Caltrains Mp15dc Brake Problem

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by fabienlimp95, Apr 2, 2020.

1. fabienlimp95

fabienlimp95 Well-Known Member

Ive just get this Loco DLC and so far im pretty happy about it, nive detailing and Sounds. But i have a small problem (couldnt find a simular threat so i posted this).

There is this Rescue Scenario where ypu have to rescue a broken Train and get it back to the CEMOF (if im correct?!) . After coupling to the train i wanted to switch cabs of the mp15's . Ive 'put down' all the breaks in the current one like in the Tutorial, switching to the other one amd preparing the Loco ask asked (like in the tutorial again) everthing seems to be ok (brake gauges show correct pressures) also i did it the exactly way as mentioned in tutorial but when to start of, the brakes seem just not to fully release ?!

Has anyone an Idea what this can be caused of ?

2. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

First off I'd double check that on your trailing loco, the automatic break be "cut out" and the MU-2A valve set to Trail 2 or 26.

Make sure you cut in the automatic break on and set the MU-2A valve to "lead or dead" on the new loco.

If you had the alerter system on, the PCS might have tripped when you coupled to the disabled train - if this happened you need to center the reverser, put the throttle in idle, put the independent break to full, then set the automatic brake into "emergency" for 60. After 60 seconds have passed, release the automatic and you should start to see the equalizing reservoir (white needle) start to rise. The PCS doesn't sound like your issue but thought I'd double check.

Providing a picture or video would help.

-Dean

3. fabienlimp95

So tried the trick with emergency brake. Tried switching cabs before coupling onto the failed train. Nothig happens im pretty sure its a game problem. Ive seen a Video of this scenario where it was the same Problem (the player doenst bother as he keeps just giving more Power).
    It look like everything is ok but the train refuses to "roll" . I think its even just the Wagons as i was able to pull the f40 and did a roll test, it was fine. With Wagons train refuse to roll so something is braking it. I dondt know.

4. ragn05

ragn05 Well-Known Member

so... I am not sure if you fixed the issue, but set your brakes as passenger, could work

5. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

All I'll say is I played through this scenario last night and everything worked fine.

-Dean

6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

I think the handbrakes are applied on the passenger cars.

• Like Like x 1
  7. fabienlimp95

Thanks for your answer, but ive checked that too, at least in the cab-car. Are there Handbrakes in the regular Wagons ?

8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Yes

• Like Like x 1
  9. fabienlimp95

I will check later ! Thx fot the tips! Anyone tried that themselves ?

10. deans.ma

deans.ma Member

That must be why I had those engines in notch 8 just getting the thing moving!

Thanks
    -Dean

11. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

I'll echo this: no difficulty running this activity. However, your decision to switch engines, although sensible, may have caused the problem. Activities such as this are programmed to be run according to their instructions. Skipping an instruction, for example, will prevent the next instruction from appearing; that adding something may cause problems seems rationally probable.

12. Dux of Fatumnia

Dux of Fatumnia New Member

Hey. Although it is 2,5 years after your post, I bought the Switcher Train today and ran into the same problem, but found the cause of the issue, in case you haven't already.

I had the exact same happening: the loco was moving, but the wagon brakes didn't release. The cause was quite simple: the cut-out switch was put in 'freight' mode, which operates at 90 psi brake pipe pressure. But the wagons are passenger cars, so they operate with 110 psi, so the cut-out valve should be set to 'passenger' mode.

Don't know if you are still playing or whether you found it out already, but perhaps it might be helpful.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  13. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

The problem seems to only appear from TSW3 that this valve has a bug! In some services it works and also releases the brakes, in other services it works but the brakes still do not release.

Definitely something DTG needs to check out!

• Like Like x 1
  14. fabienlimp95

Thats a funny one because if I remember correctly the cause for the problem was that on every wagon the handbreak was tightened up, so I've climbed through the hole train releasing them and then I could drive the train without any problems. I might changed the valve aswell but that's to far back tbh to remember it. This was in TSW2. Haven't touched the route since ages. Maybe I should to that again but It seems it's currently in a bugged/broken state with missing timetables etc. (Maybe fixed?)

But thanks for the help anyway :)

• Like Like x 1