Lirr: Port Jefferson (dlc 1) & Lirr: Babylon (dlc 2)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lucas_5_5, Apr 3, 2020.

1. lucas_5_5

lucas_5_5 Well-Known Member

LIRR Port Jefferson Branch.png LIRR Babylon & Long Beach.png

• Like Like x 13
  2. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. mrchuck

• Like Like x 1
  4. lucas_5_5

Ronkonkoma branch would be good too, less scenic, but larger. Its 60 miles from Hicksville to Greenport (i think its tha last stop).
    I just want to put my hands in one of those DM30AC
    dm30ac cab.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  5. kiyoko91

kiyoko91 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. mrchuck

Ronkonkoma would be awesome I think there’s a third party team working on extending the route to ronkonkoma once the editing tools are available.

• Like Like x 2
  7. lucas_5_5

• Like Like x 3
  8. malikrthr

malikrthr Well-Known Member

Rolling stock and route expansion for the LIRR in TSW should definitely be considered. We have a good start overall in TSW with the LIRR from Penn Station/Atlantic Terminal to Hicksville. I can definitely picture a longer LIRR route and variety of content in TSW.

• Like Like x 7
  9. mrchuck

I hope would love to see the Port Jefferson Branch sometime in the future because most of the Port Jefferson Dual mode diesel locomotives stop at Long Island city and hunterspoint Avenue which are al ready on the game and I think they could at least extend the route to Huntington or Port Jefferson I would definitely like to see a third party group extension to Port Jefferson.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. kiyoko91

Ronkonkoma is the last stop of all electric trains. East side of the station, just diesel trains.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  11. lucas_5_5

Yes yes i know. Like huntington in the Jefferson branch.
    And also after ronkonkoma station it becames mostly single track

• Like Like x 3
  12. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

How the heck did you make the proposal so detailed like a business plan? Are you using some type of software if is that a photo?

13. MetrolinkF125#916

Anyways I would love to see these trains in TSW as well as more diesel traction for US routes!

• Like Like x 3
  14. lucas_5_5

I use this web site:
    https://www.canva.com/
    I like to make this kind of things, and also this cuarentene thing is giving me some extra spare time...

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. lucas_5_5

I also have 6 month outside my hometown, and in this laptop i have i can not play TSW... since RRO i dont play it... :(

• Like Like x 2
  16. MetrolinkF125#916

Nice, really like your creativity when making proposals! Yes the quarantine here in LA is also keeping most of us indoors with almost nothing to do, so why not engage in some pastime creative work?;)

• Like Like x 3
  17. mrchuck

It takes about 48 minutes to get to Port Jefferson from Huntington hopefully they’ll extend the route from Hicksville to Port Jefferson in the future when they add the Dual mode diesel locomotives.

• Like Like x 3
  18. james.m.reilly.jcduins

james.m.reilly.jcduins New Member

Perhaps we could get LIRR MOW scenarios too. They use MP-15s if I recall correctly, similar to what DTG released for Caltrain as an add on DLC.

• Like Like x 3
  19. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

I mean they haven't even extended the Ronkonkoma branch yet, I hope it comes in the future though. I would also like to see an extension to the port Washington branch out of Woodside

• Like Like x 3
  20. mrchuck

I think the Lirr development is working on ronkonkoma.

• Like Like x 2
  21. tallboy7648

Hopefully

• Like Like x 3
  22. bscs1963

bscs1963 New Member

Huntington is so close to Hicksville. What a great DLC that would be. Or Pt Washington

• Like Like x 3
  23. tallboy7648

That should have been included when the dlc released

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  24. mrchuck

The M7 locomotive goes in the direction of Huntington then ronkonkoma they should extend the route further to Huntington or Port Jefferson.

• Like Like x 2
  25. tallboy7648

It should've gone to port Washington when the dlc was released

• Like Like x 2
  26. MrbKlegend89

MrbKlegend89 Well-Known Member

I agree, that Penn to Woodside run is corny...even if it made as far as Great Neck I still wouldve been fine with it....Me I wish if this DLC wouldve ran as far as Huntington and Farmingdale(if they couldnt go far to Ronkonkoma) and Port Washington(or even Great Neck)...I dont understand how the Hempstead line gets more share in the game than the Main Line!..Main line one hour apart each service cmon now. This shouldve came as two mainline service splitting at Hicksville continuing down the Port Jeff and Ronkonkoma lines!!

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  27. mrchuck

there’s a development third party group creating the ronkonkoma line I heard that back in 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  28. tallboy7648

They need to also change the Timetable on the Hempstead branch because Hempstead branch trains only go to Penn Station during peak rush hour times and all Hempstead branch trains that run to Alantic Terminal Brooklyn are 8 car trains not 6 car

• Like Like x 2
  29. mrchuck

The Port Jefferson Branch world be a awesome route to drive someday in the future with the DM30AC’s Locomotive and with 95 votes I hope we get dovetail to release the Dual mode diesel locomotive with the Port Jefferson Branch in the future because it’s a 48 minute train ride i’m not sure how many minutes more it is from Hicksville but I would love to see the route extension from Hicksville to Port Jefferson.

