Ts19: Réseau Renaissance

Discussion in 'Dovetail Live Article Discussion' started by TrainSim-Steve, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Rob Jansen

Rob Jansen Well-Known Member

The problem has been known for about 9 months now (the pantograph issue).
    - 5th February 2019 from Steve: 'Update in progress'
    - 18th March 2019 from Dmitri: 'Should be hitting the store very soon'
    - 5th April 2019 from Dmitri: 'Update delayed due to further testing, localisation issues, should be very soon'
    - 11th May 2019 from Dmitri, Quote above, no further action, update, or anything.
    - 1st July 2019 from Steve: 'Will get current status' (still waiting on that)

I am no builder of assets, but I know that some stuff can be hard to fix. But how hard can it be for the pantograph. As the duplex version works fine (I think, didn't look at the tension height in a while).

I also know that a Thalys pack which is 1000% times better then those rushed repaints is in the works. But it lying still for a few months now because of this issue mentioned above. If the Geo is changed, the repaint could be broken (well it is actually more then a repaint but besides that).

Don't see it al 100% negative this post, but there have been more complex fixes in those 9 months then a simple pantograph fix is the scripting or maybe the model.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

18 March 2019
    01 July 2019
    And that was the last time somebody from DTG posted :(

Peter

3. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

4. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

They're never going to update it lol

5. nne4229

nne4229 Well-Known Member

This is the same over at the TSW forums.

6. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

Guess this fell into the void and shall not see the light again

7. Schnauzahpowahz

Schnauzahpowahz Well-Known Member

Option 1: Make money on new content

Option 2: lose money by reparing old poorly sold content by diverting man power which would be used to make new content

;)

I have the Reseau as well - such an iconic train set hence my purchase over the steam review

• Like Like x 2
  8. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

But if DTG don't fix known problems then people will lose faith in their ability to provide good content.
    The Reseau sets are OK and the Thalys reskin is quite a good addition - it just looks silly with the pantograph being higher than the contact wire

• Like Like x 1
  9. ph-bvo

ph-bvo New Member

Hey, I being bored with (from the outside) amazing TGV-R, but since i bought this train from you, i was suspecting that, it was money worth it, cause it was saying it was an prof train. But i never experienced that it was indeed an prof train. No it was simply made. Simply the same sound, no changes at all. Only from the outside, (as i said in the begin, an amazing train from the outside) And cause of that, there is just no fun, to drive this train.... So since i bought this train, i use it for maybe 3 times.... but after the 3rd time.... I never use it anymore. And everytime i seeing an youtube film, from an beautiful cabride with this train, i just want to taste this aswell in the simulator. But if there is nothing going to be changed. I will never use this, or will buy no longer an train from you.... if you think money is better in use for you, then for us as trainfans... maybe you shouldnt starting this...

For the last time, do something with this, or you will loose people who do like using the game... And do not come with fake words.... do something. Im not talking from mine self. I think there are more people, like me who is thinking about this. Fix this amazing train, or i will stop playing trainsimulator 2020. How beautiful it may been...

Unfortunaley mine trust too you, (for 16 years) its gone...

Thanks,
    ph-bvo

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  10. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

And we are just coming up on a YEAR since the first post in this thread pointing out the errors

• Like Like x 3
  11. Alex656

Alex656 Member

More than a year has passed, I have released negative feedback on steam for the DLC

• Like Like x 1
  12. Digital Draftsman

Digital Draftsman Well-Known Member

As much as I try to convince people to hold DTG to a higher standard, most people buy the DLC and don't bother with getting a refund.

Remember:
    • Valve will refund no questions asked within 14 days of purchase and under 2 hours played.
    • If you're outside of the 14 day / 2 hour window, you can still get a refund. Apply for a refund, send a link to this thread and explain you didn't request a refund earlier because the developer kept promising fixes. Once made aware of the situation, Valve will almost certainly refund it.

I received a refund for Rapid Transit a few months after I bought it when DTG posted a blog post acknowledging the PZB was broken and that they had no intention of fixing it. I sent the blog post to Valve and they said what DTG did was unacceptable and they refunded me. Hold DTG to account or this problem will only get worse!!! Request refunds!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Alex656

Alex656 Member

The DLC is now discounted, 45% off................bugs included! :love:

14. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

Any news?

15. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

Well it’s a shame over a year passed and you couldn’t at least fix the animation bugs. Any explanation why? Why say you have an update and then no more news about it for over a year? TrainSim-Dmitri TrainSim-Steve

16. TrainSim-Dmitri

TrainSim-Dmitri Well-Known Member

Hi,

I totally understand the frustration however this update has been postponed numerous times internally for reasons outside of our (myself and Steve's) control. We are doing our best to get more information about this but at the moment we can only enquire.

