Xbox Issues With Throttle On Dbpbzfa, Please Help!

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DeanB, Mar 12, 2020.

1. DeanB

DeanB New Member

Hi ladies and gents... Firstly I'm sorry if this has been asked already but I didn't see a thread! I'm new to the world of Train Sims (Flight Sims were my thing) but since I found TSW 2020 I've been a huge fan! And I was doing really well with it, until I happened upon an issue driving the DBpbzfa.

I'm fine departing Gemünden for example, but the minute I load the train at Lohr Bahnof and set off for Wiesthal, the train won't move?!

I check that the brake key is on, the brakes are released, the line is on, reverser is forward etc. I then push the throttle and... Nothing, literally nothing at all. And IF I manage to get the train moving at all, it travels between 0.2 and 10mph.

I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong?! Any help is appreciated!!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  2. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

There are some trains where you need to stand up and then sit down again due to a bug - try that first of all and see if that helps.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeanB

DeanB New Member

Ok so I've figured out the original issue I think (wasn't letting the brake depressure enough before hitting the throttle) and that seemed to work... However I've now got another *similar* issue.

Now at Wiesthal station when I go to depart, I do everything properly but my train appears to be very slowly going backwards?? I've stood up and sat down and even exited and re-entered the train but nothing appears to work here??

Thanks for your response Hordriss

4. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

Did you do this all in one go or save and come back to the game?
    I had a similar issue and apparently there is also an issue which means you effectively lose control of the loco in the class 45 if you save, leave the game and then load the game. This is apparently something which can be fixed if you stand up and sit down a few times. But no guarantees apparently.

If you're not coming back to a previously saved game I have no other suggestion!

5. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Are you sure the cars doors are all closed and the brakes pressure is in the right position? You can see it also from the Hub at bottom-right of your screen. As general the orange needles in the Hub has to point the start position (or zero), otherwise the train cant move.

6. DeanB

DeanB New Member

As far as I'm aware all brake pressure is as should be and released, doors are all locked (as it says objective complete), reverser is forward, brake key is on, pantograph is raised... #Shrug

This was supposed to be a quoted reply to 7orenz my apologies.

7. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

Train Sim World® 2020-03-13 20-08-37.png

1) In the 'BP' indicator (on the Hub) the orange needle has to point the 0 like in the screen.
    2) Sometimes the throttle lever RB/RT dont work perfectly, so I suggest you to try to put again the throttle to Off (RB) and then try to increase (RT) to move the train (Ampere indicator, 'A' in the Hub, has to increase).

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  8. DeanB

DeanB New Member

Done all that too 7orenz I've even shut everything down again step by step and reapplied it all to no avail!

It's getting slightly frustrating now if I'm honest!

9. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

...and that happen also if you try to restart the Scenario/Service? :|

10. Hordriss

Hordriss Member

This does seem to be a bit of a bug. I had the same with the class 101 last night (which I'm actually finally getting the hang of). I stopped at a station and nothing I could do would get the train running again. I had to restart the scenario, which I then managed to complete successfully.

11. noodlz05

noodlz05 New Member

I’m having this same issue on the BR146.2 Introduction journey. The game literally tells you what to do at every step and only allows you to set the throttle and brake, so I don’t think there’s any way I’m missing anything. There’s no throttle at all, I basically have to coast at less than 10mph all the way to Gemunden. Standing up and sitting down, and restarting the game haven’t made a difference.

12. Stockton Rails

Stockton Rails Well-Known Member

Not sure folks are still running into any of these issues at this point... but for any that are, it would be a good idea to open up a support ticket for some of these. It makes support aware of these issues (if they aren’t already)... and in some cases, it can lead to the issues being marked for review by the developers.

13. rcmarple

rcmarple Member

Similar thing happened to me on the 101 when I accidentally changed the reverser with the controller while still moving. I think I had to stop the engine and restart it to get going again?

Getting back on the original topic, the DBpbzfa has given me the same kind of issues described - the brakes need to be fully released and the doors closed before attempting to add throttle to get going. It's very unforgiving...

14. andy#5906

andy#5906 New Member

Well, I stumbled upon this post as I was having the same issue and the problem is that the prompts within the game do not really give you any hints on what needs to be done in order to fix it.

It took me ages to figure this one out, but below is the full procedure that seems to works for me for the Saturday Circuit on the Main Spessart Bahn which involves switching to the DBpbzfa Control Car for the return trip.

BR 185.2 & DBpbzfa Control Car

START OPERATION
    Battery - Press for 5 Seconds
    Set Master Switch to Neutral to charge the brakes
    Set Headlights to Reduced
    Set Master & Instrument Lights to On

BRAKE HANDLE TEST
    Set Master Switch to Forward
    Set Train Brake to Full Service
    Set Train Brake to B1

RAISE PANTOGRAPH
    Set the Pantograph to Raised
    Set MCB (Master Circuit Breaker) to Closed

UNLOCK DOORS (LOAD PASSENGERS)
    Set Door Locking to Release Left / Right
    Pull the Passenger Door to Unlock
    Set Door Locking to Local All

RELEASE PARKING BREAK
    Press Release Parking Break

SHUTDOWN THE CAB (PREP FOR MOVING TO THE CONTROL CAR)
    Set the Train Brake to Release
    Set Master Switch to OFF
    Set Signal Lights to Tail lights

EXIT ENGINE CAB
    WALK ALONG THE TRAIN TO THE CONTROL CAR (DBpbzfa)

CONTROL CAR (DBpbzfa)
    Set the Battery Switch to On
    Set Signal Lights to Headlights
    Set the Brake Key to On
    Set the Train Reverser to Forward
    Activate the Pentograph - set to Raise
    Set the MCB to Closed
    Set Headlights & Instrument Lights to On
    Set Headlight Signal Lights to Normal (Key H)
    Lock/Unlock All Doors with TAB
    Set the Train Brake to Release

PREPARING FOR TOTAL POWER DOWN
    Set the Reverser to Off
    Set the Brake Key to Off

Have fun! Still a great game after all this time...

• Like Like x 1
  15. theroyalau#4851

theroyalau#4851 New Member

Ok, same thing is happening to me, and I'll be correcting you on a few things andy:

1) Theres no parking break in the DBpbzfa as I don't see it in the cab and I'm in game looking at the controls right now as I post this message.

2) Its not located on the fuse panel either (where it would be in the DB BR 145.2, 185.2, and the 181.1).

3) I followed all of these instructions to the letter and nothing. No power is going to the wheels at all.

16. adamtre1

adamtre1 New Member

There is a small brake overcharge button next to the brake key, you need to press this to completely empty the brake lines and enable power. Poorly handled in this dlc