• Like Like x 1
  30. MrbKlegend89

Yea I dont understand that timetable either like Hempstead to/from Penn and gets more service than the main line like that dont make sense....again I feel like the team didnt do complete homework on this LIRR DLC....like yea nice we getting m3 but it's nothing but a bit of substitution of service already in the game, like I technically not even buying the m3 cuz there no improvement in the DLC...the LIRR is one of the busiest railroad and its lack or trains in game and especially in the yards....and still no service to from Hunterspoint Av and Long Island City.....when this game was released this shouldve extended out to Port Washington(or cut back to Great Neck), Huntington and Farmingdale(if they couldnt go way out to Ronkonkoma)...at least a few emu service to/from Hunterspoint Av to begin with(since no DM30acs in the game)...this dlc is still lack of work.if the M3 was released and the dlc was also added for many additional service to appear in the game I wouldve been okay with it....but again I'm not buying a M3 that's jus to replace(or option) existing service only that's wack

• Like Like x 1
  31. mrchuck

They’ve got 95 votes already for the dual mode diesel locomotive so I believe they’ll release it soon since hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island city are in the game then more service and scenarios to hunterspoint Avenue could happen.

• Like Like x 1
  32. MrbKlegend89

Another thing is they need to REDO the entire timetables in the game anyway some service cant even be completed on time because of certain trains especially the Main Line ones smfh....like the 17:15 service I'm delayed 5 mins cuz I gotta wait for a westbound train to crawl in Penn and then use that same track to depart which is ANOTHER mistake DTG made is few Eastbound trains using the westbound side in the East River tunnel en route to Jamaica and all....the 14:15p . The 17:15 pm and I think the 8:15am one....and dont get me started on the Belmont Park train one

• Like Like x 1
  33. MrbKlegend89

They ain't releasing nor making it happen, supposingly DTG dont have enough info in the library or some sought which I find as an excuse

• Like Like x 1
  34. mrchuck

All Dtg needs are some pictures of the Dual mode diesel locomotives and the route it travel on like Port Jefferson,Greenport,Oyster bay,Patchouge Hunterspoint Avenue and Long Island city.

• Like Like x 1
  35. MrbKlegend89

Oh yea they ALSO couldve added to East Williston in the game cuz I spawn walked after Mineola and u almost NEAR East Williston till they black u out of session smfh!!

• Like Like x 1
  36. mrchuck

They’ve could have added the Atlantic Branch like Jamaica to Long Beach or Jamaica to far rockaway or Jamaica to west Hempstead.

• Like Like x 1
  37. MrbKlegend89

Watching the stream on youtube and already not impressed, theres I think 3 extra scenarios regarding the M3 and one of em look like a bootleg scenario of "Kings and Queens" and another might be a scenario operating from Atlantic Term to Hicksville I gotta check again!

• Like Like x 1
  38. tallboy7648

I live in NYC and take the Long Island Railroad and I can say that the innacurate timetable is a bit ridiculous

• Like Like x 2
  39. tallboy7648

I don't understand why the m3 only has three scenarios. The port Washington branch should go to port Washington not Woodside and we should be able to go to Ronkonkoma. It's absurd at this point. They need to change they're ways. Imma get the m3 but I think it's just a cash grab with not much new.

• Like Like x 2
  40. MrbKlegend89

Ima New Yorker too, the dlc is way too incomplete I did see I think one of the scenarios include a run from Atlantic Term to Hicksville but cmon again it is one of busiest railroads and in the game it's dead as hell...Jamaica especially when service only use tracks 2,3,4(one service from Belmont Park), 6(one service to Belmont Park, and 8...still no timetable service to or from Long Island City or Hunterspoint Av.....meanwhile HRR dlc has nearly 500 services smfh

• Like Like x 1
  41. tallboy7648

I think they need to add all the lines on the Long Island Railroad because that's why it's not busy. We should also be able to operate 8 car trains to Alantic Terminal. 6 car trains do not go to Alantic Terminal at all on the Hempstead Branch. It has to be fixed

• Like Like x 1
  42. MrbKlegend89

I'm not getting a m3 jus for 3 extra scenarios...we need MORE services in the game, busiest railroad yea right smfh made it look dead

• Like Like x 1
  43. MrbKlegend89

Oh nah I've seen 6 car trains between Hempstead and Atlantic Terminal at rare times it would have BARELY few services with 8 cars.....why is the boring Penn-Woodside(so called Port Washington) only 6 cars and again they shouldve added the Port Washington Branch

• Like Like x 1
  44. tallboy7648

The reason why this isn't busy is because there are only three lines. Well technically 4 if you count port Washington (crap) and the only way it'll be busy is if all the lines of the Long Island Railroad are added. And if they fix the darn passengers and make stations more busy. Hopefully in the future they will.

• Like Like x 3
  45. kiyoko91

If they put that route for the upcoming TSW 2, you can expect a full-length route between Babylon or Long Beach & Brooklyn's Atlantic Terminal (rush-hour only) or Penn Station in Midtown Manhattan.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  46. mrchuck

I would definitely like to see Babylon or Long Beach on TSW 2 hopefully there working on it because there was a update 9 days ago on the Long Island Railroad Hicksville add-on Route in the SteamDb.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  47. tallboy7648

I would like to see more lines for the lirr because the game fails to capture how busy it is due to the lack of lines on the lirr dlc which is a joke. I hope we actually do get the full Long Island Railroad system

• Like Like x 3