I apologise for this unacceptable situation and hope it can be resolved soon.

Dmitri

• Like Like x 3
  17. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

Love this thread, you couldn’t make it up.

• Like Like x 5
  18. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

It's now March 15.... nothing has changed. You guys wonder why there is so much negativity on these forums. You release broken products, promise to look into them after several complaints, but never actually resolve them. I've lost track of how long this damned issue has been outstanding meanwhile you guys have since released dozens of new routes and locos.

• Like Like x 3
  19. ronaldix

ronaldix Active Member

In 4 days It will be exactly 1 year and 4 months since this addon has been released and the issues have been known and raised from Day One but nothing has happened since. I didn't bought anymore addon from DTG since this one and I will not until an update is out (And I expect an update with cold start procedure and realistic behaviour of the train since It was sold as a "pro range" addon).

• Like Like x 2
  20. LanaChapada

LanaChapada Member

I totally give up, this company has some serious flaws

• Like Like x 3
  21. d_neuneu

d_neuneu Member

i just read all the post and it's.... interesting.....

from what i see, it looks like Dimitri and Steeve are just stuck.... dev are not communicating or don't want to and they let their poor community managers extinguish the fire ^^ i understand people can get mad about non fixed content, i will look twice before buying this product ( most of all as a french ) :)

• Like Like x 1
  22. aran.manning

aran.manning New Member

You keep saying there`s an update coming, but it would be nice to actually see it. I totally understand that it can be hard to fix some issues and it takes time. But this has been going on for a while and like many others here am loosing hope. If you could just give us something that we know there`s still something happening that would be great.

23. aran.manning

aran.manning New Member

I`d say pick it up in a sale, if you can get it at half-price then I`d say the irritating panto bug isn`t quite as bad. I wouldn`t rely on an update btw.

24. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

25. ph-bvo

ph-bvo New Member

What a shame.... after i seeing mine first messages... and i saw there was an update on trainsimulator, i really hoped it was the TGV or a another name, but it wasnt an TGV, it was an boring project to create, and so to make it simple, just put the repaint, shape the nose, and there you have it... an train... supossed an TGV. So maybe for the people who trusted it to us, that they will work on it. Be an man or woman, and just give the answer, we dont like trains, we just want to make an simulator.. with trains... and further nothing... just you were getting bored to make the TGV, pff again that train... here it is an train, oh wait we will named protrain... so people will buy it, but after they bought it, they will realize being (...)

And after people complaining and stuff, oh wait instead of update train to something beautiful, just half the price and renamed it...

So sad... you guys dont try to give an good answer or reason, why you didnt update the TGV, and hoping to make ur costumers happy....

Im so unhappy...

and no not bye or greetings...

Oh and wait.... Normally im just an good an nice guy, and not even to complain easy... but you made me saying these things...

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  26. markandrei24

markandrei24 Active Member

If the update happens to really Pro Range, is it compatible to current TGV Duplex unit included in LGV: Marseille Avignon?

27. Random Railfan

Random Railfan Well-Known Member

I really don't think they're gonna update it at this point. I'm very disappointed since this had some great potential yet it's still broken.

• Like Like x 1
  28. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  29. Plastic Pal

Plastic Pal Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if the TGV has been repaired yet?

Eighteen months is an incredible amount of time to fix a virtual pantograph..... You could build a real assembly plant for TGVs, a real new TGV route and a hundred trains in that time.

• Like Like x 2
  30. dunkrez

dunkrez Well-Known Member

I was tempted to buy this after Peter mentioned it, however, after reading this, I'll wait.

Will this _really_ get fixed?

31. Plastic Pal

Well, there are two main ways for DTG to think about this:

1. We know it's broken, and nobody will buy it while it is broken, so let's fix it to improve sales.
    2. We know it is broken, but people keep buying it, so there is no point in fixing it then.

If you buy it, in the full knowledge that it is broken, then you are encouraging DTG to not fix it.

I will buy the TGVs... as "broken and sold as seen for spare parts only" pricing, when it falls under £3. If they want more of my money, and sooner, then they will fix the pantograph.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  32. dunkrez

I'm just slightly concerned that now TSW seems to be dominating things, perhaps this is the way it will remain.

I'm not buying it in its current state. If it ever gets fixed, I'll pick it up. And no, I don't want it in TSW.

33. Plastic Pal

The impression that I get is that everything is being deprioritised and/or rushed. Including TSW. Including TSW manuals (various). TSW bug fixing (various). TSW language support (M3). TSW map content (OSD). TSW scenario/services content (Class 20)...... etc., etc.

