a shunter but at this point,i be happy to just have any kind of deisel for german lines.Also this is a ready to go loco,no work other then the porting over and testing.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  18. Big Papi34

Big Papi34 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a German dlc after a good American dlc. German routes have plenty of locos that are nicely made while DTG gave us a cab car and shunter. And both locos were half done. The cab car has short one stop services while the sw1000r stays in the yards all day and switches cars, nothing else.

19. thearkerportian

thearkerportian Well-Known Member

DB doesn't run any class 66 in Germany though, only some private companies do. Also there are some important differences in detail on German 66s. First they are equipped with PZB obviously, as well as for example Dutch, Belgian or French safety systems for international runs, depending on what particular loco/operator we talk about. Most indeed have very different cabs over all, commonly even lacking that trademark American-style control tower to the right of the driver's seat.

• Like Like x 3
  20. thearkerportian

Addendum: If I were to suggest a class 66 for Germany, it would be one of RheinCargo, based in Brühl near Cologne, and active in many parts of the country all the way down to Bavaria. First, they feature a fairly fancy silver livery (plus some other, historic ones still being in use), and they do indeed own and operate one of the very few control tower-equipped units in service in Germany, road number DE61.

Last and in fact least, I have sort of a soft spot for them since the open day at their headquarter/service yard last year. That was a very unique opportunity to peek behind the scenes of the rail freight industry. DE61 had actually been exhibited there and could be explored both inside and out, along with almost a dozen other locos.

Another theory (or educated guess perhaps) of mine on a more general and slightly off topic note: These private companies - there are dozens and dozens of them, both on the freight and passenger sector - are very probably worth looking into as far as collaboration and licensing is concerned. They are usually happy about any form of publicity they can get, for the simple reason that pretty much all of them are in a permanent and dire lack of personnel, and that includes drivers first and foremost. And let's face it, a train simulator is not exactly the least effective way to make people want to drive real trains. At least according to the waiting queue at RheinCargo's Bombardier Traxx simulator (on the PC) that they let people use. ;)

Greetings, Mike.

• Like Like x 2
  21. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

The main problem with diesel locomotives for Germany is licensing. Shunting locos are fine because they are operated by DB but locomotives operated by private companies are more difficult. I think the only private company DTG has a license for is MRCE. This means that any German diesel locomotive would have to be operated by either DB or MRCE which restricts the options available.

I think that there probably will be a German Diesel locomotive later this year, most likely the DB BR 294 for the yards on Ruhr Sieg Nord and Main-Spessart Bahn.

22. thearkerportian

Maybe they could pull an Armstrong Powerhouse - release the locos unbranded by default, and offer a patch for the logos etc. for free, thus (in a legal sense) not making money with the logos. Not sure if the legal situation is the same here though...

23. NorthRail1

NorthRail1 Well-Known Member

Dovetail Games seems to have a policy of not releasing unbranded content so any unbranded locos would have to wait until third parties can create locomotives.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SHINO BAZ

What about the british locos found in tsw,would or could any of those be used for german routes?Does germany have any british loco types in use?For example the br 8 or 9 shunter wouldn't look bad helping out in german yards or siding.

25. thearkerportian

No we haven't. The only thing remotely British we have here is the class 66, but that also differs quite significantly from the ones found on the island.

"Looking good" is not what a train "simulator" is about.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Big Papi34

Why did you comment on a thread that's been gone a year?

27. SHINO BAZ

Number 1. i started this thread and making a new one didn't feel nessary at this time,also when it comes to a german desiel nothing changed there still isn't one or even a hint of one comning anywhere in the near or far future,so when nothing happning at some point it's time to speak about again.so i'm just throwing out any idea i can think of if DT won't or don't want to make one maybe a exsisting in game loco will work until they relizes a german desiel is wanted.hey if you want something here you got to keep the idea alive so they know your not kidding about it.I got my 20.00 saved for a geman desiel,so if it ever comes i'm a buyer.

28. Big Papi34

Respectable reason. I would suggest making a suggestion on a specific loco and not any loco though.

29. SHINO BAZ

Bombardier
    TRAXX Class 245...It very similar to most current german locos in game,so should be abit easier to put togather then starting from scratch.Maybe later they could try a proper yard loco.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  30. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

Why? Because it looks like the same as a loco that was already done? A 245 is completely different to the locos that are available for TSW yet. There is no other loco that uses such a traction and controlling system in TSW yet. So it would be a complete new build of a loco. Yeah, maybe the 3d art is "easy" to do because it looks like some others. But 3d art for it alone is nothing you can play with. Making a 245 is not easier than doing a 294 from scratch for example. I guess they will do it, if they can. You need to bear in mind that they need access to such a loco to at least record some original sound. Not easy these days to get onto such a loco with DBs todays commitment when it comes to such things like a train simulator.

And tbh, a 245 is not really spectacular nor very interesting at all :)

• Like Like x 1
  31. SHINO BAZ

So you think DT getting acsess to a 294 to get sound and designs from would be easier then a 245?So DB just has hundreds of 294 sitting around just waiting to be played with by DT.

32. Maik Goltz

Nope, that is not what i meant. I presumed that all the bits and bytes are already done to start developing it in TSW. Then a 294 is easier to make than a 245. And no, there is not a single 294 sitting around and waiting for someone who wants to record sound from it, and this is a main problem to all developers who want to make a 294 or other locos (in whatever game at least). Especially for older diesel locos you need to record their sound. For newer ones, like a 245, you could use some similar records (like from some ship engines, or diesel generators, or even trucks) as they often use the same engines. A 245 at least (and basically) uses 4 simple diesel generator aggregates. They work the same as those whe you can buy or rent. Nothing special with them in terms of sound. Rest of its audio is normal TRAXX stuff (inverters, tranction motors). But the technical development of a 245 is way harder that for a 294 (in TS1 and therefor in TSW too).

33. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

A German V200 would be another awesome engine. The British had a version, too.

34. Maik Goltz

A V200 (west, remember there is a east version too) would be a nice addition to the game at least. But the usage on the current available routes is massivly restricted in terms of casual usage and within the service mode. It is a loco that makes sense if we have more routes, where you then can create scenarios with museal runs over all these routes, that can be delivered with it. You need older wagons, or at least wagons that fits the locos usage today. It is more important to get some actual used diesel locos before we start getting the museum pieces.

35. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I wonder if they could get access to the Brohltal V 360/ 260 that operates around the docks in Andernach. The Brohltal Bahn are open to enthusiasts (3 of my friends and myself hired a train for a day to ride up and down the Vulkan Express route) and it would make an ideal shunter, and it's not too far from the UK...