Main Spessart Bahn 500 Hz Bugs

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Redbus, May 3, 2020.

1. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Lohr Bahnhof - Gemunden service
    After the stop at Langenprozelten a 60 kmh restriction to crossover to the left hand track is negotiated. From then on we are in restricted 1000 Hz mode (45 kmh), but as we approach the next two signals the 500 Hz magnet is activated which it should not be. This results in systematic emergency stops for no reason as we are below 45 kmh but above 25 kmh.

Many thanks for taking a look at these bugs.

2. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Just to add to the list, a similar 500 Hz issue occurs approaching the bay platform at Aschaffenburg (service from Heigenbruecken). Emergency stop for no reason... is there an undocumented PZB rule that says 25 kmh or less when signalled into a bay (even 2 signals back)?

3. Iunoi

Iunoi New Member

zurek.michal had some thought about it too.

The 500Hz Magnet is active because the Signal shows ZS 3 (do 30km/h). The distant signal should show ZS 3v (expect 30km/h) which it doesn't do. You should not be forced to brake to 25 km/h. (I played it right now, double checked it, if you go below 40km/h at the 500Hz magnet you are not emergency stopped.

I also attached a german link in the old forum post. Which explains 500Hz Magnet in conjunction with ZS 3.

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...bahn-saturday-circuit-bugs.21850/#post-126878

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

Thank you lunoi for this information I was not aware and will look into that.
    I am starting to feel more comfortable with PZB, but it can still throw up a few surprises!