It seems like everything is suffering from "Okay... it's not finished, but let's push it out anyway and see how many months/years they complain for.... and whether or not they keep buying it all anyway. Let's see how little we can do. If we can do the absolute minimum at the lowest possible quality in the shortest possible time...... but still rake in the cash...... then that would be fabulous."

34. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

So when Joe Public buys this item at the Steam website how does he know it's broken if he has not seen it on a forum?

I purchased this train on the Steam website and only when I ran the train did I notice the errors

35. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20200629-072257_Steam.jpg
    If lucky they would notice the Mostly Negative reviews left on the item. Though when I bought it ast year I was unaware of the problems it had, so it definitely can be missed.

36. Plastic Pal

That is a very good point...... And this is one of the reasons why DTG must continue to patch and bug-fix for TSW as well...... especially for console customers that don't even use Steam as their channel for purchasing items....

I am fairly sure that DTG get less sales, and/or less sales at the "+200% added" price, when people see the bad reviews..... so there is an incentive for them to not drag themselves too far down too often, like they did with the uncompleted Class 89, for example.

37. ph-bvo

ph-bvo New Member

such an shame.... i am so speechless, for everyone who buying some things for your trainsim... please beware and copy the name and put it on youtube, just now i bought something.... its with an amtrack train... from newark too, i can remember, but onces again, the trackspeed is changing like hell, and makes you confushing... andddd the sound, normally the train makes an sounds when its passing your camera, you will saying like, wooowwww. but now the sound its not being changed....

Im so sorry to say this. But its getting bored to ride the trains... its getting bored to buying some stupid stuff... sorry. Normally im friendly, and not easy to complain. But you guys who building trains and stuff... you guys behind screenss.. make me saying these words. Wake up please and be somebody who is responsble for the faults.... Can you please give something, and be fair to everyone.

(by the way) i playing yours games, since i was 16 years... i`m now 31.... and still like it. But i going to dislike even more. And its not im being bored. What a shame i bought these things...

• Like Like x 1
  38. dimitrichevailler

dimitrichevailler New Member

Hi !
    I just wonder how can they mess a such iconic train like the TGV Réseau.... same sound than the TGV Duplex, Incorrect Pantograph height...

The 3D model is not too bad... I would rather buy something from SimExpress than DTG by itself.

The DLC was released in 2018, 2 years later, no updates, they said that those updates was postponed loads of time, are they trying to scam us ? Did they care about the feedback of players ?

39. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

If you are 31 and you have been playing this game for 15 years you started in 2005

Which is 3 years before anybody else as it was released in 2008 in the usa :|

40. dunkrez

Love a bit of time travel on a Thursday afternoon.

41. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

And the reviews for this have gone from Steam. Is this DTGs approach to fixing things? Delete the reviews and no-one will know...

upload_2020-8-28_13-13-34.png

• Like Like x 1
  42. ph-bvo

ph-bvo New Member

I ment to say that, i had this game since it came out, So like you said, around that time, but mine point is, im loosing mine trust in them, and thats an shame, cause i want to say, i m, for them, an nice customer, but that customer now an bit, upset.

43. Aryffordd

Aryffordd Guest

Well, this thread was an education! Note taken.

44. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

You sure about that? I still see all the negative reviews.
    tgv.png

45. LucasLCC

Yeah, appears to have been a temporary glitch. However as you can see from my screenshot, all reviews were missing for some amount of time.

• Like Like x 1
  46. LucasLCC

DTG Protagonist Where is the update for this as promised in March last year? Or is this abandonware?

47. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

Almost 2 years old wow

48. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

I'll ask, but honestly, set your expectations to zero - if it hasn't moved in 2 years it's unlikely to change any time soon.

49. LucasLCC

Instead of us setting our expectations to zero, how about DTG delivering what they stated they would? We shouldn't have to chase for two years to get a bug fix to something that should have been noticed and resolved before release.

If DTG genuinely want to improve their reputation, then they have to try. I have never heard a company tell people to lower their expectations, especially when it comes to just having a functional product. Not a big ask...

• Like Like x 2
  50. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

It is irritating that were were told in this thread by other DTG Staff that a fix was coming and so we hang on and wait .
    But has time goes by and nothing happens it makes us, the customer, cynical towards DTG.

I have stopped buying anything from DTG on Day One as faults seem to be a given - it depends on how bad they are.
    I was looking forward to Frankfurt - Koblenz but the signals are broken and if they get fixed I might buy it but not before

Peter

• Like Like x 2